NEW Forum Background

carbonfibah

Over time I found it a bit distracting when reading the forums and viewing pictures with the Der Riese image in the back.

So I wanted to try something new. Smoke seems like a common Black Ops theme, so I decided to make some smoke backgrounds for the forum. Technically they are "clouds" from paint.net but they look kinda cool haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to hear your opinions. I will be keeping it like this for a little while to see how I like it as well as the rest of you all.

So post in here what you think, or suggestions, or even a better smoke haha.

If you don't see it, try clearing your cookies.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah like the idea of the smoke in the back ground.. Defently better than the map pack3 picture sticking out the side!

Doesn't quite work whilst browsing on my phone.. Only top 50% has the brackground... Which is stationary , But that's no biggy!

Think a more colour schemed style of smoke would be better.. and certainly will allow for all text and images to be viewed

THANK GOD! that you finally changed that background. Its the first thing i noticed that annoyed me to no end when i first encountered your site.

Btw that "smoke" you call are rendered clouds in adobe photoshop. I know them too well hehe.

I think there is too much white in those clouds. Carbon, if you want i could have a go at trying to create something fitting for you? I know photoshop well and if you can give me some sort of specification, a simple one, if i have time ill have a go at it if other work doesnt clash or if i have some free time.

Let me know ;)

Well i see the background is gone...if you guys want to use the red one, here's a link: http://oi55.tinypic.com/2a8m2c4.jpg

Just change the CSS to this:

body {
/* Text-Sizing with ems: http://www.clagnut.com/blog/348/ */
font-family: Verdana, "Trebuchet MS", "Lucida Grande", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
color: #FEFEFE;
background: #000000 url('styles/CoDz_theme/theme/images/bg/background.jpg') repeat-x;
background-attachment: fixed;
font-size: 62.5%; /* This sets the default font size to be equivalent to 10px */
margin: 0px 10px 0px 10px;
}

Download that pic and upload it as background.jpg to that folder. You can get rid of the backgrounds for different screen reso's too, and the CSS entries.