Come in CoDZ thi... is.... lpha... Snake ca.. yo.. re.. me..

• 2 months later...

Sadly I have had a HDD failure on my primary laptop, so many zombie files gone...

I'm more pissed off that we have lost a load of family videos. :x

I've learned today that backing up is a must...

If in doubt do it now.

Regards Alpha.

Do not format your disc, you will overwrite the data which is still there...

Get a disc caddy, then you can start to identify the bad areas of the disc and find out what can be recovered. There is free recovery software available.

It's the click of death.

I'm looking into recovery options.

Some say its the circuit on the back that needs replacing.

I'll give it a go.

Cheers who.

Update: Looks like the damage isn't that bad as I remembered that I left all the video & picture files on my old tower desk top. So all family stuff has been saved.

I've recovered NZC from dropbox. The only things I've lost are the use of my laptop & some pictures from zombies that can be easily replaced.

Well that has cheered me up today. :D

Regards Alpha.

• 1 month later...

I finally saw Promethius today. Have you seen it?

I remember we had a good convo about it before it released back in the days when the zombie labs bunker was still operational.

I noticed all kinds of symbology and parallels to ancient alien astronaut theories, H.P. lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos, as well as Christianity.

I remember in our discussion about H.R. Ginger that you found him immoral for scaring women away from giving birth. There was a scene in the movie that reminded me of that

Finally got my laptop back, replaced the Hdd cost £44 for 500gb.

At least its back online.

Lost windows 7, no recovery disc made.

Now running Ubuntu 12.04 & I love it.

No more windows for me.

Anyone else running Linux? Any tips or tricks, pitfalls?

Today is a good day. :D

Regards Alpha.

Ubuntu is sweet. But I think I am a windows kind a guy.

If you had a pre-installed WIndows O.S. on your laptop and you don't have the disc for it you are not lost. Check for a windows license key on your laptop, if you see one then try and find a backup install of your o.s. from your vendors manufacturing site. For example I just re-installed win 7 from gateway after 3 years of buying my desktop. I used the key and it works like charm. It may however be not the case if you didn't have the license key to it. I messed around with pirated copies to get different versions of win 7 and Win 8. But then I couldn't activate windows (usually means shitty graphics and no customization) and possibly no o.s. updates.

• 4 months later...

Thought I should pop in & say that I have officially retired from the Playstation Network.

I can't justify buying a PS4 until they are wayyyy cheaper & have a valid Treyarch title to play.

Until then I shall remain systemless.

However this is not the end for me on codz.

I will be revamping my old pc to try my hand at custom maps.

I have so many ideas that I need to at least try to make them a reality.

I'll still be here on codz as always to drop bombs on yo brainzzzz.

Love you always Codz.

Regards Alpha.

• Moderators

Thought I should pop in & say that I have officially retired from the Playstation Network.

I can't justify buying a PS4 until they are wayyyy cheaper & have a valid Treyarch title to play.

Until then I shall remain systemless.

However this is not the end for me on codz.

I will be revamping my old pc to try my hand at custom maps.

I have so many ideas that I need to at least try to make them a reality.

I'll still be here on codz as always to drop bombs on yo brainzzzz.

Love you always Codz.

Regards Alpha.

What speaks against continuing to use the PS3?

Rapidly dropping value on an expensive piece of so called high tech hardware.

Pc is the way to go.

Upgrading is so much easier & cheaper.

Trying to sell my Ps3 is depressing. £105 & no sell still.

Honestly I just never play anything anymore.

The kids can burn out a Dvd player rather than my Ps3.

Plus I can use that money to upgrade my Pc a little to cope with rendering maps.

Could use some tips on custom map making.

Also, is live streaming easy from a pc? I've heard Fraps is what will get the job done.

This negate the need for a HD PVR, which I never got round to buying.

I figure all I need is enough RAM to let the game run smooth while Fraps is running.

Regards Alpha.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, thats sound like it will be a breeze to do.

So glad I decided to join the pc crowd.

No offence to the consoles, but they are just too limited with little upgrade options.

Anyway, it's my b-day today 33. Wow I feel old... Shhhhhh I'm only 29.

Regards Alpha.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Happy all halloween Codz.

What is goin down in Zombie town?

I need a Call of Duty Briefing/update.

Regards Alpha. :animated-zombie: < Lovin this guy. We need a brainzzzz one for him & his buddies to chase after.

V Don't look down V

:animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie: :animated-zombie:

Told you.

Oh and this:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/177156-project-zb/?p=1714033

Have fun.

• Moderators

Welcome back, Alpha.

There will be zombies in the new CoD AW.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/177962-advanced-warfare-zombie-trailer/page-2#entry1714041

It remains unclear if it will evolve into a whole seperate mode or just stay the one round kind of deal in the "exo survival" game mode.

Also doesn't look like it is connected to the 3arc storyline or if it is even has one right now.

:animated-zombie:  :mrgreen:   :animated-zombie:

• 5 months later...

Will do. :)

Tasha.

I feel a reboot coming.

I can't resist a Treyarch COD.

Plus I need to see this through to the very end. Which I don't think this will end with BOIII.

Zombies are forever.

Lots of action is happening on twitter it seems that is where the ARG is happening.

So get on there: @Alpha13snake is me. I follow 115 of the most important Zombies community, follow them & you get  a better insight as to what is going on.

Regards Alpha.

Edited by AlphaSnake
  • 3 weeks later...