Model 1887s Return! (SP only)

GrizzBeardKing

I assume we all remember the infamous Model 1887 shotguns from MW2, correct? ;)

Well, in the new SP trailer that was posted earlier tonight, a very quick shot is shown a man on a motorcycle pursuit, and the man whose eyes you are seeing this through is holding a single Model (The scene is also very reminiscent of the motorcycle chase in Terminator 2, just BTW (anyone?)). Here are two shots I managed to grab:

As you can see, the first picture just shows the one 1887 almost exactly identical to the Models in MW2. The second depicts the same badass flip-cocking that we saw with the Models (Akimbo'd) in MW2

Now, as to whether or not they are the fourth and classified/unrevealed shotgun in MP I do not know; the same goes for whether or not you may dual-wield them. I personally think that, at least in MP, they should keep it to one model only *Prays to god*, akimbo shotguns are just a little ridiculous. However, I thought this was pretty cool, and the trailer was definitely badass. Feel free to discuss!

EDIT: The Models will Not be in multiplayer, they are SP exclusive -

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=284998&p=3433758&sid=tc48qisht3vg8b48dqb7bu8qe7#p3433758

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume we all remember the infamous Model 1887 shotguns from MW2. Well, in the new SP trailer that was posted earlier tonight, a very quick shot is shown with two men on a motorcycle pursuit, with the man whose eyes you are seeing this through is holding a single Model (The scene is also very reminiscent of the motorcycle chase in Terminator 2, just BTW (anyone?)). Here are some shots I managed to grab:

As you can see, the first picture just shows the one 1887 almost exactly identical to the Models in MW2. The second depicts the same way you would cock it when using the models akimbo.

Now, as to whether or not they are the classified shotgun in MP I do not know; the same goes for whether or not you may dual-wield them. However, I thought this was pretty cool, and the trailer was definitely badass. Feel free to discuss!

yha the trailer was pretty badass but i dont like the idea of the models they look exactly like the ones off of mw2 they should of at least changed the coller or the way you rel lode them. still liked the trailer.

Sigh, why is everyone saying this will ruin Black Ops MP. Just think about these points

- Shotguns are now primaries, so less people will use them

- Treyarch could and most likely will balance them

- If they get coined over-powered they could balance them even more

- No akimbo

This isnt Infinity Ward making this game so they will change things according to what the community wants

I think it will be awesome if it is in MP

But why Carbon? Did you not see my points above. The model 1887 is awesome and Treyarch made the shotguns weaker in Black Ops

Why? because they are in MW2, I don't want to see that shitty controversial gun tainting the Black Ops MP, regardless of it's performance.

I smell a classified shotty :shock:

I would be sad. :(

But why Carbon? Did you not see my points above. The model 1887 is awesome and Treyarch made the shotguns weaker in Black Ops

Why? because they are in MW2, I don't want to see that shitty controversial gun tainting the Black Ops MP, regardless of it's performance.

I like your avatar edit, it is very true. lol

I like your avatar edit, it is very true. lol

I tend to edit the image when new things emerge that you dislike and/or are scared of.

haha Grix, never knew that avatar of yours was carbon. Nice face carbon :D . What where you actually scared of?

Lol! I didn't know that either. Good question. Hope he answers...

But, yeah. I agree with Johnson. Just because it is the same gun that modern warfare 2 had doesn't mean it would be like mw2's version of it. I have faith in Treyarch that they would balance it well.

the 1887 would actually be the 6th shotgun:

spas

ithaca stakeout

ks-23

olympia

hs-10

i actually don't mind the 1887 (notice how i'm not making it plural) being in mp, mainly because Treyarch can learn from iw's fail. No akimbo, although fmj has a perk equivalent now.

what i want to know if there will be DRAGONSBREATH 1887?!?!?!?

ps. 1 other detail i noticed. the 1887 in mw2 used blue shotgun shells, and so does this one, as you can see the blue shell floating over the handlebars.

IT'S ALSO FUNNY HOW PEOPLE ARE FOCUSING ON THE GUN, AND NOT THE F****** MOTORCYCLE CHASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not bothered by Treyarch including the 1887, as long as they get it RIGHT. If they literally rip the overpowered version from MW2, I'll be really pissed.

But if they manage to balance it, I'll be happier. Plus, less people will use it, now that shotguns are primary weapons again.

As long as Treyarch don't include Akimbo for shotguns. For anything else, I don't mind (except maybe for SMG's...), but Akimbo shotguns is a stupid idea. It's hard enough to keep one shotgun under control in real life, but TWO?! And people say WaW was bloody unrealistic.

The classified weapon is the H-10 or something like that. Wich is a shotgun made to be used with 1 hand.

HS-10. hs stands for "High Standard" which is the company that makes the model 10 bullpup shotgun.

high standard made a silenced pistol for SOG in real life, so that may be how treyarch heard of the company.