Why Modern Warfail?

I got Modern Warfare 2 the day it came out and still enjoy playing it as much as I did then. I was just wondering why everybody thought Modern Warfare 2 was "Broken" or a fail. The only thing i prefer on CoD4 is the guns and the maps. Everything else on MW2 is better in my opinion. Just wanted to know why everyone (Which it seems to be) thinks MW2 is such a big flop? :?:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

becouse there is so much things in it that makes you pissed off heres some things

Commando: its fucking annoying when some1 launches 10 fuckin meters and knifes you!

Danger close: Like the original noobtube wasnt disgusting enough they made a perk that would make even more disgusting!

Glitches: they made map packs instead of patches!!!

spawning: the spawn system is fucked up in almost every playlist.

boosters: well you know what i mean.

Bad maps: what about derail, scrapyard and wtf did they think when they made rust?

camping: yeah it's in every game but it can still be prevented.

Community: infinity ward didnt listen to the community so much when they made the game.

Im sure I can come up with more but I am too tired to write more.

And sorry for all the "fuck"s XD

Commando- Yeah. Ok

Danger Close- Good on everything else. Specially Chopper Gunner

Most glitches are brilliant. Depends which ones

I don't see any problem with the spawning system. Your placed out of the way. And if there's an enemy there, then it usually doesn't spawn you there.

Boosters- You get them in every FPS.

Maps-What about Wetwork, China Town, Countdown, Bloc? And the good ones? Favela, Rundown, Invasion, Karachi, Highrise, Terminal.

Camping- Don't know why but really big in MW2? Hmmm

They listened to some things. They tried to make a non campy map. It didn't work, but they did it.

I think everybody really focuses on the negative side of the game. They don't take notice of the really good bits. Really pisses me off. It's a fantastic game. Just play and enjoy, don't moan and grumble.

Modern Warfare 2 is a fun game. But it's very frustrating the amount of rubbish you run into in a single day on the game. Commando tactical knifing, Grenade Launchers, RPGs, Boosters, Hackers, Quickscopers, etc. It's all become a huge part of the "Name of the Game" fad-- people know the game's name due to these features --and as such has equated to a new name for the game. That's why it is called Modern Warfail 2. :)

1. Really Unbalanced Weapons

2. Commando

3. OP n00btubes

4. Heartbeat Sensors

5. Glitchy Maps

6. Biggest Camping Game Ever Created

7. Spec Ops Mode

8. One Man Army

9. Gay Spawns (Half The Time i spawn with an enemy standing behind me)

10. Rust, Derail.

11. Recycled Map Packs at high prices

12. IW didn't listen to the community..

Some of the many EPIC fails in Modern Warfail 2.

its mostly the community. in cod4 and W@W there was one homogeneous group of gamers who played fairly and it was fun for everybody, while there was a few noobs that didn't mess up the game because they couldn't do anything that was annoying, and they were not successful if they tried (except for mp40 jugg, but that wasnt a big deal if you use the ppsh). It was, in all aspects, the closest to perfection a game has been since the ocarina of time. in MW2, almost everything in the game had been made to cater to the casual audience, which was a great marketing technique, but they forgot about their biggest fans, the hardcore audience. so in MW2, there were then 3 new factions created, each with their own level of maturity. The hardcore fans split into two separate groups. the more mature ones split up and became the tactical players. these people are too often labeled as campers, because they will hold a strategic position to get kills as long as possible. they won't do anything overly cheap, but they will use nearly any tactic so long as it is effective. i am one of these. then there are the 'pros', the least mature group. these people were the ones who hated noobs the most in cod4 and W@W, so now that MW2 has so many noobs, they feel that they need to prove themselves to be good players by handicaping themselves and encouraging others to do so. for example, quickscopers who are less efficient with a sniper rifle, yet they scream like bitches whenever someone doesnt quickscope. they also like to knife, and bragg about how many nukes they can get. yeah, these guys piss me off. then the last group are the noobs who like to noob toob and do things similar, and they are of middle maturity and dont understand how much they piss people off.

my advice to fellow tactical players, MW2 will freaking rock when black ops comes out, because all the noobs and 'pros' will go play black ops, so we can get some actual fun out of MW2.

[brains]

its mostly the community. in cod4 and W@W there was one homogeneous group of gamers who played fairly and it was fun for everybody, while there was a few noobs that didn't mess up the game because they couldn't do anything that was annoying, and they were not successful if they tried (except for mp40 jugg, but that wasnt a big deal if you use the ppsh). It was, in all aspects, the closest to perfection a game has been since the ocarina of time. in MW2, almost everything in the game had been made to cater to the casual audience, which was a great marketing technique, but they forgot about their biggest fans, the hardcore audience. so in MW2, there were then 3 new factions created, each with their own level of maturity. The hardcore fans split into two separate groups. the more mature ones split up and became the tactical players. these people are too often labeled as campers, because they will hold a strategic position to get kills as long as possible. they won't do anything overly cheap, but they will use nearly any tactic so long as it is effective. i am one of these. then there are the 'pros', the least mature group. these people were the ones who hated noobs the most in cod4 and W@W, so now that MW2 has so many noobs, they feel that they need to prove themselves to be good players by handicaping themselves and encouraging others to do so. for example, quickscopers who are less efficient with a sniper rifle, yet they scream like bitches whenever someone doesnt quickscope. they also like to knife, and bragg about how many nukes they can get. yeah, these guys piss me off. then the last group are the noobs who like to noob toob and do things similar, and they are of middle maturity and dont understand how much they piss people off.

my advice to fellow tactical players, MW2 will freaking rock when black ops comes out, because all the noobs and 'pros' will go play black ops, so we can get some actual fun out of MW2.

[brains]

you never know the noobs may get upset that u need skill to play Black Ops and return to MW2

or

they will stay and gain skill with combat training

Modern Warfare 2 is a fun game. But it's very frustrating the amount of rubbish you run into in a single day on the game. Commando tactical knifing, Grenade Launchers, RPGs, Boosters, Hackers, Quickscopers, etc. It's all become a huge part of the "Name of the Game" fad-- people know the game's name due to these features --and as such has equated to a new name for the game. That's why it is called Modern Warfail 2. :)

yeah, every time i try to get a kill streak i get shot or noob toobed from behind...whats even more frustrating is that the person that killed me has almost always respawned behind me when this happens...thats the horrible spawn system for ya...and i cant even go a game without finding at least one person who uses OMA and Noob Tubes/RPGs...cant somebody try to get a nuke in peace without worrying about cheap tactics? the farthest ive gotten is the predator missile because i usually get killed before the i get the chopper gunner

I dont reckon it is 'broken' or anything. I agree, it is a very fun game, and it probably will be until black ops comes out then i will never go back. Well, for some reason, i know some of you will take offense to this but Americans use cheaper things to kill way more often.

For example. In Australia, where i live, you occasionally get danger close noobtuber. I dont think i have ever seen OMA and danger close noobtube RPG'r. I very rarely see commando knifers. I have only ever seen 1 booster, which was my mate (whom i got very pissed at, but its all good now). The only bad things are stupid spawns sometimes and campers sometimes

Now, i played search and destroy with Triixster, and he lives in USA. In the game lobby, 6/10 people had the spinning tenth prestige emblem. In Aus, i have seen that about 3 times. I reported them all and they got banned. Anyway, while playing search and destroy, there were knivers, campers, OMA tubers and all of that.

What i am trying to get to is that i rarely see what some people complain about, so this is still a very fun game for me. Wow, that was a big one...

I dont reckon it is 'broken' or anything. I agree, it is a very fun game, and it probably will be until black ops comes out then i will never go back. Well, for some reason, i know some of you will take offense to this but Americans use cheaper things to kill way more often.

For example. In Australia, where i live, you occasionally get danger close noobtuber. I dont think i have ever seen OMA and danger close noobtube RPG'r. I very rarely see commando knifers. I have only ever seen 1 booster, which was my mate (whom i got very pissed at, but its all good now). The only bad things are stupid spawns sometimes and campers sometimes

Now, i played search and destroy with Triixster, and he lives in USA. In the game lobby, 6/10 people had the spinning tenth prestige emblem. In Aus, i have seen that about 3 times. I reported them all and they got banned. Anyway, while playing search and destroy, there were knivers, campers, OMA tubers and all of that.

What i am trying to get to is that i rarely see what some people complain about, so this is still a very fun game for me. Wow, that was a big one...

yep, over here in the USA, i see the spinning emblem so much, i get hacked lobbies with SoH hacks, Steady aim hacks, and i even had 3 that had 2 or 1 people that were literally invincible, they would stand there and show off by letting you knife them, with no effect, and then just shoot you once in head to kill you. and then i've had 2 games where i joined and i was "unverified" and the dude who hacked it had ac130 gun, or whatever, and just got six kills every round, when someone quit, he added a bot in there. it said "bot 0" then there was a "bot 1" after another guy quit, he goes through 3 rounds getting 17 kills (left one bot standing) so we had to wait for the round to end so he could get his crappy nuke in search cause he is so cool like that...

with booster's, within the last like 6 months i've only seen 2 booster's, and i've been getting into FFA a lot more now, i almost play it more than search, i've not really had many problems with boosters, except for the first couple of months that the game came out.

commando knifers on the other hand are a whole new story. i get surprised when i join 2 games in a row that actually don't have commando knifers....that is sadly the biggest thing i see in MW2 now, because it is so overpowered.

I honestly think people focus mainly on the bits when they go

"Aw Damn! Got knifed from 3 foot away"

or,

" Everythings so unbalanced. I can't even walk without getting Nuked! Friggin rediculous"

Just enjoy the experience of playing what may be one of the best FPS in history. Try to remember your 360 throwing knife across Rundown final killcam in search and destroy, not the guy camping in the back of the plane with the RPD. And another thing... Why does everyone at my school think i'm childish for playing CoD? It's an 18 rated game and they treat it as if it's 7+??? Confuddled here...

I think we have more of that crap here in the US because we have more people that play it. Also the average maturity level of kids in the United States is a lot lower than in Aus.,for some reason the kids here feel they have to be cheap to get kills, they all want to be "1337". If they would just play the game legit it would be more fun for everybody. But all the spoiled little assholes who get their parents to buy them Jtags, or modded controllershave to ruin it. Throughout my experience I haven't really played against a lot of ppl. from Aus. but the ones I have played against seem pretty straight like you said.

Now I think there are quite a few things broken with the game, most of which have been listed already.

They hate it because it is popular to hate. Add to that the fact that this is a zombie-centric forum and will therefore carry one of the highest concentrations of Treyarch fanboys, and you will find a ton of people who think it is the worst game ever. Not to mention that gamers are the most hyper-critical group of people in the world.

Really, Infinity Ward did a GREAT job with MW2. And like every game, it has its problems. But when you end up with such a large user base, you end up with a huge number of people who do nothing but exploit those few problems in the game. That, in turn, causes more people to turn to those exploits because they think it is the only way to beat the original exploiters. You end up with a very small fraction of the community who tries to play regularly, and an even smaller fraction who aren't so bothered by it.

If Black Ops follows the current CoD trend and outsells its predecessor, you'll find your way into the same situation. Head over to a board that is Modern Warfare 2 focused, and you will find just as much hate for W@W and Black Ops. Be ready for everyone to be screaming about the R/C Car, the one-hit kills from the dog killstreak, and the ballistic knife.