Was Treyarch planning more zombie maps?

McCoy82

Last night when I as doing some private matches with a few friends I thought i saw weird figure while we were doing Nightfire. I disreguarded it then (it was late and was sure I was imagining things), but I went online to look at stuff and according to the COD wiki, there have been reports of a ghost in that map. I started looking around more and according to the site there is weird sounds that can be heard on some of the miltiplayer maps.

The maps that were specifically listed were Hanger, Dome, and Asylum. So Asylum was used for the second map and I'm sure its just me but I always thought that the Dome loading screen always looked like Der Riese teleporter room C, also Nightfire being the primary map design for Der Riese. So that left Hanger, which would link into the big speculation that Area 51 was going to be the fourth map pack (in terms of basic concept, nothing more) and there was supposedly a typewritter somewhere in the map that said Shi No Numa ( just read about it, haven't gone in game to look for it yet).

This lead me to start thinking that Treyarch hinted at more maps of zombies to begin with but were never able to get around to it. Now this could just be my mind making me want to believe there is more zombie goodness coming in one of the unannounced Black Ops modes (which it probably is :? ) and a wiki is a horrible place to believe things from most of the time, but I wanted to get your guys take on this since this community knows a lot more about everything zombie related then I do.

If this has already been posted (searched but didn't see anything) or if I'm just that tired and this makes absolutely no sense, feel free to bash away at my theory :lol:

here is the link for the pages i found all this stuff on:

Der Riese info : http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Der_Riese

Weird noises (under trivia, 22nd bullet point) : http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_o ... rld_at_War

Ghost on map: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Nightfire

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much like this post. I give it my thumbs up; it's well said, gives evidence of what is being brought up, and for moreorless, wasn't a boring read. Plus it was pretty much almost [YourdaWince English, anyways LOL] great in terms of English writing. Haha.

Kudos on your find, friend!

I believe MP4 will be in black ops as the first map and I think it will be Area 51, Nevada, USA.

The main thing that makes me think this is the radio on der riese in the hole behind the dog barrier. If you have heard it you'll know the guy talks about how the "giant project" needs more element 115 to continue and that a large supply can be found at the "nevada base". So maybe Area 51 was supposed to MP4 but then decided for whatever reason to put it in BO? I certainly hope so! :D

Ty for the responses and welcomes :)

back on topic, I went looking for the type writer and found only one in the upper left corner of the hangar. It looked like giberish to me but on the upper left corner of the page I could see how someone could see it as Shi No Numa, but I would have had to known i was looking for that to make me see it. So for me, I think that's gonna have to be thrown out unless someone with a better TV can make it out more then I can.

For the ghosts, went looking for videos on the web or pictures and got nothing. I went looking around where i saw it as well as other people claimeed they did too and they must have been camera shy because I couldn't get a picture for the life of me... but decide to scare the crap outta me when my camera is not ready >:(

I think it would be better suited for a capture card so I'll try and get some when I head to my buddies house this weekend and try and get some footage using his.