Hardcore Ricochet

Zieghail

Hardcore Ricochet -

This is literally the Very First thing I took Issue with in modern warfare 2, before the game was even released. And I've noticed that this is a topic not heavily discussed here. I know a few of you play Hardcore, and I play Hardcore Search and Destroy Exclusively. . . on World at War. For one reason above all else: Hardcore Ricochet.

Hardcore Ricochet in modern warfare 2 completely ruins the very purpose of Call of Duty's Hardcore Mode. Which is to allow Friendly Fire. It is called Hardcore mode for a reason after all.

Its not called hardcore mode because there isn't any HUD, or because you have less health and it doesn't regenerate. Its called hardcore mode because their's a realistic possibility that you might accidentally shoot your own team mate.

It is completely ridiculous that I should die when I accidentally shoot my team mate. Or that I should die when my immature team mate jumps in front of my bullets because I'm doing better than he is. And I can't even count the times I've had morons jump on my grenade, on Purpose.

I don't know what infinity ward has againt a simple player-kick system. They didn't kick players in modern warfare, and in modern warfare 2 they made it so bullets magically bounce off of your team mates and you die.

But in World at War, Treyarch made one of the SIMPLEST Improvements. A Kick System. Three team kills and you get kicked, 2 team kills within the first 30 seconds of the round and your kicked. It worked wonders.

If someone team kills me I try to get them to do it just one more time so they get kicked and I can play the Rest of the match in peace. And 98% of the time they get kicked.

I even use to use Hardcore mode against the noob tubers, and score hackers, to get them kicked, but those things no longer plague World at War, just a few cheaters with modded controllers, and when they get mad that I team kill them, I tell them I refuse to play with cheaters. Eventually they get kicked, and I don't have to deal with it anymore.

So, I for one hope that Treyarch Does NOT Include Hardcore Ricochet. Regular hardcore mode makes the game so Much more intense. You have to be extra careful in a firefight because you just might hit a team mate. Or you can put a team mate in last stand out of their misery. It makes the Game exponetially more Strategic, and fun.

It's called Hardcore mode, if you don't want friendly fire: Don't play Hardcore Mode.

So vote and speak your mind. . . If you want too, It is a Free country after all. . .

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you even play hardcore in world at war? It should be called "Seach and destroy where everyone has two lives and can be revived so they could ultimately have an unlimited amount of lives." Great title i know. Second chance is ridiculous. Pistols are almost as good as rifles, so going into second chance is just like a second life, where you can get revived. Not to mention there are so many dang campers in hardcore. Hardcore would be a good way to escape all of the MP40 juggernoobs, if it wasn't for second chance.

Lol, that would be a great Title, And I would still play it.

Now The Real question is: How can you play hardcore in modern warfare 2?

It should be called "Hardcore Search and Destroy thats not very Hardcore at all because there isn't friendly fire and every round is over in 30 seconds."

And the game-type description should read

"Hardcore Ricochet Search and destroy: Where There isn't friendly fire because of cry babies, and the weapons are for monkeys so it takes no skill. Where everyone uses a riot shield or marathon/lightweight/commando, and thermal sights because people are too lazy to use their eyes. Where noob tubes are rampant because infinity ward likes them, and you can't turn the stupid in game music off so have to listen to it BLARING in your Ears. Where the maps are laid out horribly for search and destroy with the attackers spawning closer to most targets, and players can sprint to the opposing spawn in ten seconds with marathon and kill them if they aren't already dead from all the noob tubes."

Why would you want to play that game?

Lol, that would be a great Title, And I would still play it.

Now The Real question is: How can you play hardcore in modern warfare 2?

It should be called "Hardcore Search and Destroy thats not very Hardcore at all because there isn't friendly fire and every round is over in 30 seconds."

And the game-type description should read

"Hardcore Ricochet Search and destroy: Where There isn't friendly fire because of cry babies, and the weapons are for monkeys so it takes no skill. Where everyone uses a riot shield or marathon/lightweight/commando, and thermal sights because people are too lazy to use their eyes. Where noob tubes are rampant because infinity ward likes them, and you can't turn the stupid in game music off so have to listen to it BLARING in your Ears. Where the maps are laid out horribly for search and destroy with the attackers spawning closer to most targets, and players can sprint to the opposing spawn in ten seconds with marathon and kill them if they aren't already dead from all the noob tubes."

Why would you want to play that game?

LOL good description but everyone knows that descriptions arent that long so here we go trying to make a long paragraph into 10 words or less "INFINITY WARD HAS HORRIBLE IDEAS" lookie there i did it in 5 lol wait i can add more "OVER IN 5 seconds or less" ok so i went over by one but who cares we all know the truth KEEP FRIENDLY FIRE IN HARDCORE OR DONT ADD HARDCORE AT ALL

I never said that modern warfare 2 hardcore is better. I was just talking about the game mode, not the game in general. I think that modern warfare 2 hardcore is almost as bad, but only because of how everyone uses cold blooded so killstreaks are useless. I could argue how I think IW is better, but i've already discussed that enough. Think of it this way, would you rather have teamkillers, or would you rather die when your stupid enough to shoot a team mate? If you like hardcore because of the realism, then in real life you would have to stop shooting at enemies if a friendly got in your way. Yeah you might get the occasional person that purposely tries to get shot (Never seen one personally) but which is worse? That or teamkillers?

Definitely not a good idea, hardcore ricochet. Needs to be exclusive to private matches. I think the regular hardcore is definitely better except for the team killers. Which are very popular in every game with a teamkill option. I think the way MW2 was made is generally garbage and I hope that Black Ops only takes minimal features of Modern Warfare 2.

Definitely not a good idea, hardcore ricochet. Needs to be exclusive to private matches. I think the regular hardcore is definitely better except for the team killers. Which are very popular in every game with a teamkill option. I think the way MW2 was made is generally garbage and I hope that Black Ops only takes minimal features of Modern Warfare 2.

Quoted For Truth.

I think maybe even BETTER match making, maybe public lobbies that you can choose to have Ricochet on or off?

IThink of it this way, would you rather have teamkillers, or would you rather die when your stupid enough to shoot a team mate?

You mean when my team mate is stupid enough to purposely jump in front of my bullets, or on my grenade?

I understand where your coming from with Team Killers. . . Sort of. I don't really have a problem with unless I start it, and I don't start it very often. If someone starts team killing me for no reason, I get them kicked, problem solved.

Since modern warfare 2 released, there has been a significant reduction in team killing. Most likely because all the douchers migrated to modern warfare. Unfortunately they will all probably come play Black Ops, and Ruin it just like they ruined modern warfare.

Anyway, to answer your question. I would much rather have team killers then die when my stupid team mate, who's butt hurt because I'm doing better than him, jumps on top of my grenade or in the path of my bullets.