The reasons why MW2 is not a good game.

I know, I know, you guys think MW2 is great and loads of fun. Or maybe not. I like MW2 and all, but only for the Campaign. Not the Multiplayer. I'll just do a quick rundown of why I don't like the game. If this has been posted before, I'm sorry. But this is MY opinion.

Alright, so, to start with are the perks. One Man Army, Marathon, Lightweight, Commando, and Danger Close. These are 5 ridiculously overpowered perks that should not have been included in the game. It's basically turned it into a mess of annoyance. Ever been grenade launched out of your spawn 7 times in a row? I know I have. Danger Close and One Man Army grenade launchers have become way too common and are still being used. The tactical knife was a good feature until we found out about Commando. The C, LW, M combo is just unstoppable. Lightweight seems to give some kind of barrier to it's users. Marathon is just a mess. I think Extreme Conditioning was fine.

Next are the weapons. Over-powered weapons are COMMON in this game. Everyone says that the UMP45 is not overpowered. The truth is that IT IS! I have sniped people with that thing across Estate. The Famas is usually a one-hit kill if unsilenced and Stopping Powered. Those people using the Intervention with the objective of 360 no-scoping or just quickscoping are wrecking the reputation of snipers in FPS games... I now join games on Call Of Duty 2 and get Quickscoped... The secondaries are also very messy. Shotguns and machine pistols were not good ideas. The SPAS-12 is definitely adequate in the Primary Weapon slot. Have you seen that thing??? It's a sniper! Launchers were equally as bad. Launchers should be perks, just like WaW and CoD4, not secondaries.

Finally, Killstreaks. I know we all love that feeling of getting an AC-130 or Chopper Gunner. For some, even a Tactical Nuke. But think about it. If you're playing Ground War with "new recruits" we'll call them, your team is bound to get nuked. The Chopper Gunner and AC-130 killstreaks are easy to attain in a game of Domination or Ground War Domination. Maybe not for some, but they are too overpowered on top of that. Anyone see the video on youtube where the guy gets a +700 or something off of a Spawn-fail-tacular game in Afghan? Exactly, it's bad. I think Chopper Gunners and AC-130s should be higher than 11 kills. But I also think the classic 3,5,7 would be better if you could get various unlockables for each. 3 could be UAV/CounterUAV and related supports. 5 could be various Airstrikes and 7 could be various helicopters and airstrikes with a plane that stays around, like Harriers.

All in all I did not enjoy MW2. I think it was just too frustrating and gave too many advantages to higher ranked players.

*EDIT* Here's the video with the spawn-fail-tacular killstreak.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Waits for zieghail to completely agree with this* :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Lolol! Thats Awesome! But I do agree. And While I could Easily Add MANY More reasons, I wont. It seems BBS Already knows how I feel about this game.

It is unfortunate how extremely exploitable this game was created to be. If it weren't for people who just can't resist an easy kill, there would be far fewer issues. But There are some issues that simply can't be blamed on the innate human need to cheat at everything.

MW2 is balls.

You of course are entitled to your opinion but please back it up. WHY do you think MW2 "is balls"?

Personally I think the above reasons (and others) are great examples of why this game just isn't as fun as past CODs. On top of the issues stated another reason MW2 just isn't a great game is just that many of the people who play it ruin it. From the javelin glitch to 10th lobby hackers players took advantage of the games issues, ruining it for others. So personally unless I have a few friends to play with I rarely play the game anymore.

Sure there are plenty of games that have glitches that people take advantage of, but glitchers and hackers are just abundant in this game. So I prefer a game that does not raise my blood pressure like this one does.

lol you think the spas is a sniper? check out battlefield 2 lol that shit can actually shoot like uber far. lol and i was looking at black ops video and people think that the aug was ALWAYS a heavy machine gun? oh and they think that sniper is an Intervention...

The game was ok at first...I hated CoD 4 Mw for all its glitches, mods, and maps, but when I look back Mw2 was worse, the maps were too big, its way too easy to mod, and people use to many little glitches to camp in. In no game have I ever played and got spawn killed 29 times in a hardcore game (26 times in a row) and it was hc tdm! The campaign was good but not if you pay attention to it. Its fun but its about Russians pulling a full scale invasion on the US and with there economy that's virtually impossible. I hope nobody buys Respawn's next game because there studio name is ironic. I don't understand why people say " besides its flaws, it's really good," the thing is the flaws outweigh its qualities by a lot. They basically ruined all the weapons with the first patch they did and that's why they gave up. Infinity ward doesn't care about a good gaming experience. And also about the aug, it was built to have interchangeable barrels one short with a foregrip and another with a foregrip a longer barrel and bipod. The aug hbar doesn't have a foregrip and isn't interchangeable. The change is made by pulling back the bolt, twisting the fore grip to the left, pulling the barrel out, putting the new barrel in sideways, twisting it, then putting the bolt back to normal.

The game was ok at first...I hated CoD 4 Mw for all its glitches, mods, and maps, but when I look back Mw2 was worse, the maps were too big, its way too easy to mod, and people use to many little glitches to camp in. In no game have I ever played and got spawn killed 29 times in a hardcore game (26 times in a row) and it was hc tdm! The campaign was good but not if you pay attention to it. Its fun but its about Russians pulling a full scale invasion on the US and with there economy that's virtually impossible. I hope nobody buys Respawn's next game because there studio name is ironic. I don't understand why people say " besides its flaws, it's really good," the thing is the flaws outweigh its qualities by a lot. They basically ruined all the weapons with the first patch they did and that's why they gave up. Infinity ward doesn't care about a good gaming experience. And also about the aug, it was built to have interchangeable barrels one short with a foregrip and another with a foregrip a longer barrel and bipod. The aug hbar doesn't have a foregrip and isn't interchangeable. The change is made by pulling back the bolt, twisting the fore grip to the left, pulling the barrel out, putting the new barrel in sideways, twisting it, then putting the bolt back to normal.

If you hate mw1, and mw2, then why are you on this website? I take it because of w@w. World at war MP was a copy of cod4 with some new perks and worse gun balance.

Call of Duty World at War wasn't a copy, Treyarch took the engine from CoD 4 and fixed its glitches as well as added there own special features to it. If WaW was a copy then it would have the same exact maps fom CoD classic, Infinity Ward took some maps and reskinned them for CoD 4. if CoD WaW was a copy it wouldn't have Nazi zombies, Co op campaign, or be made by treyarch, who do updates on the game. When I play WaW I have a completley different experience. Less hackers, less glitches, and actual fun. And as for leaving this site I might as well since there is nothing but reposts, spam, and people who like to start arguements. I'm on this sight because I like to discuss the Call of duty franchise especially WaW. If you don't like World at war why are you on this site?

I have to say that this post is the first decent post on this subject that i have read. Its certainly the first ive seen that actually has a rational argument. I agree that MW2 has some bad points but it still has some good points too. Every other post just has haters just slagging off the game and not explaining why or looking at all the sides. So great job mate ;) i agree almost 100% with you

I completely agree with everything except for Marathon and Lightweight. My whole reasoning behind this is that in real life I can run fast and I can run for ages.

Your not the only one, but beside's the fact that even the most physically fit people in the world CAN'T Sprint their fastest indefinitely, there is absolutely no need for two perks that make the player move faster.

LMAO. its so balls but yet the best ever game made. most sales and most players EVER!

:facepalm:

How do you Acquire Logic like this???

In no way, shape, or form does Lots of sales = the best game ever. thats completely ridiculous.

Call of Duty World at War wasn't a copy, Treyarch took the engine from CoD 4 and fixed its glitches as well as added there own special features to it. If WaW was a copy then it would have the same exact maps fom CoD classic, Infinity Ward took some maps and reskinned them for CoD 4. if CoD WaW was a copy it wouldn't have Nazi zombies, Co op campaign, or be made by treyarch, who do updates on the game. When I play WaW I have a completley different experience. Less hackers, less glitches, and actual fun. And as for leaving this site I might as well since there is nothing but reposts, spam, and people who like to start arguements. I'm on this sight because I like to discuss the Call of duty franchise especially WaW. If you don't like World at war why are you on this site?

I know im replying a bit late, but...

How did Treyarch fix glitches? Name one glitch that they fixed (From cod4)

Just because it has different maps doesn't mean its not a re-skin, if they took the same maps from cod & cod2 the multiplayer would be a whole new level of bogus. And im talking about multiplayer, not any of the other game modes, i love me some zombies. All im saying is that cod4's multiplayer is better, and w@w wouldn't have perks create-a-class, challenges and many more things without cod4.

I know im replying a bit late, but...

How did Treyarch fix glitches? Name one glitch that they fixed (From cod4)

Just because it has different maps doesn't mean its not a re-skin, if they took the same maps from cod & cod2 the multiplayer would be a whole new level of bogus. And im talking about multiplayer, not any of the other game modes, i love me some zombies. All im saying is that cod4's multiplayer is better, and w@w wouldn't have perks create-a-class, challenges and many more things without cod4.

Because it's a franchise. Call of Duty is a franchise. Without 1 there would be no 2. So yes, World at War took to new ideas from CoD4 and then added their own features as well. Just like MW2 took some ideas from World at War and added other new features. That's why Black Ops has camos, some similar ideas for killstreaks, and callsigns. Just because it's a different company making it doesn't mean it all has to be different. Ya know? :)
  • 2 weeks later...

I honestly think it was the community that really screwed over MW2.

Glitches were exploited (care package, javelin, etc)

Heartbeat sensors

danger close, one man army, noob tubes

deathstreaks

commando, lightweight, marathon, tac knife

modders in general

nuke bosters

CAMPERS are the reason i only play free for all

little kids screaming in your ear

the famas and UMP are favored but it was nothing like the all powerful m16 of cod4 or mp40 of WaW

killstreaks are all-powerful. shouldnt have stacked. chopper gunner = everyone go hide in a house for a minute

theres probably more but i just cant think of them right now. Im hoping the BO multiplayer will fix all of this and add more. But i honestly dont expect anything from the campaign. Watch the BO campaign trailer and watch the Infamy trailer for MW2. No comparison. So in place of an epic campaign the co op better live up to my expectations.