'Nova' Gas Station in MW2...?

PeterTarrant

So you see, The use of the word Nova is entirely coincidental, there is no link.

Unless ofcourse that you are dimwitted enough to suggest that Zombies are caused by a inter-space launching

of apes from Northern Virginia (who had their own TV show and composed several books) into a White dwarf

that is currently undergoing a super Nova, and than exposed to horrible dutch music....

..... :facepalm:

This is WIN!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just because of Nova, it's called Nova gas.. it does kind of make you think, maybe treyarch were thinking of a name for the gas, remembered this from MW2 and decided to name it 'Nova' to confuse people, and if you want to argue about MW2 and Infinity ward, do it somewhere else, though personally, I think MW2 has the best FPS campaign I have ever seen... Until black Ops of course :mrgreen:

It's not just because of Nova, it's called Nova gas.. it does kind of make you think, maybe treyarch were thinking of a name for the gas, remembered this from MW2 and decided to name it 'Nova' to confuse people, and if you want to argue about MW2 and Infinity ward, do it somewhere else, though personally, I think MW2 has the best FPS campaign I have ever seen... Until black Ops of course :mrgreen:

Tempted to go and have a little look around the gas station, just to check out the price of gas. Maybe pick up a magazine or three. Then head back to the estate and chill out for a while.

wow all of you are banwaggoners iw and treyarch really this is what your arguing about half the kids that say infinity ward is better prolly never even played cod 2 anyways and i loved big red one and cod 2 if treyarch and infinty ward werent rivals we wouldnt have nearly as many good cod games so be quiet

Ok to end all of this bickering;

#1. Infinity Ward does indeed fail... can you say, "Respawn entertainment?" pwnt ftw.

#2. COD4:MW was the only decent COD game failward has under their belt. (records for MW2 dont mean gameplay isn't horrible... keep that in mind before you jump the gun with "MW2 was amazing! they are in the world records book!" i bet you right next to their "record breaking sales" is the guy for worlds biggest turd... (cross reference ;))

#3. Treyarch isnt "copying" MW2, they are simply using the same engine (IW engine) with enhancements that the failward team didn't seem to care about.

#4. this topic has nothing to do with IW vs Treyarch. If your going to bitch about "iw this, iw that, treyarch this, treyarch that" get a hobby and get off of here.

Back on topic:

It couldn't have been intentional being that IW and Treyarch each have their own thing goin on in development and i see them as "competitors" in the COD series in which they wouldnt want to give "tips/hints" into what they are doing with their next COD title...

They are using an enhanced W@W engine NUB.

NUB? what's a "NUB"

They are using an enhanced W@W engine NUB.

NUB? what's a "NUB"

Nub : A small lumb or protuberance...

But anyway, I do see the irony in the "Nova Gas station (MW2)" and "Nova Gas (BO)"!

But I guess we can only ever speculate over if there is any real connection

*bearing in mind that a connection won't advance or help anything at all, but it'd still be cool*

unless there does turn out to be some awesome symbolism or numbers down at the Nova Gas station :)

But I'm thinking not :p

Failward? You mean the company that invented Call of Duty in the first place. F*** off and go play Halo. Go whine to their community about one game's shitty multiplayer mode ruining the series.

They didnt invent call of duty! Treyarch made the first 3 games in the COD series but I agree that they are not failward cod 4 was good but mw2 was fail.

here is a list of the cod titles and their respective developers:

Call Of Duty-IW

Call Of Duty: Your Finest Hour-T

Call of Duty 2-IW

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One-T

Call of Duty 3-T

Call Of Duty 4-IW

Call Of Duty: World At War-T

Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Reflex-T

Modern Warfare 2: IW

Call Of Duty: Black Ops: T

Infinity Ward did in fact start Call Of Duty.

Failward? You mean the company that invented Call of Duty in the first place. F*** off and go play Halo. Go whine to their community about one game's shitty multiplayer mode ruining the series.

They didnt invent call of duty! Treyarch made the first 3 games in the COD series but I agree that they are not failward cod 4 was good but mw2 was fail.

here is a list of the cod titles and their respective developers:

Call Of Duty-IW

Call Of Duty: Your Finest Hour-T

Call of Duty 2-IW

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One-T

Call of Duty 3-T

Call Of Duty 4-IW

Call Of Duty: World At War-T

Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Reflex-T

Modern Warfare 2: IW

Call Of Duty: Black Ops: T

Infinity Ward did in fact start Call Of Duty.

I'm not going to call your post a fail, but how can you forget United Offensive, Roads to Victory, Final Fronts, CoD4, 5, 6 and now 7 for the DS, and STILL remember to include a port to a shittier console that adds nothing? I didn't even mention Force Recon but I'd forgive anyone for not even having heard of it.

They didnt invent call of duty! Treyarch made the first 3 games in the COD series.

No... Infinity Ward created CoD 1, 2, 4, and 6. Treyarch only started because Activision decided 1 CoD per every two years did not compute. Therefore, they decided to bring in another company to speed up CoD production. Treyarch, I hate to say it, but they piggybacked of CoD's success. Not to say WAW wasn't a good game, or that CoD 3 wasn't, but Infinity Ward made CoD, Treyarch got hired to make more CoD games.

wow all of you are banwaggoners iw and treyarch really this is what your arguing about half the kids that say infinity ward is better prolly never even played cod 2 anyways and i loved big red one and cod 2 if treyarch and infinty ward werent rivals we wouldnt have nearly as many good cod games so be quiet

If you learned to spell properly and use punctuation, we wouldn't be in agony at your post.

Guys, we're getting off topic. Please don't start a flame war about the two studios. They are both awesome studios.

I personally don't think they are connected majorly. IW might ave known a bit about Black Ops, and this is a nod to Treyarch.

I just played the Special Ops that has the 'Nova Gas station' with in

(can't remember the name, the one where you have to get a certain amount of kills, and there's two

tank thingies driving around outside).

I know the Nova gas station was in it, because the guy said "enemies near the Nova gas station" or something...

I went and snooped around the entire building while my friend occupied the AIs, and could not find

anything related to BO or Nazi Zombies in general, or the BO 'nova gas' at all! O_o

#1. Infinity Ward does indeed fail... can you say, "Respawn entertainment?" pwnt ftw.

#2. COD4:MW was the only decent COD game failward has under their belt. (records for MW2 dont mean gameplay isn't horrible... keep that in mind before you jump the gun with "MW2 was amazing! they are in the world records book!" i bet you right next to their "record breaking sales" is the guy for worlds biggest turd... (cross reference ;))

#3. Treyarch isnt "copying" MW2, they are simply using the same engine (IW engine) with enhancements that the failward team didn't seem to care about.

#4. this topic has nothing to do with IW vs Treyarch. If your going to bitch about "iw this, iw that, treyarch this, treyarch that" get a hobby and get off of here.

Back on topic:

It couldn't have been intentional being that IW and Treyarch each have their own thing goin on in development and i see them as "competitors" in the COD series in which they wouldnt want to give "tips/hints" into what they are doing with their next COD title...

Actually Call of Duty 2 was the best call of duty game in the series and it was made by IW but you wouldn't know that because the first game your mom got you was CoD4 or some shit.

Back on topic:

Actually Call of Duty 2 was the best call of duty game in the series and it was made by IW but you wouldn't know that because the first game your mom got you was CoD4 or some ****.

Stop taking this back off topic, we'd only just got it back there. And please don't swear.

Play nice.