Declassified Docs MK-ULTRA

zeroy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt that far, was I?

Check this site: Project ARTICHOKE

Project ARTICHOKE (also referred to as Operation ARTICHOKE) was a CIA project that researched interrogation methods and arose from Project BLUEBIRD on August 20, 1951, run by the Office of Scientific Intelligence. A memorandum by Richard Helms to CIA director Allen Welsh Dulles indicated Artichoke became Project MKULTRA on April 13, 1953. (Source: Wikipedia)

The project is VERY similar to the list contained in the Case drop from this thread

Document 14 from this thread:

Document 14

████████

May 5 1995

Memorandum for ████████████ G

Subject: Hypnotism and covert operations

I apologize for submitting a document so long as this one. The subject is highly controversial, and even this treatment, which may appear long, is abbreviated.

Frankly i now distraught much of what is written by academic experts on hypnotism. Partly this is because many of them appear to have generalized from a very few co?nes; partly because much of their cautious ?peosimism? is controlled by agency experimenters; but more particularly because i personally have witnessed behaviour responses which respected experts have said are impossible to obtain. In no other field have i been conscious of the mental claustrophobia of bock and lecture hall knowledge. I don’t think we have enough evidence to say positively that hypnotism is a practicable covert weapon, but i do say that we’ll never know whether it is or not unless, we experiment in the field where we can learn what is practicable (materially and physiologically) in a way that no lab worker could possibly prove.

Even the terminology of hypnotism is in confusion. I have used terms like “suggestibility”, “catalepsy” and “fascination” because they seemed to me descriptive, but these are argued to be inaccurate in current journals. As an example of the confusion. Mr. Morse Allen and i spent the better part of two days arguing with an academic practitioner formidable reputation before we discovered his vehement and perplexing disagreement with what we knew to be facts was based semantic hair-splitting concealed pig-headedness.

If you decide that the ??/P should pursue this subject further, i suggest that you meet with ████████████ Morse Allen and myself to discuss the first recommendation of the attached paper.

████████████

Attachment

████████████

████████████

Orig- addressee

1- C/ security

████████████

████████████

And the Document carrying the same name on the Site freegovreports.com:

Office Memorandum – UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT

DATE: 10 May 1954

TO: Chief, Security Research Staff

SUBJECT: Attached

Attached herewith is a self-explanatory memorandum of […] in connection with the recent work done here […] I am certain the work was very profitable and as far as I can tell, […] was impressed and appreciated the opportunity of working with […]

5 May 1955

MEMORANDUM FOR:

SUBJECT: Hypnotism and Covert Operations

1. I apologize for submitting a document as long as this one. The subject is highly controversial and even this treatment, which may appear long, is abbreviated.

2. Frankly, I now distrust much of what is written by academic experts on hypnotism. Partly this is because many of them appear to have generalized from a very few cases; partly because much of their cautious pessimism is contradicted by Agency experimenters; but more particularly because I personally have witnessed behavior responses which respected experts have said are impossible to obtain. In no other field have I been so conscious of the mental claustrophobia of book and lecture hall knowledge. I don’t think we have enough evidence to say positively that hypnotism is a practicable covert weapon, but I do say that we’ll never know whether it is or not unless we experiment in the field where we can learn what is practicable (materially and psychologically) in a way that no laboratory worker could possibly prove.

3. Even the terminology of hypnotism is in confusion. I have used terms like “suggestibility”, “catalepsy” and “fascination” because they seemed to me descriptive, but these are argued to be inaccurate in current journals. As an example of the confusion, […] and I spent the better part of two days arguing with an academic practitioner of formidable reputation before we discovered that his vehement and perplexing disagreement with what we knew to be facts was based on semantic hair-splitting and congealed pig-headedness.

4. If, you decide that the […] should pursue this subject further, I suggest that you meet with […] and myself to discuss the first recommendation of the attached paper.

Attachment

[…]

Distribution:

Orig. – Addressee

1 – C/Security

This paper briefly describes hypnotism as it has been used in medicine, the laboratory and on the stage; some adaptations which may make it useable in covert operations; and some clandestine operational research requirements. The reader should keep in mind that we are here dealing with aspects of human behavior which do not permit mathematically exact definitions or classifications.

So in short Treayrch's inspiration for GK-NOVA6 Project is based of Project MK-ULTRA which included Project ARTICHOKE as well.

Video on CIA Experiments also interesting for illustration