Custom Map

Does anyone else think they should include custom map making in zombie modes. Not anything like Little Big Planet but more like what they can do on PC. No leader boards obviously. Just 6-8 matierals such as concrete and metal and wood. Then some basics props such as windows that you board up fences and openable doors. That would add so much replayablity and would make up for it if they decide not to have any new zombie maps.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of it as a good idea in theory, depending on what happens with Black Ops. Trials HD offers an amazing track editor which I think has added to the popularity of the game and increased its longevity.

There are a number of ways that Treyarch could do this without affecting DLC for BO, first off release NZ or zombies as separate DLC, then release an editor with a couple of limited maps as a primer...make a statement that these maps will never see the light of day in any other form of DLC.

Link the editor to a premium subscription site purchased through XBL and create a dedicated XBL channel for said site on XBL such as HALO waypoint. Featuring custom content, quarterly competitions and user featured content. Maps can only be shared with other premium subscription users.

Thing is, it depends on whether Treyarch have a story to tell with zombies and whether they wish it to be heard. Given the popularity of GK6, I wont mention the other one, I personally think we may see some kind of in game treasure hunt of sorts that may be something to do with redacted on COD HQ.

Only time will tell.

Well like I said they should give us BASIC tools. So our maps are not to complicated. Just fun. Obviosly their maps would be perfectly laid out, have a shit ton of easter eggs, and last but not least come with multiplayer maps. Which would make it sell. BTW they should just charge you for extra tools. And if someone makes a map using those tools and you dont have it they wont let you download it. So I think that would be great. I just want some real replayability in this game incase the mulitplayer fails.

Well like I said they should give us BASIC tools. So our maps are not to complicated. Just fun. Obviosly their maps would be perfectly laid out, have a shit ton of easter eggs, and last but not least come with multiplayer maps. Which would make it sell. BTW they should just charge you for extra tools. And if someone makes a map using those tools and you dont have it they wont let you download it. So I think that would be great. I just want some real replayability in this game incase the mulitplayer fails.

Even the map creator for Trials HD has a learning curve and requires a fair bit of time to make something worthwhile. FPS maps are far more complicated and there is no such thing as BASIC tool set. Have a look on Ytube for modding tutorials to understand a little better how much effort is required.

A very small percentage of the community actually mod, although the idea of a map creator on console is good in theory I do not think there is a financial model that would support it and the efforts it would take to implement a set of tools friendly to console users.

I wouldn't want to make my own map per say. I think it would be to much work when I just want to go on and kill some zombies. I would love to be able to while playing use things in the map to build up areas to protect. Like using some barrels or sandbags or something.