Verruckt connection? Is one of the marines "Tank" Dempsey

I just got Verruckt completing the DLC trilogy of NZ and I have been listening to the marine you play. Every thing he says is oddly familiar to a later character, "Tank" Dempsey.

This is how I'm seeing it. NDU occurs but is passed by and they send another group to investigate after the loss of the flight crew. This group ends up in Verruckt and when the power goes out and it all goes to hell. All except one escape alive with the story and information that leads to Shi No Numa. This Marine that escapes barely is the "Tank".

My reasoning to this is that when you look at the mission start of Verruckt. The date is September, 1945. "Tank" is said to have become a hero in the Pacific war but between the end of the war and September is more than enough time to get him to germany. And after the mysterious events of NDU they probably had evidence that pointed to something worthy of the Tank's reputation.

Also note that in later maps we here the message that the Asylum was over run NOT that all the men died.

Another thing is why is Tank the only one who suspects Richtofen of anything. Is it because he found a connection to him from Peter or perhaps an old experiment file.

Also note that in SNN and Der Reise it doesn't give a date when you start. So there could be a decent amount of time between Verruckt and the others. I'm not saying a unGodly long time but maybe a year or so? This could explain the change in the Tank between Verruckt and SNN. Maybe?

If this Theory was discussed on the old site or I missed something like something saying the team of Verruckt died please correct me. And remember this is just my theory.

Edit:

Another thing I add to this theory. Maybe Verruckt is where Nikolia comes in. Everyone knows that us and the Soviets weren't buddy buddy, so why is there a Russian there. In Nikolai's Bio it says he was a radical communist who was in competition with Stalin. They got rid of him by putting him on the front line for the whole war. This means that he would have probably been near Berlin where Verruckt is.

Maybe Nikolai and Dempsey met there at some point before they were overrun and forced to escape. This could be why Nikolai is there. Maybe?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you listen to the audio files in Verruckt, the green persons lines are almost the same as tanks, and the way he say freakbags also strengthens this. I always thought that tank was something else, not peter, but someone that was in about how zombies are like.

EDIT: i get what you mean, it gives me a really great though of how he could escape from one zombie hell to another, ect.

Peter was mentioned by me as to why he suspects Richtofen and besides other locations have added to the information that peter isn't the Tank. Also I remembered that on Der Riese that he occasionally starts the match by saying," We need to turn the power on, how original." Like he had to do it before. I think He was at Verruckt as one of the unnamed marines.

well the same guy that voices the marines in verruckt has sound files in map pack 3 for der riese, - he says all the characters lines (tank, richtofen, nikolia, and takeo) in his normal voice, just with accents, if anybody has the game for pc you can check out the files with winRAR in ".../main/localized_english_iw6" inside that, go to sound/voiceovers/zombie/dlc3/" plr0, 1, 2, or 3. Then the voices you hear in game are files player0, 1, 2, and 3. They might have just used sound filters to alter the original guys voice, but who knows.

They might have just used sound filters to alter the original guys voice, but who knows.

I understand what your saying but I'm not really talking about the voices but the dialogue. Like in Verruckt the marine says "Try not to bleed on me!" While Dempsey says in the same situation,"You just got dead flesh on my new boots!" And also both have a discrepancy for shotties. In Verruckt you pick up a shot gun and he says,"I got a shotgun!" Or something along the lines of gutting them. When Dempsey gets one he says,"Nothing Says i love you quite like a shotgun." or something about tearing them to pieces. While NOT the same they are very similar. Also the use of similar words like Maggotbag, Maggotwhore, and Freakbag the most commonly heard and all very similar. Also the voice change could be due to simple age or whatever. Also he speaks more in later maps because after the first near death situation against zombies why not yell more ferociously and bravely, and possibly because he became a character with a name.

I GOT EVIDENCE!!! In Shi NO Numa if you play the easter egg with Dempsey he sarcastically asks if there going to put an easter egg song in every map now. And in Verruckt if you flush a toilet 3 times it plays an easter egg song so maybe he really was in Verruckt. Thumbs up if this helps any! [brains]