Black Ops General MP Information from Vahn

m12

Vahn has been very busy tweeting answers to questions about Black Ops MP. Here is all the information we have learned from this:

- The FAL is single shot and the base configuration is metal.

- CODPoints cannot be bought with real money or MS Points.

- Need 6 people to do a Wager match.

- There are 4 Snipers (I only know about the L96, the Dragunov and the WA2000, what is the 4th?)

- No Danger Close Pro type perks.

- You don't have to unlock everything with XP and Rank.

- Attack dogs kill in one bite.

- You can report boosters via their Playercard (Not Gamercard!), and then Treyarch will watch the report in Theater Mode.

- Earn CODPoints by leveling up, contract completion, and wager match earning.

- 12 different game modes, not including hardcore or barebones variations.

- RC car DOES have a time limit, it is currently set at 30 seconds, although this can be annulled in Private Match (Races!)

- You cannot dashboard from a Wager match, as you put the money in at the beginning.

- Lose all of your CODPoints when you Prestige, although Treyarch are considering giving extra starting CODPoints to Prestigers.

- There are not 5 levels of prestige. There may be more or less, no amount has been confirmed.

- Team Tactical is in Black Ops

- Join in progress is not disabled

- All gun customisations are specific to that weapon. e.g. You have to rebuy the Treyarch reticule for each gun.

- Scavenger doesn't refill grenade launchers.

- Grenade launchers are the most expensive attachment and cannot be used with Warlord.

- Flak jacket will save you from most grenade launcher attacks.

- 10 is not the max prestige.

- The vehicles in multiplayer are the killstreaks, there are no tanks, jeeps or motorcycles. However, this had "(in MP)" after it, so it might be confirmation of all three in Single Player.

- Have to level up to play hardcore, like in previous games in the series.

- Customisable private matches are classified. (Although, I remember something being mentioned about the RC-XD timer being set to unlimited in private matches, so as to allow races).

- Chopper gunner pilot cannot be killed.

- Lose all guns you buy when you prestige.

- Slight of Hand Pro does not work with snipers.

- Explosive crossbow is a one hit kill, even with Flak Jacket on.

- Ballistic knife lunge is the same distance as ordinary knife.

- Because your gun and first perk changes appearance, you can see what you look like in all faction in the create-a-class menu.

- "Many Bothans died to make sure we can still run at 60" 60fps confirmed.

- Splitscreen is available in the Low Limit wager matches.

- All purchased emlem images, backgrounds and layers stay when you prestige.

- Dashboarders will be punished.

- To buy classified guns, you will first have to buy all other guns in that class.

- Person on splitscreen has to sign in first, there is no join in session.

- Combat Training has free-for-all and Team Deathmatch.

- Morter strike killstreak hits three different locations one at a time, with a slight delay.

- Killstreaks stack.

- Objectives take priority over weapon pick-ups.

- Changing the difficulty in Combat training does not affect bot heath, but other variable, e.g. targeting time.

- PS3 confirmed to have split-screen online.

- Nearly all lobbies support party chat, Search and Destroy does not.

- 4 player offline, 2 online.

- Everything unlocked in offline.

- Cannot buy CoDPoints for cash.

- CoDPoints is about 10% of XP, not including contracts and eager matches.

- Can shoot down the Car Package chopper (SAM turret is the easiest way), but it still drops the crate.

- Begin on 0 CP

- Can get attack dogs and gunships in care packages, but the probability is low.

- Variable zoom has 3 levels.

- Have to buy pro perks.

- There will be a prison map.

I will try to keep this thread updated as Vahn answers more Tweets.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god u only lose. ur COD points!! so that means i can just buy all the stuff i want, then prestige and not lose all my weapons and stuff?

I think Prestiging will stay the same as on previous games. You will lose everything, and then have to re-buy it. However, Emblems might be kept, I am unsure.

thank god u only lose. ur COD points!! so that means i can just buy all the stuff i want, then prestige and not lose all my weapons and stuff?

I think Prestiging will stay the same as on previous games. You will lose everything, and then have to re-buy it. However, Emblems might be kept, I am unsure.

Im 100% sure you get to keep your emblems, because you create them! :]

Im 100% sure you get to keep your emblems, because you create them! :]

But you need to unlock the different parts first, which can either be done by using CODPoints or completing challenges, so some might have to be re-unlocked? Unless they keep it like MW2.

Will reporting be used for team-killers too? I mean I've gotten to tenth prestige lvl 70 in MW2 and there is nothing else to do other than prey on little kids with flashbangs.

People like you is why they put hardcore ricochet in mw2.

EDIT: If they do have regular hardcore i hope i can report team killers they piss me off.

I hope that last sniper is something like an r700, where its bolt action. The bolt takes forever to cycle and the smallest magazine capacity, but it doesn't get hitmarkers.

They should have the M96. It was in Battlefield Bad Company 2. it is a bolt action version of the M82A1 (50cal). It took ages between shots. and took a while to reload. So they should make it like that.

Oh and also, after getting 2 friendly kills you should be kicked, or sit out for a couple of rounds.

Will reporting be used for team-killers too? I mean I've gotten to tenth prestige lvl 70 in MW2 and there is nothing else to do other than prey on little kids with flashbangs.

Yea what the other guy said. You waste time by anoying people who still enjoy the game. If you are done don't play. Dont upset other people

I don't really TK. I'm just asking because everyone at one time accidentally TK's someone. Such as someone running into your semtex after you threw it, or popping out of no where into your line of fire.

Yea what the other guy said. You waste time by anoying people who still enjoy the game. If you are done don't play. Dont upset other people

I don't really TK. I'm just asking because everyone at one time accidentally TK's someone. Such as someone running into your semtex after you threw it, or popping out of no where into your line of fire.

Are you really this Boxxy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ASbyfaSR0

PS I understand but imagine being at Treyarch getting a video of someone purposely throwing flashes at teamates what would you do?

rc car had a time limit, yes!

no mention on what is in barebones? sadface

also, I clicked on that link that cloud put up and I immediately got a headache, anyone else get that? ... now I have to bug people here for an advil, sheesh

No man. They did talk about barbones.

There is Barebones TDM- No attatchments, no kill streaks,and no perks!

Then there is Barbones Classic-Kill Streaks are set to 3,5,7!

http://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/n ... lists-info

Check it out. It has all the modes. They are not finalized but I doubt any will be taken away.