Cage Match

joecapps1127

I honestly really miss the cage matches from CoD 4. I was the one kid who would join 15 different games until he found a non-boosting match. I know Treyarch won't put this in Black Ops because of boosting but in CoD 4 it was my favorite game mode.

I would like to know your opinion on the game mode in the poll above ^^^^

Also post your reason of why!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does keep boosters out of other gamemodes, but I think Treyarch would disable TI in Cage (if it returns) and make the highest kills 10 (like in COD4) instead of 20.

well TI doesnt really matter in cage match. and i dont think it matters how many kills to win. i personally think 15 would be a good number 10 is too short and 20 is too long. i just hope its back

Well, cage match was always an IW thing, and, histortically, Iw went for more "diffrent" game modes, while treyarch went for more traditional modes.

now, with wager matches, they broke that.

the good thing is, the way they set up their playlists is that they have alot of room to add things, the way IW did it was they had several slots, ans that was it. with enough feedback, they may add it, but it would lead to boosting and also floods to the report thing, with the new booster reporting system, having a cage match would simply ovverride it and flood it, making it useless

I honestly don't think Cage Match should ever return to CoD. It's been a huge issue boosting-wise since it was first included in CoD.

Exactly.

It hurts me to know that dev's can't rely on poeple that they won't abuse the system :(

I don't think the problem is with cage match. If anything, cage match gives boosters a way to boost without bothering people playing the other game types. When cagematch was removed from Mw2, I noticed an increase of boosters in mtdm and barebones.

I think the problem is with a reward system. Some people will try for these rewards by using the least amount of effort possible, which results in cheaters/boosters.

Think about it, if all we had was a barebones style game such as cod2 style where there are no rewards, no unlockables, no xps, no codpoints and no ranking, just gametypes which includes cage match, would people act like d-nozzles then? I think not. Throw in a system of rewards, then you get boosters/cheaters.

I think that as long as there is a system of rewards, there are going to be people who will abuse it no matter what gametypes there are.

At least when cage match was included, boosters would choose that more often because it was much easier and a lot less hassle.

So I say, include it, but as a twist, disable the earnings of codpoints(you get xp) and also to annoy the boosters a little, disable TIs, lulz.

edit: I am in no way condoning boosters, I am just thinking of way to keep them out of my games.