On Der Riese Which side do you open up first

chimpanste

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go the Thompson way. I camp in the thompson room until around 20 then I run. I keep the thompson the entire game, usually pap'd at round 15 or so. I usually have the most kills and points since everyone else is usually standing on the catwalk. So teleporting and buying 4500 worth of ammo is no big deal. Especially since you can easily make that much and more with an upgraded thompson and your secondary weapon. The thompson is a beast and is one of the best guns for this map. After 30 you have to have the ray or the waffle as the secondary. After 40 you need your best running shoes. After 50, get a crawler take a piss drink a big glass of something ice cold, wipe all the sweat off your hands and controller take a deep breath, knife that eff'ing crawler and well, GAME ON ZOM-BITCHES!

All respect guys but IMO that's kinda nooby buyin those guns, I usually rely on ma good ol' pistol and knife till I reach the box. I go the Thompson route but refuse to EVER buy it...

Well it's hardly "nooby" to buy the Thompson, not being big-headed but I'm one of the best Der Riese players there is and I buy the Thompson at round 3, most of the time keeping it for the rest of the game. It's a powerful weapon, good point builder and you can continually buy ammo for it.

Of course knifing is good for points, I always knife in the first rounds - but what happens if you spend all the points you just made on the box and end up with a couple of crappy weapons? At least by buying the Thomspon you're guaranteed to have something good to start with.

I guess it doesn't need mentioning that I go the Thompson way ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

On Der Riese, i'm in no rush to get to the power room, so i camp with the thompson until i feel overwhelmed, then i'll go open the power room. What I'll also sometimes do is open the Type 100 Room, buy the Type 100, turn on the power, then go link that teleporter, all on round 5.

• 2 months later...

I alternate depending on players, I adapt to the situation and plan accordingly. I'm like that

If I go trenchgun way I get the M1 Carbine (apologies if spelt wrong and stuff) because it is surprising good and powerful, and can kill dogs. Plus upgraded it's truly amazing... wish I had gone that way before.

Of course my favourite wall gun is Thompson and thus most times I go that way. But in Black Ops all three of my guns will be wall

Thompson

Carbine

Type 100 (surprised, its good all rounder, good for head shots and I like its accuracy

On WaW my favourite combo was Thompson and FG-42 (I could control recoil on FG to an extent)

I rarely use the box. I couldn't care less if you get the Aug or Galil. I like the weapons but ammo is a problem if you wait for a max ammo. Wall guns gurantee ammo, if you look after points.

• 6 months later...

The reason people go the Thompson route is that is easier to avoid any/all zombies and is shorter.

Another stellar reason is headshots and thompson ammo make for great points, the shotgun sucks for points.

I have done both ways myriad times, the Thompson run is clearly much easier. Camping the dt side of the bridge is much easier than the other side, if you do the solo runs, like i do.

Solo:

1-2 stab, 3 shoot/stab, 4 operation gtfo, buy thompson, buy stairs door. Camp ledge by dt until 4250 points, jump down, power on, open bowie knife door, buy bk (Stabitha). Pistol and stab until l12. Use thompson up, open flytrap door, tp door (leave door by jugger closed). Open last tp. Link if you want to pap or save for possible max ammo power ups. This early, ammo is rarely an issue as you can buy it. Get betties.

Trade thompson for trench, pap trench, get third gun. Pap start pistol, trade kar for thompson. Don't pap thompson.

Alternately, trade pistol for trench, keep thommy, box for flamethrower (pap it) or other fun toy, like mg42.

Start at dt ledge, fall off fight to back, run up steps, out window, go right through arch, fight outside thompson room, run up to dt ledge/ repeat ad infinitum or until dead.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The best place for a 4 person camp is the flytrap hallway. It laughs at the catwalk stragedy (tragic strategy).

So,in that case you would also open the Thompson side and leave both doors by the carbine closed.

One guy on the back window, 3 on the hallway. Betties lining the area between.

You have an escape door (with electric trap no less) if things go badly.

Throw monkey bomb into spawn if in trouble or a player gets downed.

Hold a window zombie between rounds.