More To Solve On Der Riese

Well idk, I was playing with some guy the other day and he told me two things that seemingly worked. First at the mainframe, if you go to the furthest grate near the stairs straight across from the Kar, there is a piece of paper in the grate. If you look at it and press X/Square your character will sigh which supposedly raises your chances of getting the Ray Gun, Wunderwaffe, and Monkey Bombs. Go to the room by the Furnace room with the chalkboard and desk near the bridge to Juggernog and the Teleporter, on the desk will be a red bottle that you'll look at it and press X/Square until your character sighs and it will supposedly upgrade your Juggernog allowing you to take a couple extra hits. You'll have to press and hold those buttons for a while, maybe up to a minute, but I promise that it worked for me the other day.

The sigh is for the chalk board, not the vial.

How do I know?

I first did it, it did a normal groan.

So I waited a bit, and then did it again

Dempsey said "WHat the hell were they looking for?"

A vial wouldn't make him say that, but a chalkboard covered in maps and clippings would! :D

It doesn't upgrade your Juggernog, you silly! :D

But you excited me for a moment anyway :P

*UPDATE - I just threw a 4th Monkey bomb into the furnace, and the same thing happened.

But I am noticing shapes and pictures in the furnace!

There's a definite eye, and what looks like a silhouette of a dog!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

Just threw a monkey bomb into the closed side of the furnace, through the grates...

Nothing out of the ordinary, no screaming, just usual monkey bomb stuff :(

I really want to follow up on the tower thing, I bet you have to zap them or something! :|

I am going to go try that!

UPDATE

No success

I shot the top of each tower in ascending number of spikes with the DG2, and when the 115 reaches the

tip, it does a little shock thing (second flash of lightning), but nothing happened after all were shot.

I tried it again with PaPed DG2, and the same thing happened, except the 2nd flash was still blue, even though the original shock was red!

Ok i was playing today after reading all this, and figured, why not go on a search, so on level 11 I got a crawler and spent some time looking. It may be nothing, but if you go to the air vent by the doubletap, there is a hole in the front of it (looking at the vent facing in the direction of the double tap). You can fit a grenade through it. Now maybe there is a hidden teddy in there when you activate the fly trap. I wish i would have been playing with a group so i could have gotten higher in the rounds to be able to PaP and test it out. But if anyone has a chance, i think it could do something;)

Well, wouldnt the reward of solving the fly trap be in the files?? Or would it be encrypted or something??

Some one spoken of the mythos giant code being buried in there some where, but he never came back to the thread about it.

There is the idea that Der Riese is only 95% complete.

Maybe the Iphone version will set the story straight. The other Iphone maps seem to have had bits and pieces added in that are absent from the console & pc versions.

Regards Snake.

im pretty sure all hints are placed that everybody can find it. There is no need for noclip-mods or something.

Further more im pretty sure that we have already found all hints, we just have to understand them right.

[

actually, ther is an unreleased radio only available on PC, its a recording of maxis talking to the new recruits of 935 , i think it has helped solve some mysteries but not sure, if anything, its made it easier to solve them.

carbon, I think you're right. I think there is still a lot of stuff we haven't solved, I actually did noclip with my cousin last weekend on the computer, not just looking for obvious stuff, but hidden stuff, and even going back over the stuff people have already discovered and things people know about but don't think have any relevance to the story line.

One thing I noticed is, the panel that you shoot at the fly trap is the same panel that's at the main frame, the only difference is the one at the main frame is broken, could this have been the easier way of activating the Fly Trap before someone broke it?

Anyways, I took a TON of pictures, I'll post some here. Several more things I noticed, there is a man in the boiler area in Teleporter B, but he's not wearing a german soldier uniform, it's something different.

Molotov AND Grenade

You can barely see the molotov on the Xbox 360.

I have tons more, just let me know and I'll post.

Der Riese was definitely not complete. Outside of the main area, near the "Teddy is a liar" mark, you can find several power boxes, exact same type as the ones you can find on the walls near the teleporters, as well as in a room across the juggernog and courtyard, there is a wall inside a room, but the wall is the exact type of all in Nacht Der Untoten and Verruckt where the zombies break through.

The SOS on the shack consist of 9 boards 3 letters and 5 sandbags. In the shack there is an unopened 935 fields operation manual on the bottom level of the shelves and there are a few wooden crates on fire. You can also see the :?: :arrow: from the window if you looking from the clock.

:oops:

9 boards = CHECK

5 sandbags = NO CHECK. There are 8 sand bags. Coincidentally, 3 + 5 = 8

3 letters = You mean in the word SOS?

Have you confused bags with letters? :D

Yea i made a mistake. There isn't 5 sandbags, there are 7. Coincidentally, 2 + 3 + 2 = 7

It was me who mentioned the Mythos Giant coding by the way...

I found some google and other forum pages about the trigger, but haven't found the actual coding itself!

But anyway, maybe we should shoot the control panel on the main frame with a PaPed gun?

Maybe the DG2 Paped?

Maybe that control panel is right in front of us? ;)

I *did not* find it, it's just part of the coding.

The trigger within the coding is called 'Mythos Giant'

I once found the term cached by google, on a web page that actually provided the game coding!

Look, if it's found again, I'll post it, and you'll know what I mean.

I think the reason I can't find it again, is because I use the term 'coding'

What are other names for the programming in a game???

Transcript?

AHA!

Found the coding on the old forum!

*thanks to Baddreams12345 and JezusSaurusRex*

level thread play_giant_mythos_lines();

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_corkboard_1" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_corkboard_2" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_corkboard_3" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_teddy" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_fieldop" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_telemap" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_maxis" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_illumi_1" );

level thread play_level_easteregg_vox( "vox_illumi_2" );

play_giant_mythos_lines()

{

round = 5;

wait(10);

while(1)

{

vox_rand = randomintrange(1,100);

if( level.round_number

{

if( vox_rand

{

players = get_players();

p = randomint(players.size);

index = maps_zombiemode_weapons::get_player_index(players[p]);

plr = "plr_" + index + "_";

players[p] thread create_and_play_dialog( plr, "vox_gen_giant", .25 );

//iprintlnbold( "Just played Gen Giant line off of player " + p );

}

}

else if (level.round_number > round )

{

return;

}

wait(randomintrange(60,240));

}

}

Actually, are reflecting on this code....

I now think the Mythos Giant is actually a catergorization of audio...

Segments of audio that can only be played after round 5, by pressing X on things

The actual TRIGGER is Vox_Gen_giant, audio that occurs only under specific conditions,

and is said by a random character.

So maybe that audio is quite important for the story?

Anyone notice that the moon is not the same as the actual moon? And no im not talking about the eclipse, im talking about the craters and markings

Sorry if U i might think i am stupid now, but for me it is a "black sun" not a moon!

Further more did you guys mentioned that in Doggysty**-Rounds the brightness of the game fades a bit down? Its getting a bit darker, but why?

Than I have another suggestion we could try:

Play the game normal but DO NOT USE THE MYSTERYBOX! Buy only weapons from the walls! Activate power, activate all teleporters, upgrade a Weapon, activate the Flaytrap, shoot the teddy bears and the monkey. After doing that, you can go to the mysterybox. Maybe the teddy won´t appear anymore, because we shoot all his little friends and he´s scared. :) :?: Till now I didn´t try this by myself, but i will do this evening.

Segments of audio that can only be played after round 5, by pressing X on things

The actual TRIGGER is Vox_Gen_giant, audio that occurs only under specific conditions,

and is said by a random character.

So maybe that audio is quite important for the story?

This is incorrect. There is no trigger. The function play_giant_mythos_lines() is called at the beginning of the map, and will continue running until round 6. Note that it requires level.roundnumber

FIrst to Limbsoup Stop trying to convice people to stop looking. If people want to search for something that "Might" be there let them, because what if there is?

Second with the date I found was March 11 1942 MacArthur Leaves the Philippines

Or November 3 1942 Hitler orders Rommel not to retreat at the battle of El Alamein.

The first is at least a little useful to the Germans because it allows for better access to Japan. Maybe the meteor was in the Philippines?

This iluminati code is also seen on the Walls in the asylum .. It reads living dead

As for..

Don't recognise this.. Havnt found much relating to the date... Anyone?

I'm not sure whether it's 3/11/1942 or 11/3/1942 but I found something relating to Japan on the 3/11/1942.

Nothing caught my attention but i'll post the link anyway, hope it helps: http://www.onwar.com/chrono/1942/nov42/f03nov42.htm

FIrst to Limbsoup Stop trying to convice people to stop looking. If people want to search for something that "Might" be there let them, because what if there is?

He posted code and misinterpreted what it meant, so I corrected. I didn't say you should stop searching, I just said its a waste of time, because there isn't anything to find.

You haven't justified it being a waste of time, you silly!

You've just said that the audio is not TRIGGERED, but occurs through process

So, the character dialogue is still out there, named 'Vox_Gen_Giant' that is extra special

and nobody has yet identified it!

Hell, I don't see why you shouldn't look!

Note that it requires level.roundnumber

No, it says round = 5, NOT round

... re read