On Der Riese Which side do you open up first

chimpanste

Hi guys just wondering Which side people prefer to open up first,

The Trench Gun Route or the Thompson Route.

I prefer to use the Trench gun Route firstly because

i Love to kill the Hell Hounds with my Trench gun and i like to get my Bettys early on.

ive asked people online why they prefer the thompson way

but have never gotten any real answers.

:mrgreen:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thompson route because it helps to pull up your score. A kill with the thompson on early rounds fetches you more than 60pts which is what the trench gives in those early rounds. Plus its high rate of fire is something thats a prerequisite to later rounds. I can get from 3-7k pts in early rounds just from using the tommy and the M1911.

Thompson route because it helps to pull up your score. A kill with the thompson on early rounds fetches you more than 60pts which is what the trench gives in those early rounds. Plus its high rate of fire is something thats a prerequisite to later rounds. I can get from 3-7k pts in early rounds just from using the tommy and the M1911.

I agree...you get way more points with the Thompson. Plus you can keep it until around round 15 or so before you really need a better gun.

I used to go shotgun all the time so i could get my hands on that badboy but finally noticed you get more points and can hold up more spots if you take the Thompson route. For instance you leave the shotgun stairs alone have 1 guy on either side of the bridge until round 9 or so.

Most of the time, because of my bad luck, by round 3 I will NOT have the most points meaning that (when I'm playing with decent players which is like never anymore) I don't open the doors.

But when I do have the most points, I tend to open up the Thompson way because, like others said, you get more points and larger clips with the Thompson, giving you more chance of survival in a way.

But I see where you're coming from by opening the Trench Gun way, I used to do that until around Christmas 09 time.

• 4 months later...

Well, if it's four people the we normally go Thompson and move as a single group to activate teleporters. When it's just we and someone else, then we usually split up, one going in each direction (I normally go Trench Gun side), activating a teleporter at the end of the Round until we have them all linked.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm playing off-line, I open the trench gun way and keep the Tompson way closed just in case we want to use the barrier glitch with that door. But normally it's the Tompson way. No real reason.

Why did people give this person -2 brains? Its just his opinion. Ill start by giving you one back.

What I do is go to the Trench gun. I just prefer the one hit kills until I can get a decent weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

I open the trench gun way and keep the Tompson way closed just in case we want to use the barrier glitch with that door.

Why did people give this person -2 brains? Its just his opinion. Ill start by giving you one back.

What I do is go to the Trench gun. I just prefer the one hit kills until I can get a decent weapon.

I didn't - [brains] him, but he said he does barrier glitch. :evil:

Peace out... 8-)

Since Verrukt I have this Golden Rule whenever I play Zombies. Always Buy a SMG off the Wall. A: You never know what you will get whenever you try your luck at the Box.

B: The SMG can hold you till at least Round 15. But chances are you will get a good gun before then.

So its no doubt that I take the Thompson Side. Its a Heck a lot better then the Trench Gun. I hate when people take that way at the start.

Question: Are there any "Black Ops" Weapons on the Walls in Black Ops "WAW" Maps?

Since Verrukt I have this Golden Rule whenever I play Zombies. Always Buy a SMG off the Wall. A: You never know what you will get whenever you try your luck at the Box.

B: The SMG can hold you till at least Round 15. But chances are you will get a good gun before then.

So its no doubt that I take the Thompson Side. Its a Heck a lot better then the Trench Gun. I hate when people take that way at the start.

Question: Are there any "Black Ops" Weapons on the Walls in Black Ops "WAW" Maps?

No, only in the box.

• 4 months later...

All respect guys but IMO that's kinda nooby buyin those guns, I usually rely on ma good ol' pistol and knife till I reach the box. I go the Thompson route but refuse to EVER buy it...

...It's nooby to guarantee yourself a good gun when you don't have the points to constantly spin the box until you get a slightly better one?

Early on in games the Trench Gun is a one shot kill, up until around round 10 I believe? Not that I use it very often so I don't know very well. Thompson is good for points and very powerful until around round 15, then it begins to lose power, and a clip of 20 becomes inconvenient.

Personally I always go the Thompson way. I love the gun, it's great for points (continue using the shoot + stab method with a Thompson, can't do that with Trench Gun) and also I always take the Thompson area for my own in online games for running trains, I find it to be the best area for it.

I never spin the box before roughly round 12, when I have Juggernog, preferably Speed Cola and usually I won't hit the box until I've PAP'd my M1911.