Black Ops DLC NOT made by Treyarch???

tlc7011

ok guys i just found this link: http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php?s ... ck-Ops-DLC ummmm.... i really hope this is just some stupid rumor because there is no way another developer can do it as good as treyarch! i only posted this because i didn't see any other post about this topic. the article on the website is kinda old. i couldn't find any more info on the net related to this either. anybody have any comments? i hope someone can shine some light on this information.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure thats a fake 'cause in one interview one of the treyarch producers said that they will support the game also after its release (= DLC) but raven does great work on their games like singularity but thats a fake for sure

This is actually most likely true. A little known fact is that some of the maps in the w@w map packs were made by some other smaller developer. But the nazi zombie maps were most likely still made by treyarch. Activison did this so treyarch wouldn't fall behind on black ops. And from what i heard from carbon and others, there was supposed to be a map pack 4 with only zombie maps, but that was canceled so treyarch would have more time to work on black ops.

Yep. Its probably true. Its a little more prevelant than a little known fact though. Treyarch Hired a Seperate team, not an entirely seperate developer, to help with the DLC. Treyarch developers oversaw Every Little Detail, and had a hand in Designing the maps themselves. The Extra team hired on was mainly just for the leg work, the actual creation of the maps like coding and other things.

So Don't freak out so much, the seperate team is pretty much part of Treyarch, and Treyarch will personally design the maps or whatever DLC they have in mind, just not actually create it.

http://callofduty.com/CoDWW

If you go to the above link you will see at the bottom of the page that four other studios are listed. You can go to each studios site for more information on what involvement each studio had in WaW.

Did Raven studios develop Wolfenstein?

Either way I think the best thing to do is let Treyarch bring the game to release and then see how it plays.

I will be purchasing BO regardless of zombies or who made this or that, because I have so far enjoyed what I have played in the COD series. I am also looking forward to seeing the 3rd person COD title from Sledgehammer, I may not like it....but I wont be able to give my opinion until I have tried it.

lol FAKE !

Think you will find that Raven are confirmed to be working with Treyarch to some degree on BO. Does it really matter either way is the real question that should be asked. The answer to that question is NO.

lol TRUE!

That article says " Black Ops' DLC Mappacks wil NOT be produced by the game's developer, Treyarch" so thats why I said Fake, because it is total BS

the article i found made it out like treyarch wouldn't have much of anything to do with any dlc but according to what most of the people here have said it won't be a big deal. like i said before, as long as treyarch has their hands on it in some way i'm good.

Alot the W@W maps were made by Certain Affinity , though all creative and art directive came from Treyarch.

Certain Affinity made all the big maps that I dislike, only maps they made that I like are Subpens and Banzai.

http://www.certainaffinity.com/callofduty/screenshots/

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... d&start=10 (Scroll down a bit to see JD_2020 post) if you cant find it....here:

To help clarify Certain Affinity's role, they are part of what we consider our "extended family." They helped create some of the Map Pack levels. However, the production was headed up right here at Treyarch Studios, with all creative and art directive coming from within these walls =).

We just have a busy schedule these days, and lean to our very capable partners whenever possible. They do great work!

What I don't want to see happen is the guys and gals here at Treyarch who designed some of the most popular levels from the ground-up being marginalized via forum trolling - so while Certain Affinity played a role in the development of some of our MP levels, it would have been vastly different without our wonderful development teams here at the studio.

Regards,

-JD