Grenade Launchers aka NoobTubes in BO

vowellpuny

So i've been thinking about Grenade Launchers in Black Ops, and how they could be adjusted so that they are still usable, but not quite as cheap or annoying.

One solution i have thought of, kind of a last resort, is to just comepletely remove them.

Another solution, which i think would work nicely, would be to instead of having them explode on impact, make them have a timer. What i mean is, as soon as you shoot the grenade, it would act just like a Frag would, and it would count down from 5 or so and explode no matter where it was. I would personally make them have a 2 or 3 second timer, because if Treyarch sticks to their large map trend, it would greatly reduce the amount of spawn tubing and perhaps even make them more of a tactical weapon.

Lastly, they could make grenade launchers take so long to unlock, that almost noone would use them. Kind of like WaW where it was the last possible attachment for each gun.

On another note, if they decide to bring back Scavenger, it should not refill grenade launcher ammo.

So, please reply with your thoughts and opinions, and share what YOU would do about Grenade Launchers.

P.S

I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY WILL BE REMOVED. I mean come on... there are hundreds of thousands of casuals who play the game for maybe an hour during 2 or 3 days each week. Activision, being the whore that they are, aren't going to listen to the minority. Hopefully, maybe, TreyArch will listen to the hardcore minority and convice Activision to allow them to keep the attachment out of the game. thank you for reading

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dony really care because there in the game ok? If you don't use them, your darn right right someone else is goping to to use them. I mean if there in a game then why would you ignore it(not saying i noobtube) but people are still going to use them, just like all other gaming strategies such as quickscopers, campers, ghosts, etc., etc.

"make them the last unlocked attachment" should have been an option on the poll.

grenade launchers in cod4/mw2 behave the same as those in w@w, the only difference being that they are unlocked last in w@w (excluding the garand). i've never heard anyone complain about the rifle grenades in w@w.

nerfing or time delay are poor ideas. i played the medal of honor beta, it required 2 or 3 direct hits with an m203/gp25 to kill someone. there was no reason to use them. and the time delay is both innacurate and exactly like the explosive tipped crossbow.

listn guys i had no problem at all with noob tubes in fact im a noob ive havnt rarely seen noobs in any match ive played. plus if ur mad about them USE THEM-or suck a dick

I REFUSE to degrade myself and stoop to everyone else's level of playing. The people who play as you are suggesting I should play, have no gaming morals, and no gaming integrity, nor any respect for the game itself.

I REFUSE to Sacrifice My Integrity and My morals simply because everyone else playing modern warfare does.

I will not play like a D-BAG just to get a high score or get a lot of kills or even for a win. None of those numbers matter if the people playing the game absolutely RUIN it.

I play with integrity and Honesty. Most of the time that even works out, but It gets old when everyone else your playing with only care about numbers.

Because of that, I PLAY ANOTHER GAME. Its Called WORLD AT WAR. Where IM NOT the only one playing with Integrity. People play World at War because they Enjoy it, and Because the Game is Amazing, Not for numbers.

Which is why:

Treyarch > infinity ward

World at War > infinity ward

World ar War > modern warfare 2

Black Ops > infinity ward

Black Ops > modern warfare 2

Its not about being "mad" at noob-tubes, if you don't understand then your probably a noob-tuber.

I dont have a problem with the noob tubes, its the constant abuse of them, when someone starts to do bad, they just whip out there danger close pro class, and start OMA'ing it up. If treyarch makes it so that they cant be replenished, then i, my friends, will be a happy man.

The good news is, I think Mark Lamia already stated that one man army and commando would not return.

I may be wrong, and I dont mean to spread rumors if that is the case, but I certainly hope one man army is NOT in Black Ops, And not just because of the noob-tubes. Its a ridiculous perk.

Also, Nice with the Sig eman. :lol:

No One Man Army or Danger Close, the timed makes sense but I doubt they would do that. I mean if they really cared they could just create like a TDM playlist without allowing NoobTubes or something like that. I'm just glad that they already confirmed that Commando is gone.

they arent the exact same acutally. rifle gernades will explode no matter what, unlike noobtubes. they balanced that with having them really not be good at all lol..

PEOPLE why are you whining about grenade launchers? they were in the e3 demo (heli part) so they almost certainly will be in multiplayer they probaby just make it the last attachment and just take it back to the way they were in W@W and i already said the part anout making them the way there were in W@W

PEOPLE why are you whining about grenade launchers? they were in the e3 demo (heli part) so they almost certainly will be in multiplayer they probaby just make it the last attachment and just take it back to the way they were in W@W and i already said the part anout making them the way there were in W@W

Well we obviously know that they will be in BO, we were just discussing the different possibilities of how they could fix nade launchers. Please read the posts in the thread before accusing us of whining.

Thanks, eman

listn guys i had no problem at all with noob tubes in fact im a noob ive havnt rarely seen noobs in any match ive played. plus if ur mad about them USE THEM-or suck a dick

-.- Noob tubes were one of the very many things wrong with MW2. Just today someone spawn killed the whole team with a noob tube. they're not hard to use (at all) and the damage they do is Waaayyyy to high. my suggestion is to lower the blast radius and damage.

I think nerf and dont let them replenish. COD 4 and W@W both had noob tubes but they werent abused or barely used tbh. That is because they had a small blast radius and were less accurate. But for some reason IW got over excited with mw2 and made everything in that game have over the top damage and insane accuracy. Im sorry but anyone who can shoot a nade launcher in real life with that accuracy must be frigin iron man or something. To hold the bounce on the thing down like that would require u to be him.

Let me say first off that i dont tube not because i think its cheep or a noob thing to do. its just not how i play. The tube helps to bring balance to the game if you think about it. It should be nerfed but by longer reload time and maybe no cross hair for it or make it miss sometimes like the rpg in mw2. and as far as spawn tube from the start of the game....im ok with that if you can hit me so be it. If you took the time to find out how to do it then do it.

This is all with oma not in the game.

and as far as spawn tube from the start of the game....im ok with that if you can hit me so be it. If you took the time to find out how to do it then do it.

No. 98% of noob-tubers don't take the time to learn how to do it, they watch a youtube video of some 12 year old showing how to do it.

Treyarch should keep the 15 sec noob tube delay at the beginning of each round.

The Accuracy can't really be effected. Its like throwing a baseball. Its not going to magically alter its trajectory mid-flight, unless its there's massive wind, and if the wind is powerful enough to alter the trajectoy of a 40mm grenade, assuming thats the form of rifle grenade in Black Ops, then its powerful enough to alter the trajectory of your regular bullets.

The best solution Is to just keep the 15 second delay at the beginning of each round. Rifle grenades have hardly been used since Treyarch implemented that AWESOME Update. They're not even an issue anymore in World at War.

Its absolutely Hilarious though, you can tell when noob tubers from modern warfare try to play World at War. They ALWAYS try to shoot their Noob tubes immediately after they spawn, and then they whine like little kids when they don't kill anyone with them. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will 100% Guarantee you that noob tubes wont be an issue in Black Ops like they are in World at War.

Treyarch Knows how many people try to use noob tubes to get easy kills, and they don't like it, as evidence with the Noob tube Delay in World at War, so you shouldn't worry about it so much.