Black Ops Iron Sights

redstorm_05

Ive been looking at all of the trailers and gameplay and im a bit worried about somthing...

Why do quite a few guns have the same iron sights?

They seem to have the famas sights but i never liked them anyway, im confused because the guns are from different companys and stuff so why are they the same?

this is my first post so please dont eat me :? :lol:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-You can't customize your iron sights. People are probably getting this confused with how you can use the "Upgraded Iron Sights" Attachment on pistols.

-A TON of guns have these iron sights.

-Famas

-G11

-Enfield

-Aug

-Commando

-M60

And dont be surprised if the FAL's iron sights are the same too (We havent seen the FAL's iron sights yet)

Most of the guns in this time period that are experienced in the game were prototypes. They had no specific features, parts, mechanisms etc. Treyarch is going off military advisory and general creativity to design and implement these guns into real situations. Designing Iron Sights could not be seen as a main focus because they will eventually be cut off by Scopes, Red Dot Sights, etc etc... That is why the FAMAS has the same iron sight as an LMG. :lol:

I think you can buy different iron sights, so maybe everybody just likes those. Or maybe its just laziness. I noticed it too, in a video of gun game I saw, like every gun had the FAMAS sights. Could be some sort of balancing feature too. Though I don't know why they would do that.

yeh you can buy your iron sights so its personal preference!

those iron sights shouldn't be called famas iron sights, the sights on the famas in mw2 weren't the famas' real-life sights: they're special precision sights, the famas' origional sights can be seen folded down.

my guess is since so many weapons were prototypes, the military wanted some standardization so all the prototypes had the same sights.

in the case of the g11, that gun has no iron sights in real life, an acog is permenantly attached. so treyarch literally had to make them.