MW2 Weapons Discussion

iFailz

Just thought it would be interesting to have a discussion about some weapons.

My favourites are below:

Assault Rifle:

F2000

Although people have trouble with this gun. I find getting the learning curve on it's recoil you will go on to decimate teams. It's troublesome at first, but this gun definately should not be considered the worst gun.

Sub-Machine Gun:

P90

I use this gun almost.. Always.

Never home without it haha.

Although sometimes it gives off a noticeable recoil, which can be annoying when it shows.

As some shots seem to give no recoil, while others seem to make the gun move in awkward directions. But, I love this gun on Rust with Ex. Mags. The only issue I dislike is sometimes, this may be due to lag. But, sometimes enemies take more then the required shots to die.

Leaving you confused, as you hoped to switch target quickly and take down the next enemy.

Other then that, this gun is wonderful.

Light Machine Gun:

MG4

This gun is amazing with Thermal + Grip.

If not just a Thermal. I use this on large maps such as Wasteland and Derail.

Sniper Rifles:

M21 EBR

Because, I like semi-auto Snipers.

They take more skill to use then Intervention or Barrett 50. Cal

Riot Shield

Amazing, with Spas-12.

I use this in Demolition, and completely own. :]

Advised Setup:

Riot Shield

Spas-12 w/Grip

Sleight of Hand

Cold-Blooded

Steady Aim

Tactial Knife

Smoke Grenade

So, discuss. ^^

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me

Assault rifle

Ak47- The ironsight is very forgiving and when you put a supressor on it doesnt bounce all too much. It does a good amount of damage, the only problem is the wonky gp-25 noobtube, that without soh takes a year to reload.

Sub machine gun

Ump 45- Nothing more to say than the fact that even though people say its nooby and overpowerd, im still gonna kill you with it.

Lmg

Mg4- totally agree on this one, as with a grip attatched there is pretty much 0 bounce.

Sniper

Intervention- I like it better than the barret but im not sure why seeing as the barret is just as strong with semi automatic capability.

Riot shield

secondary akimbo magnums

Perk 1 marathon

perk 2 lightweight

perk 3 commando

I'm sorry, don't mean to be rude, but about the M21...you are absolutely wrong, there is no way that it takes more skill than it does to use the Intervention or Barrett. That gun takes about a fiftieth of the skill it takes to use either of those guns. IMHO it takes less skill to use that then the UMP, at least the UMP has a tad bit of recoil.

My favorite weapon would have to be Intervention, I use Intervention when I'm not trying to go for nuke, for nuke I either use UMP, FAMAS, Scar-H, or for some maps, Intervention.

I'm sorry, don't mean to be rude, but about the M21...you are absolutely wrong, there is no way that it takes more skill than it does to use the Intervention or Barrett. That gun takes about a fiftieth of the skill it takes to use either of those guns. IMHO it takes less skill to use that then the UMP, at least the UMP has a tad bit of recoil.

It usually takes about two shots to kill someone with it without Stopping power. So you have to let loose two shots at once, and they both have to hit to get them killed. But some people just let loose like the whole mag. That is what takes NO skill as you say. The Interventions is good but when i get a kill with it they other person starts saying," oh why are you hardscoping?" But anyways M21 is a great sniper rifle.

My fave assault rifle is probably the...FAL because i feel cool getting kills with is lol.

and Machine Guns i have to agree with everyone else with the Mg4.

Favorite Sub is..Mini-Uzi

My Riot Shield class is

Riot Shield

USP Akimbo- because they stab faster than Tact. Knife attachment.

C4:Flash

Scavenger

Danger Close

Commando

AR: F2000. only gun i ever use. pwns once you get used to the recoil. for instance, i have 300 headshots on it, and i am level 68. that means i got fall in 7 levels. pretty good IMO

SMG: MP5K silenced. gets rid of a little recoil. very high killing rate

LMG: MG4 with grip + holo. no recoil at all whatsoever.

Sniper: probably just the intervention. i dont quickscope though

secondary: i agree with triixster. USP45 akimbo is the best. and you unlock it at level 4 so its really good.

i also really like the single model 1887. nice range and with stopping power is awesome. akimbo is even better though lol :lol:

But i mainly use the F2000 as i said above. now need 200 more headshots until i get that awesome gold title i want sooo bad

I'm sorry but i love the throwing knife so much :D its just so satisfying when you hit someone with a freak lob or reflex shot (though i admit its kinda bulls*** that it kills people when it hits them in the foot or something) also akimbo G-18s look cool as, though they are kinda noobish in how much they spray.

Seriously though

Assault:

ACR or Scar-H

Sub:

UMP45 (Hardly ever use it, but i prefer it to the other subs)

Sniper:

Intervention

MG:

AUG

Nooby or not i just like using these. i dont care if you agree or disagree - its just my opinion

ACR silenced with heartbeat sensor(noobs never use ninja) with cold-blooded, bling or marathon and ninja

Sec: Magnum/Deagle akimbo

haha...also A LOT of people say noobs use Heartbeat ;) it's not a big deal for me though, cause the only time I don't have ninja is when I quick-scope, and I use steady aim for that because I'm not as good as I wish I was, and that's my fault.

Assault Rifle: ACR with Shotgun (I feel dirty using the noobtube to get it :D)

Submachine Gun: P90 with Silencer

Machine Gun: RPD w/ Grip

Sniper: Intervention (I only quickscope/noscope in Free-For-All, so as to not hurt my team.)

UMPs are bearable, I mean it's not the MP40.

I also now use this since i am in prestige 5:

L86 LSW with Bling (grip + red dot sight)

USP45 FMJ

Semtex

Flashbang

Sleight of Hand

Stopping Power

Steady Aim

i found it is a really great gun to use. it takes 1-2 shots to the chest with stopping power. It is also great for hardcore because it rips through a lot of surfaces and is very powerful

• 1 month later...

my weapons of choice would have to be the AK-47 (Simply becuase of the lack of recoil and a very well balanced weapon all in all, and dont forget the missing challenge, AK-47 Veteran IV which unlocks the sexiest emblem in the game) for SMG's i use the UMP45 silenced, or the vector/Mini-Uzi Rapid Fire (CQB'd) for LMG's i would have to say RPD, AUG HBAR, and MG4.

my current classes consist of

Anti-Air : Fal/Stinger, frags, stuns, Scavenger Pro, Danger Close Pro, Sitrep Pro

Heavy Rush: AUG HBAR Foregrip/Model 1887 Akimbo, C4, Stuns, Marathon pro, lightweight pro, sitrep pro

Clickers: Barret 50. Cal Bling(FMJ Thermal)/AA-12 Bling(Foregrip FMJ), T.I., Stuns, Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro, Steady Aim Pro.

Random Class: Intervention/Deagle Akimbo, throwing knife, flash's, Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, Commando Pro.

Sheilder: Riot Sheild/Model 1887 Akimbo, C4, Flash's, Scavenger pro, Danger Close Pro, Sitrep pro.

BOOSTER JUSTICE: Vector Rapid Fire/RPG-7 x2, Frag, stuns, Marathon pro, coldblooded, Sitrep pro.

Extended mags: Any Weapons without extended mags, frag, flash's, Bling Pro, Danger Close Pro, Sitrep Pro.

yes i actually name my classes...-cough-

Assault Rifles:

ACR

Although everyone whines about the ACR it's not even remotely overpowered. It's not recoil-less and it is a very balanced gun. IN MY OPINION

Submachine Guns:

Kriss Super V (Vector...)

The Super V is my favorite submachine gun solely based on the fact that it's balanced. Not too strong, not too weak. Fair amount of recoil and not enough that it's unusable.

Light Machine Guns:

RPD

I've always liked the RPD, ever since Call of Duty 4. Medium recoil, medium power and easily the most balanced LMG. IN MY OPINION

Sniper Rifles:

Barrett M107 .50 Caliber

I think the M107 is the most efficient Sniper for sniping. Quickscopers don't even bitch at me because it is. It's not an Anti-Infantry rifle but it works well as one.

Riot Shield:

My sole nemesis. If I had a choice to remove anything melee, equipment or attachment based. I would place the Riot Shield second, only to Grenade Launchers.