'Nova' Gas Station in MW2...?

PeterTarrant

This could just be a coincedence but in the mission: 'Wolverines!' There is a Gas station with a company name: Nova, and Sgt. Foley tells you to go in there to get a stinger or something, somehow 'Nova gas' can't be just a coincedence...

It is also featured in the Spec Ops modes on that map.

Anyone else notice this?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Failward? You mean the company that invented Call of Duty in the first place. F*** off and go play Halo. Go whine to their community about one game's shitty multiplayer mode ruining the series.

They didnt invent call of duty! Treyarch made the first 3 games in the COD series but I agree that they are not failward cod 4 was good but mw2 was fail.

Failward? You mean the company that invented Call of Duty in the first place. F*** off and go play Halo. Go whine to their community about one game's shitty multiplayer mode ruining the series.

They didnt invent call of duty! Treyarch made the first 3 games in the COD series but I agree that they are not failward cod 4 was good but mw2 was fail.

I'm pretty sure the only games that Treyarch has made are 3,5, and Black ops of course.

I'm pretty sure the only games that Treyarch has made are 3,5, and Black ops of course.

Codestuffz's right, dude. No offense, I love Treyarch and all, but when you said they invented CoD I went cross-eyed and bled out my nose a little.

Ok to end all of this bickering;

#1. Infinity Ward does indeed fail... can you say, "Respawn entertainment?" pwnt ftw.

#2. COD4:MW was the only decent COD game failward has under their belt. (records for MW2 dont mean gameplay isn't horrible... keep that in mind before you jump the gun with "MW2 was amazing! they are in the world records book!" i bet you right next to their "record breaking sales" is the guy for worlds biggest turd... (cross reference ;))

#3. Treyarch isnt "copying" MW2, they are simply using the same engine (IW engine) with enhancements that the failward team didn't seem to care about.

#4. this topic has nothing to do with IW vs Treyarch. If your going to bitch about "iw this, iw that, treyarch this, treyarch that" get a hobby and get off of here.

Back on topic:

It couldn't have been intentional being that IW and Treyarch each have their own thing goin on in development and i see them as "competitors" in the COD series in which they wouldnt want to give "tips/hints" into what they are doing with their next COD title...

Treyarch also Co-Developed "Call of Duty 2: Big Red One"

#1. Infinity Ward does indeed fail... can you say, "Respawn entertainment?" pwnt ftw.

#2. COD4:MW was the only decent COD game failward has under their belt. (records for MW2 dont mean gameplay isn't horrible... keep that in mind before you jump the gun with "MW2 was amazing! they are in the world records book!" i bet you right next to their "record breaking sales" is the guy for worlds biggest turd... (cross reference ;))

#3. Treyarch isnt "copying" MW2, they are simply using the same engine (IW engine) with enhancements that the failward team didn't seem to care about.

#4. this topic has nothing to do with IW vs Treyarch. If your going to bitch about "iw this, iw that, treyarch this, treyarch that" get a hobby and get off of here.

Back on topic:

It couldn't have been intentional being that IW and Treyarch each have their own thing goin on in development and i see them as "competitors" in the COD series in which they wouldnt want to give "tips/hints" into what they are doing with their next COD title...

They are using an enhanced W@W engine NUB.

Back on topic:

W@W and CoD4 used the SAME Engine. MW2 and Black ops are BOTH using an Updated CoD4 Engine.

You're all being idiots, as sure MW2 sucks, but what about CoD4? CoD2? Weren't those great games? And if not for Call of Duty (The original), we might not be waiting impatiently for Black Ops!

On-Topic : Probably just coincidence, I see no actual link whatsoever.

This could just be a coincedence but in the mission: 'Wolverines!' There is a Gas station with a company name: Nova, and Sgt. Foley tells you to go in there to get a stinger or something, somehow 'Nova gas' can't be just a coincedence...

It is also featured in the Spec Ops modes on that map.

Anyone else notice this?

No, no, it is a coincidence.

Nova Gas has nothing to do with GKNova6.

People need to stop trying to make connections with Zombies and MW1 & 2.

Back on topic:

W@W and CoD4 used the SAME Engine. MW2 and Black ops are BOTH using an Updated CoD4 Engine.

You're all being idiots, as sure MW2 sucks, but what about CoD4? CoD2? Weren't those great games? And if not for Call of Duty (The original), we might not be waiting impatiently for Black Ops!

On-Topic : Probably just coincidence, I see no actual link whatsoever.

you do realize that... cod4, waw, and black ops both use something called the IW "3.0" while MW2 used a total revamp of it known as IW "4.0". Black Ops and MW2 do, in fact, not use the same engine. Black Ops is like an "alternate reality" (i.e. mw2 made a new engine and bo updated the old)

It just seems that just because MW2 has shit multiplayer every idiot has to come out of the woodwork and complain that IW ruined the franchise. Y'all are exactly the same as the people who either thought W@W was going to suck just because it was Treyarch making it.

Without "Failward" there would be no Treyarch, retards. Show some respect or GTFO OF COD FORUMS.

Ok first off guys, stop flaming. You're completely off topic. Although I pretty much feel the same way about MW2 being a PC only gamer I feel screwed over more than any of you console players.

Second. Treyarch DID NOT create the first three Call of Duty's. Infinity Ward created the first COD after having broke off from the Medal of Honour: Allied Assault team. The very first Treyarch made COD game was a rubbish XBOX1, PS2, Gamecube COD2 spin-off game, COD2: Big Red One.

Their first semi-successful full COD game was COD3 (I could go on to bag them for only bringing that to console and not PC but I shan't :evil: ).

Up until MW2 IW, IMHO, have made a superior game (we had zombie mods for COD2 and COD4 way before Treyarch came with their W@W zombie mode, although Treyarch is just a more polished off version, so don't go thinking I don't love it :P ). With IW's internal troubles during MW2 (nearly half the sodding team leaving :shock: !) it's no wonder MW2 turned out to be such a mess. That's just me speculating of course.

Have a look through this and the other parts following on talking all about Call of Duty's history. So please, anybody saying anything that is completely untrue, stop talking and because it's frustrating to read so many comments that are false.

:mrgreen: Well after my little off-topic rant (hypocrite much? :facepalm: ) to comment on the subject on hand. Hard to say whether it is by coincidence or it was intentional. But there's isn't a whole lot in MW2's campaign that have really any cookies to suggest hints at BO's or any up coming Treyarch title (at the time). But very highly doubt an IW title would have anything to do with a Treyarch title.

Why do you all jump at the use of a word with multiple meanings?

That's like a game having an endorsing website named "cats"...

Would you gasp and say "a connection!" every time you watched a VET ad, or saw your pets?

.... NO

Did you know that the word Nova has been used ALOT of times for BO-unrelated projects/things??

Nova = Process of material deposition from a star

Nova = Star surface Nuclear explosion (Super Nova, etc)

Nova = A proposed particle physics experiment

Nova = casual name for Northern Virginia (No-V-A, etc)

Nova = Popular science television show

Nova = Inertial confinement fusion laser

Nova = Group of Australia radio stations (Nova100, etc)

Nova = Late Night 'A current affairs' program

Nova = Very early concept diagrams of satellites (Saturn 1, 5, etc)

Nova = A science fiction novel written by Samuel Delany

Nova = A character from 'Planet of the Apes'

Nova = Marvel Comics super hero (Richard Rider)

Nova = Name of a dutch, electronic music band

So you see, The use of the word Nova is entirely coincidental, there is no link.

Unless ofcourse that you are dimwitted enough to suggest that Zombies are caused by a inter-space launching

of apes from Northern Virginia (who had their own TV show and composed several books) into a White dwarf

that is currently undergoing a super Nova, and than exposed to horrible dutch music....

..... :facepalm: