Think this'd work?

Gr4phix

EDIT/NOTE: Black Ops is NOT Gold yet, meaning NO retailer has even 1 copy of the game and it is being pressed, only the company in charge of the pressing would be likely to have a copy. I would STILL like your opinions though.

I want to go to my local Gamestop, and ask them if they have any early copies of Black Ops.

If they do, I'm going to ask them for one, saying, "I'm a Cancer Survivor and I almost lost my leg to a tumor. I had internal bleeding and I had Chemotherapy practically all last year. Chemotherapy is basically like having the stomach flu x 20. Just think of throwing up every 5 seconds, and feeling all your energy just getting drained out of you. There were so many times I felt I wasn't going to wake up the next morning, and here I am, asking for what will be my Favorite Game just a couple weeks early.. is that so much to ask for?"

So, think it'll work?

PS: I will NOT post any Black Ops Videos or information on CoDz!!!

PPS: I know it's Selfish, but I'm not that kind of person, and I know I'm going to make a GOOD difference in many people's lives. So :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to go to my local Gamestop, and ask them if they have any early copies of Black Ops.

If they do, I'm going to ask them for one, saying, "I'm a Cancer Survivor and I almost lost my leg to a tumor. I had internal bleeding and I had Chemotherapy practically all last year. Chemotherapy is basically like having the stomach flu x 20. Just think of throwing up every 5 seconds, and feeling all your energy just getting drained out of you. There were so many times I felt I wasn't going to wake up the next morning, and here I am, asking for what will be my Favorite Game just a couple weeks early.. is that so much to ask for?"

So, think it'll work?

PPS: I know it's Selfish, but I'm not that kind of person, and I know I'm going to make a GOOD difference in many people's lives. So :D

I feel so bad for you man. But, DO IT!

Going in order of replies :

I'm 14, 4'7", and I look like I'm 10.

Showing him a 15" scar and a couple of X-Rays showing that there's barely bone in my right leg should do the trick.

Don't feel bad mate, think of it like this :

I can still walk, and I'm still on this Earth.

Knowing Gamestop, probably. But Activision has been ontop of everything, so it's possible.

Even still, I'll ask first and see how it plays along.

So, think it'll work?

ahh man i was wondering why your sig was '8 months cancer free' i didnt actually know you had cancer. I'm 14 too and i could not imagine having cancer, it would wreck my life tbh, good for you getting through it. Also you seem pretty small for your age, cus im 5 foot 5 and 14 so. sorry if it seems like im talking too much or asking loads of questions lol. yea that would totally work, go for it!

So, think it'll work?

gash your face and say your a war veteran, thats more likely to get you the game

as far as someone getting the game early. There is this one Machinima director that brags about getting Cod early, at least a week to 2 weeks early every time the new edition is released. He is even selling t-shirts and promoting that if you buy one, you get to buy the game early through him, that is contacts can get him as many games as he wants. So expect a ton of "leaked gameplay" very soon, lol

First off, using a story like that just to get a game early is pretty ignorant. Wait the extra week and get it legit. Yes, I said extra week. Retailers don't get the games in as early as alot of people think. Black Ops is actually just getting pressed right now (according to my sources). Treyarch doesn't even have them yet.

As far as the videos of the disc/game being loaded in to the tray and started, that's a result of the company in charge of the pressings.

First off, using a story like that just to get a game early is pretty ignorant. Wait the extra week and get it legit. Yes, I said extra week. Retailers don't get the games in as early as alot of people think. Black Ops is actually just getting pressed right now (according to my sources). Treyarch doesn't even have them yet.

As far as the videos of the disc/game being loaded in to the tray and started, that's a result of the company in charge of the pressings.

You say using a "Story". Meaning.. what? If you think I didn't have to go through a whole years-worth of Chemotherapy and getting most of my leg chopped off and replaced with a Metal and Plastic rod, then you're the one who's ignorant.

Yeah, I read on DigitalWarfare24/7 yesterday that Black Ops isn't even Gold yet, so I'm sorry I had no idea before. I'll edit the OP saying that Black Ops isn't even Gold yet and by no means could anyone have it yet except for the company in charge of the pressings, as you stated.

You say using a "Story". Meaning.. what? If you think I didn't have to go through a whole years-worth of Chemotherapy and getting most of my leg chopped off and replaced with a Metal and Plastic rod, then you're the one who's ignorant.

Yeah, I read on DigitalWarfare24/7 yesterday that Black Ops isn't even Gold yet, so I'm sorry I had no idea before. I'll edit the OP saying that Black Ops isn't even Gold yet and by no means could anyone have it yet except for the company in charge of the pressings, as you stated.

Well, the way I read it at first, it sounded like you were coming up with a story to get the game early. Now that I've seen your reply and noticed your sig, I sincerely apologize. It's definitely unfortunate that you had to endure all of that.

Again, my mistake and apologies.

Well, the way I read it at first, it sounded like you were coming up with a story to get the game early. Now that I've seen your reply and noticed your sig, I sincerely apologize. It's definitely unfortunate that you had to endure all of that.

Again, my mistake and apologies.

Apology accepted. :)

Sorry if I sounded like a douche in the earlier post, I overreact when things like that happen. Dx

Wow, dude. You are just morally bankrupt. Heh. I think you're more likely to get an early copy through bribery. I guarantee you if I was a Gamestop manager and somebody tried to get me to jeopardize my career by selling him an early copy, and it turned out he was lying about having cancer, I'd have him permanently banned from my store. It's not that I wouldn't sympathize, but I WOULD take it personally.

Wow, dude. You are just morally bankrupt. Heh. I think you're more likely to get an early copy through bribery. I guarantee you if I was a Gamestop manager and somebody tried to get me to jeopardize my career by selling him an early copy, and it turned out he was lying about having cancer, I'd have him permanently banned from my store. It's not that I wouldn't sympathize, but I WOULD take it personally.

Who lies about cancer? What kind of douchebag would lie about something like that?

If I could show you my scar, I would.

If I could show you my X-Rays, I would.

If I could show you what happens when you're under Chemotherapy, I wouldn't.

Also, I've got a few pictures of me receiving my Make-A-Wish gift while I was in the hospital, bald, with an IV, and everything else.

Who lies about cancer? What kind of douchebag would lie about something like that?

If I could show you my scar, I would.

If I could show you my X-Rays, I would.

If I could show you what happens when you're under Chemotherapy, I wouldn't.

Also, I've got a few pictures of me receiving my Make-A-Wish gift while I was in the hospital, bald, with an IV, and everything else.

My bad, sir, my bad. It's just that I know a lot of f**ked up assholes who WOULD do something that wrong - plus I watch a lot of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." It ain't my fault I live around a lot of human trash, hate the world and assume the worst in people. I don't really know you, and the way you worded your post led me to believe you were saying something along the lines of "I want to go to my local Gamestop, tell them I'm a cancer survivor, make a convincing argument, and see if I can get an early copy." Maybe it was you telling us in detail exactly what you wanted to say that made me think it wasn't true. Hey, again dude, I am really sorry and had no idea you were telling the truth.

But yeah, like I said, if I worked at the Gamestop I'd have to verify what you were saying, but since you have proof, that shouldn't be too hard. I'm just saying there are a lot of people in the world who prey on the goodwill, kindness and compassion of others and need to be weeded out so that good people can get what they need. Hey, you know, if you're a pessimist who assumes the worst like me, you can only be pleasantly surprised.