GkNova6 actionscript analysis

agaguk

I analyzed the actionscript for the gknova6 website. You can get it here. Here are all the interesting things I found:

First of all there are about 200 lines of code simply to adjust the color/contrast/hue settings. Perhaps we should try viewing the website with different settings.

There are a lot of mathematical operations in the code, which I personally have no idea why they are there. Here are the most interesting lines I could find. Perhaps we can do something with those numbers:

return v1 * Math.pow(2, -10 * t) * Math.sin((t * d - v5) * 6.283185307179586 / v3) + c + b;
}
v5 = (v3 / 6.283185307179586) * Math.asin(c / v1);
return v1 * Math.pow(2, -10 * t) * Math.sin((t * d - v5) * 6.283185307179586 / v3) + c + b;
if (!v1 || v1 
            v1 = c;
v5 = v3 / 4;
} else {
v5 = (v3 / 6.283185307179586) * Math.asin(c / v1);
if (t 
            t -= 1;
return -0.5 * (v1 * Math.pow(2, 10 * t) * Math.sin((t * d - v5) * 6.283185307179586 / v3)) + b;
}
t -= 1;
return v1 * Math.pow(2, -10 * t) * Math.sin((t * d - v5) * 6.283185307179586 / v3) * 0.5 + c + b;
};

I have reasons to believe that those are just to position the different objects, since it appears that from the way this was coded, no GUI was used, it was all written from the ground up.

I also found a call for the file Main_TV_2.flv, which can be obtained at http://www.gknova6.com/Main_TV_2.flv Even though it looks like the (second?) transmission, it looks like it's longer. There is no sound unfortunately. That's all I found for the moment, I will keep looking.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will keep looking if I can find the meaning to those letters. TopFighter, thanks for checking that. It confuses me a bit because it has a completely different code than all the other transmissions, yet it achieves the same purpose. I will look into that too :D As for all those letters and numbers, that's nothing: There's a total of about 3000 lines of code into that whole thing. About 99% of that is completely useless to us, and that other 1% is very, very well camouflaged :)

I can read that perfectly, but it doesn't make sense without anything else with it, v1, v2, etc... all those that are being multiplied by the other stuff and what-not, they are all integer variables, the "return" means that that method is being called by another method, if we could figure out what this method was named, then it might make sense. I could explain what all those meant, but then people would just be like, "Ok? it's just math..." so i'm not going to explain it. can I ask where this was found? i don't really follow GkNova6 until I just read that, and knew that it is Java, and I can read it perfectly.

hey did i give you the idea of checking this? lol, i suggested somebody look over the action script on gknova6 over on the gk not solved thread haha jw

You sure did lol. I remembered I had seen an actionscript decompiler and I said why not...

Triixster, I could've posted the other parts, but it would've been very long and very few people could have understood. I posted a link to the text file with the whole thing, go ahead and check it out if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

function playWeek7() {

main_mc.week1_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.week2_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.week3_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.week5_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.week6_mc._visible = false;

main_mc.weekSector_mc._visible = true;

week1_sound.stop();

week2_sound.stop();

week3_sound.stop();

week4_sound.stop();

week5_sound.stop();

week6_sound.stop();

week7_sound.start();

main_mc.nav_mc.btn1.gotoAndStop(1);

main_mc.nav_mc.btn2.gotoAndStop(1);

main_mc.nav_mc.btn3.gotoAndStop(1);

main_mc.nav_mc.btn4.gotoAndStop(1);

main_mc.nav_mc.btn5.gotoAndStop(1);

main_mc.nav_mc.btn7.gotoAndStop(2);

main_mc.wave_mc.gotoAndPlay(1);

main_mc.monitor_mc.static_tv._visible = false;

main_mc.monitor_mc.soundwave_mc._alpha = 0;

This is the coding for the last week i think its near the bottom of the page anyway what if you changed the false ones to true?

function playWeek7() {

This is the coding for the last week i think its near the bottom of the page anyway what if you changed the false ones to true?

The TRUE/FALSE settings simply turn on or off (Make visible or invisible) various images within the SWF-Flash App.

You can tell what happened in function PlayWeek1-6() of the ActionScript - when the various buttons became active. It's nothing special really. At Week 7, the TV Knob function activated and allowed the Password Screen to appear ".visible = true;" when someone turns it 90 degrees, etc.

function playWeek7() {

The TRUE/FALSE settings simply turn on or off (Make visible or invisible) various images within the SWF-Flash App.

You can tell what happened in function PlayWeek1-6() of the ActionScript - when the various buttons became active. It's nothing special really. At Week 7, the TV Knob function activated and allowed the Password Screen to appear ".visible = true;" when someone turns it 90 degrees, etc.

I knew that i am just wondering if you can make comething true that has always been falso so far?