Black Ops In-house Beta

m12

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this just means that the game is now on the disc. If there are any kinks they could just be let out a patch.

There replaced all of the map names, game modes, and campaign missions (And possibly Zombie map names :D) with these codes so people wouldn't know all the map names when these employees get caught playing it. Like what happened with MW2, once all the devs played on their accounts all the names of the maps got leaked. Hopefully one of them will be stupid enough to play zombie, and hopefully they were stupid enough to not replace the name of zombies.

This also means that people will should shortly be getting there hands on the game and giving us tons of leaked footage :D

Well I have seen 7 or 8 people on my friends list playing this (Treyarch employees)

Here are some that I have seen. I have also seen "At The Main Menu" as well as "Pre-Game Lobby"

Now I think they want us to know, otherwise they would all appear offline. Anyway my guess is that they are masking it so people don't completely freak out, especially with all those idiots trying to sell people fake beta codes and crap. Anyway, whatever it is, just thought I would share my thoughts as this has been going on for a few days now. At first I didn't think much of it, but I suppose it is something.

sparenoonecosmo.jpg

sparenoonedig.jpg

goldgundig.jpg

racemountain.jpg

goldgunmountain.jpg

I personally think that this may actually be a beta. If the game was gold, then we would see an achievement list and possibly an announcement. Games normally go gold 1 month before release, and we are indeed close to CoD:BO only being a month away, but I think this is far too early, regardless of how much time they need to make/ship the discs. No-one can be certain if this will be public, but they do have PartnerNet/DevKits for beta testing, so why do this on XBL? This is why I think that we are intended to see this, as some sort of teaser, beta or not.

This is just the devs testing the online, nothing more...

There is no BETA.

My thoughts exactly, if we get anything from this, it should be that this means they are one step closer. Also I think it is too early for a beta, I think WaW came out in October, it is still too early and they haven't even announced co-op yet.

I am just happy to see they are successfully playing on Xbox live.