"No More Hardened Edition Preorders"...**for Xbox 360**

OG RaptorJesus

Hi CODz community,

First post from a far-from-first-time-member. Been browsing the site since zombies came out, I used to be JezusSaurusRex on here but I guess my account isn't active on the CODz forum anymore.

I just got back from sitting in rush hour traffic for an hour to hear a GameStop employee say, "We aren't taking anymore hardened edition preorders," followed by the other employee working saying, "And neither are any other GameStops." Right then my heart sank...

I'd been waiting it out to preorder and somehow I wait until the day zombies gets announced. Yet, its still almost a month and a half before the release date. The employees suggested I buy the prestige edition and "just sell the toy car". I'll be made a fool of much more intuitively than to purchase a single game title with a bunch of other useless plastic items for $150. I believe I speak for this community when I say; the maps should be f***ing FREE. We already paid 800MS points per map and now we're paying for them again? I mean I'm a sucker for marketing, but this is just getting ridiculous. The previous game cost was over $100 with the three map packs and now its [was] a [$80 or] $140 buy-in? It seems rather far-fetched that a company that develops videogames would skip out on a chance to make another x$/customer on a multi-million consumer market. But since they've already announced their plans to empty our wallets, I decided to preorder the regular game. I almost walked out without making any preorder at all, but that would have just delayed the amount of time before I could play the game.

It seems like--with their commenting on planning to do DLC--the maps will come out later for those of us that only have the option of picking the regular or prestige edition. With Treyarch's creativity and ability to keep secrets for the benifit of surprises, they could be intentionally not mentioning that the maps will become DLC as a marketing ploy (to sell more hardened/prestige editions). In addition, I feel they may not announce the four maps at all for DLC until they make the release successfully and do not effect the quality of their sales.

All I can say is that I really hope Treyarch stays on-target and does it right. Thus far I feel they've done that, exactly. Should be everything MW2 tried to be and more!

Cheers,

OG RJ

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CODz community,

First post from a far-from-first-time-member. Been browsing the site since zombies came out, I used to be JezusSaurusRex on here but I guess my account isn't active on the CODz forum anymore.

I just got back from sitting in rush hour traffic for an hour to hear a GameStop employee say, "We aren't taking anymore hardened edition preorders," followed by the other employee working saying, "And neither are any other GameStops." Right then my heart sank...

I'd been waiting it out to preorder and somehow I wait until the day zombies gets announced. Yet, its still almost a month and a half before the release date. The employees suggested I buy the prestige edition and "just sell the toy car". I'll be made a fool of much more intuitively than to purchase a single game title with a bunch of other useless plastic items for $150. I believe I speak for this community when I say; the maps should be fucking FREE. We already paid 800MS points per map and now we're paying for them again? I mean I'm a sucker for marketing, but this is just getting ridiculous. The previous game cost was over $100 with the three map packs and now its [was] a [$80 or] $140 buy-in? It seems rather far-fetched that a company that develops videogames would skip out on a chance to make another x$/customer on a multi-million consumer market. But since they've already announced their plans to empty our wallets, I decided to preorder the regular game. I almost walked out without making any preorder at all, but that would have just delayed the amount of time before I could play the game.

It seems like--with their commenting on planning to do DLC--the maps will come out later for those of us that only have the option of picking the regular or prestige edition. With Treyarch's creativity and ability to keep secrets for the benifit of surprises, they could be intentionally not mentioning that the maps will become DLC as a marketing ploy (to sell more hardened/prestige editions). In addition, I feel they may not announce the four maps at all for DLC until they make the release successfully and do not effect the quality of their sales.

All I can say is that I really hope Treyarch stays on-target and does it right. Thus far I feel they've done that, exactly. Should be everything MW2 tried to be and more!

Cheers,

OG RJ

you can still get it in GAME, and gamestation in the uk :P

ive already pre ordered so it doesnt efectme, ifact i think i probally one of the cause

you can still get it in GAME, and gamestation in the uk :P

did you check bestbuy?

Great help and suggestions, but at this point I've already preordered at the closest store.

@WarEnder - Seems that way, or maybe I'm too hopeful. Plus, they might as well be reading all the CODz posts to their advantage.

@Robash - Thanks, will do!

@880cloud088 - I felt the same way, it was like I didn't know how to react. It'd be great to be a PS3 user at this particular moment...only major downside of downloading the maps later is that I only have 700mb free on my HDD, with the first two map packs deleted. The only positive aspect I can see is that I will focus on playing the campaign without being too tempted by both zombies and online.

-OG RJ

Oh I forgot to put seomthing else the guy said. He said to come in like the next day. He said that most of the time people come in and say "sorry not enough $$$" and dont buy it and lose their 10$. So basicly you can come in and buy their copy. Also I read you are worried that if you get it by DLC you will lose the last of ur memory. Well ur out of luck there. The zombie maps dont come in the disk. You just get a code that you can redeem to get the 4 old ones. So either way you have to download them

Look on the bright side, the people with the old maps will be limited in amount. You can gaurantee that most of those who do purchase the hardened and prestige will be playing the new map/ maps anyway, even if they actualy update the gameplay of older maps.

Activision or Treyarch would not limit themselves to not making the old maps availible as DLC for the masses, considering they are allready in DLC format and do not reside on the disk.

I am tempted to pre-order the hardened just to have a peep at the old maps, but then I might be able to get the standard edition from the supermarket for under £30...might flip a coin for that choice.

Either way I dont think you are losing out on anything.

Back when halo 3 came out it was a huge deal, prob just as big as black ops and i never pre ordered so i couldnt get it at game stop but as i was leaving gamestop i checked around at other stores, there was a walmart a mile down the road and they were having a midnight release and there were all of 10 people there including my friend and i, we got our games drove back to gamestop to see the half mile long line out the door. Ill b doing the same come november 9th...or 8th midnight release all the way

I said two weeks because I remember seeing some time delay on the website (might have been two days/48 hours).

I might just have to pick up the phone and call gamestop...are preorder downpayments non-refundable? The receipt only mentions returns.

@ianoodin - It may not be their job to personally distribute the games, but they control virtually everything else.

Glad to hear I'm not missing out on much.

OG RJ