GKNova6 unsolved?

causeidm

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey if anybody know's how to read action script we could figure out for sure what is in the current version of the gknova6 site.... i have the entire site decompiled but i am terrible at reading code...

I've been following this whole thing for a while now and I'm quite amazed. I can read actionscript, only problem is I only have Flash MX at home which only supports actionscript 1.0. If you can extract it and send it to me in a text file, just PM me an I'll check it out.

Alright, well I ran a quick search on google using site:gknova6.com and I got this: http://gknova6.com/password.php as well as that: http://gknova6.com/jfk/ I also extracted the actionscript from "station.swf" which appears to be the main file. The only problem I'm having is that it appears that it's a mix of javascript and flash, which makes it much harder to read.

The fact that there is only one password on that page confirms that there's no "secret password" or anything of the kind. Only thing that confuses me is that it's not the same password... I tried entering that one but it didnt accept it

Edit once again: I looked at the action script code, and their is a "week 7". I will find a place to host all the text, as it's too long to post on the forums (It's a 118 kb file, which means around 120 000 characters). As soon as I find a spot, I will upload it. Here's the string of code that shows it (It can be seen at a few other places, but this one says the file name :D)

week7_sound.loadSound('transmission7.mp3', false);
week7_sound.onSoundComplete = function () {
week7_sound.start(0, 999);

Transmition7 is just the audio of the guy breathing and background noise, about 46 seconds worth.

if you go to www.gknova6.com/transmission7.mp3 you can download the whole file. I just did.

I think the reason the password is giving you trouble is that it looks like it's encrypting/decrypting it. Common to do with passwords. I noticed this function decrypt(str)

for the most part though it looks like most of the script is to handle transitions with the tweener class, I'll keep looking at it, but I think it's as mikeh says and they will only be loading up resources as they are ready.

i'm shocked no one has said they are doing an audio/spectral analysis of the morse code audio clips from the live drop. (I don't have the software or i would have...)

Really? Are you sure? I would think that would have been one of the first things done to it.

I was watching Covert Affairs today(new spy show on USA) amd they had a show based on this kid who discovered some code on an old number station. I guess number stations were cold war era radio spy station things. Anyway when they showed the radio station talking it sounded exactly like the GkNova6 site. Exactly. It had the crappy music and then scratchy voice sayin numbers in a slow methodical pattern. I was like Holy Sh%t!

I don't know what it means to you guys but maybe GkNova6 is a Number station Broadcast. Thanks for reading and sorry if somebody already mentioned this.

i think what we are missing is right in front of us, we are looking too hard. it is like looking in a fridge for 5 minutes ot being able to find what you are looking for, then you come back later, open the fridge and go" oh my god, it was right there!" we have to look and see what is in front of us.

i think what we are missing is right in front of us, we are looking too hard. it is like looking in a fridge for 5 minutes ot being able to find what you are looking for, then you come back later, open the fridge and go" oh my god, it was right there!" we have to look and see what is in front of us.

hahah thats happened to me lol but yah some people are just taking little things and overlooking them..if that makes sense