Just Found Another Two Small Details

joecapps1127

I have discovered two more things when looking at some of the old screenshots.

First, is this screenshot:

On top of the building it says Leuna. I will quote the wikipedia page of Leuna:

Leuna is a town in the Saalekreis, Saxony-Anhalt, eastern Germany, south of Merseburg and Halle. It is known for the Leunawerke (English: Leuna works), at 13 km2 one of the biggest chemical industrial complexes in Germany where a very wide range of chemicals and plastics is produced.

So you will be invading a town in eastern Germany, and possibly even invading a chemical factory.

Edit - The name of this screenshot was "black ops hell from above" which is a rather random name for a file, so I am going to assume this is the name of the mission for the same reasons I described below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The other thing I noticed was not in the screenshot, but the name of it.

I found this screenshot on Black Ops 24/7 and it was saved as "black ops wmd ural mountains". I have to imagine either these images were sent to the owner of Black Ops 24/7 without changing the file name, or he somehow was informed of the location in the image.

I am assuming this means that we will be invading a base in the Ural Mountains. For those of you that don't know what the Ural Mountains are, I will quote the wikipedia page:

The Ural Mountains (Russian: Ура́льские го́ры, Uralskiye gory) are a mountain range that runs approximately from north to south through western Russia, from the coast of the Arctic Ocean to the Ural River and northwestern Kazakhstan. Their eastern side is usually considered the natural boundary between Europe and Asia.

Maybe we can put this towards the Campaign and/or gknova6 storyline

Thanks

joecapps1127

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have known that WMD takes place in the ural mountains since the reveal of it in OXM magazine, which was about 2 and a half months ago. Yes, you will be invading a base. The new leaked gameplay is of this mission.

As for the other one, that mission takes place in Hue city. Not germany.

When i go to the gallery on callofduty.com the file names of all the images are "large.jpg" I take it that neejoh(Manager of dw24/7) Just saved the images from callofduty.com then renamed them so he knew which were which.

Alright this has got to be the biggest coincidence ever... Leuna happened to be where the second largest chemical plant in Germany during WWII was, and guess who owned it... That's right, IG Farben operated that plant... The guys who keep being mentioned in the things carbon was mailed... the confusing thing though is that the Hueys were invented way after WWII, and they wouldn't have gone to Europe during the Vietnam conflict...

EDIT: After more digging around I found a CIA document about the soviet nuclear development program and how scientists worked at the Leuna plant to find ways to create heavy water, which is required to have a nuclear reaction. We might have found a connection here...

Alright this has got to be the biggest coincidence ever... Leuna happened to be where the second largest chemical plant in Germany during WWII was, and guess who owned it... That's right, IG Farben operated that plant... The guys who keep being mentioned in the things carbon was mailed... the confusing thing though is that the Hueys were invented way after WWII, and they wouldn't have gone to Europe during the Vietnam conflict...

EDIT: After more digging around I found a CIA document about the soviet nuclear development program and how scientists worked at the Leuna plant to find ways to create heavy water, which is required to have a nuclear reaction. We might have found a connection here...

Great job! Since you made the connection, you should create a thread to discuss this as it's currently only a sub-topic of this thread. Maybe with some more help this could lead to another breakthrough!

[brains]

So the whole GK Nova/Ig Farben is the backbone of the story. I would say half of the missions will be flashbacks of the main character following the trail of something created by 'Ze Germans'. And the ending - escape from the captors with big badda booms. That would make a nice story with a 'twist' :)))