How do you feel about leaked info.

codestuffz174

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaked info is being hunted down by Treyarch, so it would look bad if carbon, a guy who is mates with them, allowed it on his site.

It's never going to be allowed. End of discussion.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote I said I didn't want to change the rules and I understand why they are in place. This is a discussion of opinion not rule changing.

Discussion open.

Leaked info is being hunted down by Treyarch, so it would look bad if carbon, a guy who is mates with them, allowed it on his site.

It's never going to be allowed. End of discussion.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote I said I didn't want to change the rules and I understand why they are in place. This is a discussion of opinion not rule changing.

Discussion open.

I'm just saying, nothing is going to come of it.

And you'll get some fools who will come in here, see "leaked info", and post leaked info. Some people are like that.

Well people like that don't need to be apart of this site anyway right, so like all the rest of the leaked info it will get deleted and person responsible will be punished. So you could look at this topic as a way to catch them.

I thought this is an independent website to share our knowledge about Treyarch´s Zombies and Black Ops. But as I see I was wrong. :-(

In my opinion it doesen´t matter if carbon and JD are friends or not! Its TREYARCHS OWN FAULT to wait so long for a teaser, they of course must know that there are some people out there who would do crazy shit to get a copy of CoD Black Ops (for example steal a copy out of a DVD facility ;) I never thought that is possible :lol: )

Treyarch made the whole community hungry for the coop mode like zombies for brains! And now tell the zombie to not eat that yummie brain.

One last question before I get punished:

Why is the LEAKED achievement list allowed but the actual video of the new zombie mode not?

in my opinion i sorta feel violated. i cant blame anyone but myself for viewing that awesome oober video. but if i were to blame anyone for making me wait so long, with so much anxiety for ANY type of evidence or proof (at least a picture treyarch cmon) then i blame treyarch for not feeding us well.

other than that.. Zomb mode looks incredible.

One last question before I get punished:

Why is the LEAKED achievement list allowed but the actual video of the new zombie mode not?

To answer your question the achievment list was not leaked. It was mailed to Vosty from JD. The irony is that Treyarch used the pretense of a leak to help spread interest ( a viral marketing ploy) which is fair enough.

But when real leaks happen they are not so happy, which is also fair enough. I have said it before and will say it again a good product does not need underhanded marketing ploys, it sells itself. I strongly believe Treyarch have a superb product to bring to market; as do many others.

I hope in future you do not try to coerce the populace, they will eventualy become wise and hate you for it.

Now to answer the OP. Two years, two hundered + people working on this product. The arguement that is used to bolster the (illegal) pirate networks is moot here, this is not some 2 bit artist screaming into a mike and getting auto tuned for the masses. This leak alone will affect sales, amazon have dropped the price of the prestige addition and it could have further far reaching consequences. This is without the disk bieng shaired out and replicated, which might yet happen.

People are also completely misinterpreting what they have seen and this is seen on forums everywhere, which again might lead to a large loss of sales.

So while I am no fan of Vivendi Corp and their method of operating, I do however realy feel for the Dev team at Treyach.

Just to be sure we are on the same page, this is not a leak; it is the theft of the sum of two years work by hundereds of people.

Therefore it is my opinion that this is unacceptable, I intend to support this product by making a purchase so that I can continue to enjoy the fruits of Treyarchs creativety in the future.

I don't want to be apart of any group that disrespects the developers. Carbon is standing up and saying no leaked info and I fully support him. If you want leaks, go to some trash site, there are plenty of them.

Aside from the fact that leaked info is shady, I love that Christmas glee feeling when I throw in a new game, and am SURPRISED. I don't want to know everything. I like to be teased, it heightens the experience.

I say no. And not just because I want to be a moderator. I said no because No Russian, one of the most powerful levels in the last game, got ruined by all the leaks. Once I become a moderator, and I'm pretty sure I will, you link it, I close it. I come here every day to look at new trailers, new screenshots, and other forms of legitimate promotion, not to know how the game ends.

I don't want to be apart of any group that disrespects the developers. Carbon is standing up and saying no leaked info and I fully support him. If you want leaks, go to some trash site, there are plenty of them.

Aside from the fact that leaked info is shady, I love that Christmas glee feeling when I throw in a new game, and am SURPRISED. I don't want to know everything. I like to be teased, it heightens the experience.

What about the leaked information from GameStop some weeks ago? They gave information about the zombie mode to their costumers before Treyarch did that officially. Without that leak we probably would today still not know if Zombies are included or not. Nobody said: "Oh no, i want to be surprised!" Leaks like that only will increase the pressure on Treyarch to make an official trailer or confirmation. And that is what we all want right?

Further more i want to say im not a guy who supports guys stealing dvds out of a facility! I wish Activision or Treyarch will find that guy and whip his a** before he makes more illegal copies of that awesome game.

Couldn't have said it better myself. As hard as it is to wait, I want to wait and experience the game first hand. I want to make my own judgments based on my own gameplay, not some crappy youtube video some hacker made.

Allowing those videos on this site would be an ultimate slap in the face to the developers. This site doesn't need garbage like that.

Leaked info is (in my opinion) unreasonable. Why post footage of something everyone will eventually play? I think there should be laws implemented for breaking the Street Date for video games. That way people don't bribe Gamestop or GAME to sell them Black Ops 2 weeks early.

Just to keep the word out - http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2443

Explains the rules of Leaked Footage for Callofdutyzombies.com. Good thread! +1 [brains]

I dont like spoilers, but other people do. People who do the "spoiling" should change the font to black or use the "spoiler" BB code font... No leaked videos are allowed on this site anyway.

Well, MP and Zombies I do not care much about., but SP I do not want any spoilers. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself. As hard as it is to wait, I want to wait and experience the game first hand. I want to make my own judgments based on my own gameplay, not some crappy youtube video some hacker made.

Allowing those videos on this site would be an ultimate slap in the face to the developers. This site doesn't need garbage like that.

Exactly these people worked 2 yrs on this. The game will be out in what 3 weeks I think any body could wait that long.

either way, everybodys exlination here is correct. we all know how bad some people can be by spoiling it for others but what im saying here is how SAD :( it is, our only zombie trailer came to us by a hacker 2 weeks before the game is out.

either way i am against leaks. i think that man should be tried for what hes done and i guess we can all rest now. zombies is back, and gonna kick ass!

If the man that stole it was tried in court he would only be found guilty of petty theft, and in Illinois anyway that is only a misdemeanor. So, his punishment would probably be a fine, payback the $60, and a slap on the wrist.

However,if Activision/Treyarch filed a lawsuit it would probably be a lot more money. But the lawsuit would probably be against the company he works for. If not somebody clarify.

Let's get this straight. While I fully agree with what Claire, Minus, and Bowski all said before and I support the no tolleration rule for leaked footage, I want to make one thing clear. We do not care if you decide to go looking for this leaked footage on your own. If you want to view leaked footage, that is fine with us. We do not care if you want to share the footage with other people through some private means. You're not going to get banned or anything like that if we find out that you were watching it or shared it with someone. The thing that you WILL get punished for is for posting the footage on our site, discussing leaked footage, or anything of the sort. WE ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CONDONE THIS BEHAVIOR. And yes, I realize I just wrote that all in caps, and that's because I want to drill that into your skulls. I want you to be able to remember this for future reference. We are trying to make these forums the best place you can go to discuss official news and not have to worry about the risk of encountering leaked footage.