Barebones playlist - WIN or FAIL?

Just interested, I only discovered this the other night whilst I was bumming around and bored and I discovered I really like it, no killstreaks whatsoever means no C4K (camping for killstreaks), and I think it improves the game loads.

Let me know your thoughts, have you tried it and do you like it? 8-)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barebones for the win!!! I only play Barebones Pro (not Objectives) cuz I only like Domination and CTF. Infinity Ward finally fixed killstreaks --- by taking them away. Plus, most people that play barebones are either noobs that don't know what it is, or really skilled players.

I like both barebones and regular core mode and I usually split my time between the two.

I suppose even this limited form of "barebones" is better than nothing, so I won't hold it against them on that point. The only other thing I didn't like that IW did with barebones is how they lumped all objective types in one mode and then ffa/tdm in the other. Other than that, I have a pretty good time playing those modes.

most people that play barebones are either noobs that don't know what it is, or really skilled players.

Lol, maybe that's why I enjoyed it!

Seriously I found that people tend to work together more because they are not worried about camping out for 1 more kill for a harrier and so on. Much better teamwork. Did see a lot more noobs tho.

I never play it, it isen't true barebones. If it was bare bones there would be no attachments, perks, ect. If you look at the PS3 player counts, there are like 700 people usually playing each one. Capture the flag would usually have like 2,500 players. I wish they would have kept that.

I never play it, it isen't true barebones. If it was bare bones there would be no attachments, perks, ect. If you look at the PS3 player counts, there are like 700 people usually playing each one. Capture the flag would usually have like 2,500 players. I wish they would have kept that.

I read somewhere on the xbox forums that it was stated by one of the Treyarch devs that they couldn't do a true "barebones" because of the difficulty involved in disabling gun attachments*. If this is the same case for IW, then to balance out some of the gun attachments, namely heartbeat sensor and thermal, they had to include perks. So then IW gives us barebones pro.

As far as CTF is concerned, what IW should have done is get rid of the map pack play lists and kept CTF. I agree that they shoudl have CTF on the main list.

* I can't give a link because that site is now blocked at work, lol

I read somewhere on the xbox forums that it was stated by one of the Treyarch devs that they couldn't do a true "barebones" because of the difficulty involved in disabling gun attachments*. If this is the same case for IW, then to balance out some of the gun attachments, namely heartbeat sensor and thermal, they had to include perks. So then IW gives us barebones pro.

As far as CTF is concerned, what IW should have done is get rid of the map pack play lists and kept CTF. I agree that they shoudl have CTF on the main list.

* I can't give a link because that site is now blocked at work, lol

Hmm thats weird. And im not too worried about CTF being gone, because 402 has said they will re add it once they get rid of the resurgence playlists. The really stupid thing about this whole playlist situation is that they have to keep getting rid of older modes because they dont want to reformat the menu since they are out of room. They could have just made it like how you go through core hardcore and map pack playlists in w@w.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the Barebones playlists over all the others. Mostly because the insane amount of killstreaks is my biggest issue with this game. These playlists eliminated some (not all) camping. You know the peeps that sit and hide for that nuke.

I would have liked to have seen attachments and perks also removed but oh well. Can't have everything.

I haven't even bothered trying it because barely anyone plays it.

I never have a problem matchmaking or waiting to get in games, always pretty quick. I guess if you are online with mates that might impact tho.

Any substantiation on the hack? I've not seen it, has anyone experienced it, what happens? Suspect that would get fixed pretty quickly as it's a major flaw.