Dead Ops: Cosmic Silverbacks theory

idk if any other people heard this but about the time that Modern Warefare 2 was about to come out, people were talking about the posiblility of a nazi zombies-like game mode about aliens was going to be included. now we all know that didnt happen but what i think is that this new dead ops/cosmic silverback thing is treyarch listening to the people and adding some sort of alien based game mode to COD:BO. Please post opions.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk what you mean when you say the people, because the people I've been following want ZOMBIES not aliens!!! The ones that want aliens are playing Halo. The only reason people were coming up with alien theories is because of the Area 51 references in the easter eggs, which actually refer to element 115 which is what caused zombies and can only be found outer space, thus Area 51.

I know i have posted this before but i will again.

This is what i think Dead Ops is. The achievement says:

“Insert Coin” - Access the terminal and battle the forces of the Cosmic Silverback in Dead Ops Arcade

IMO, there is a level with a terminal (like a computer) in it. In that computer, there is a arcade game called "Dead Ops" (more backed up with the "insert coin" trophy title). You have to battle the forces of the Cosmic Silverback in the game.

Here is another related achievement:

Easy Rhino - In Dead Ops Arcade, use a Speed Boost to blast through 20 or more enemies at one time

Now, what i think is that you are in some sort of space ship (because the word cosmic usually relates to space), maybe you have to press and hold L1 or Left Bumper to perform a short boost. This is only speculation

Another reason for me to believe this has nothing to do with zombies is that why the hell would there be some random arcade game available to play while you a raping zombies?

You make some intresting points Johnson ...

But isn't dead ops one of 3 co-op modes?

Zombies

Combat training

Dead ops?

So why would the "co-op" team develop a mode that is accessible through campaign?

I understand your logic... But can't see that they would develop a new mode for it to be a mini game ...

I think it will be a zombie style game but no zombies.. Alien like creatures or something!

I would love for it to be a co-op zombie campaign ... But doubt it!

My best guess is that there is

combat training

zombie mode

dead ops

all separate from each other and the campaign

theyve stressed that the 3 co op modes will be unique and not like spec ops

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/06/ ... -op-modes/

and its been confirmed via twitter that there are definitely 3 co op modes

but combat training is a online feature so i dont think that is a co-op mode.

My theory is that "Cosmic Silverback" is just a name for an arcade game randomly off to the side during campaign. My best guess would be something along the lines of the original Donkey Kong arcade cabinet. Donkey Kong is called the Cosmic Silverback and you are just playing like it is the original Donkey Kong.

The speed boost trophy/achievement is another random game you can play in some Vietnamese arcade.

Those are my guesses.

My best guess is that there is

combat training

zombie mode

dead ops

all separate from each other and the campaign

theyve stressed that the 3 co op modes will be unique and not like spec ops

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/06/ ... -op-modes/

and its been confirmed via twitter that there are definitely 3 co op modes

but combat training is a online feature so i dont think that is a co-op mode.

i was also thinking that because they stressed that they were only showing multiplayer modes at the multiplayer reveal but went on to call the combat training a co op mode. If not then we have a complete mystery as to the third one

We could be way of course! What if, like...

Dead ops could be like activisions museum (sp?) level but there could be multiple computers/terminals/games you could chose from. kinda like an arcade?

just a theory

Game Completed, Then at the mission select

Dead Ops, it is the arcade, and inside there is a few games, Say arcade versions of campaign missions, like Halo's Scoring mode

Some 8Bit, Games

Could Just imagine it now! haha

So to me when I looked through the achievements. The fist one that caught my eye was "I hate monkeys" -Kill 7 monkeys in under 10 seconds in the Rebirth labs. So when I read about "cosmic silverback" in dead ops mode I thought that of a silverback gorilla. I think this is some kind of tie in with zombies because one, it's called the "rebirth lab" and two, its called dead ops(zombies are kinda dead). So idk if you agree but thats what clicked in my head when I first read it.

Allow me to use some math and logic to explain my theory...

What is a silverback? A gorilla. What is in arcade game? A low graphic game that you use quarters to activate. Now what happens when you combine silverbacks and arcade games? You get DONKEY KONG. Add cosmic to the equation, its DONKEY KONG IN SPACE. There you go thats what dead ops is.