Beta Questions

Sigint

Ok, so i have a questions about it myself, and that is: Will there we a Beta for all consoles?

i have a PS3 and i will be pissed if it is xbox exclusive

post any other questions you have here about the beta for members to explain if they have heard anything

(i know a thread has already has probably been made about the beta but since it has died down i made this one)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont know, imo they would probably introduce a beta for all consoles to test servers/glitches etc.

ps: the map packs for the next 2 years made by activision will be out on ***box 1 month before ps3 so thats a fail for us.

you don't have to hate on the xbox because of that. hate on activision because of that. i have an xbox, and i agree that it's stupid. but to the beta question. I figure, since it's treyarch, they are smarter than infinity ward and will put out a beta on all consoles.

I do hope they have an ALL PLATFORM BETA, ... and they keep it open till school starts in August, to keep us interested. I'm still pretty pissed over the exclusivity time thing, but I don't think it HAS to be a month. It just said Microsoft paid for a Timed Exclusivity... Hopefully they are cheaper then $15 bucks too... I do hope Treyarch employees read this forum, cuz we are their hardcore fans with great suggestions...

/end half-rant.

ps: the map packs for the next 2 years made by activision will be out on ***box 1 month before ps3 so thats a fail for us.

Actually you should be hating on Sony, Microsoft have paid up to get the exclusive 1 month early, Sony, despite being behind in the console race, have decided that they don't need this kind of exclusive and so haven't bothered. None of it is to do with Treyarch, it's not like they have said, hmm ibble dibble dogs dibble Xbox is best. :x SCE :x

ps: the map packs for the next 2 years made by activision will be out on***box 1 month before ps3 so thats a fail for us.

Actually you should be hating on Sony, Microsoft have paid up to get the exclusive 1 month early, Sony, despite being behind in the console race, have decided that they don't need this kind of exclusive and so haven't bothered. None of it is to do with Treyarch, it's not like they have said, hmm ibble dibble dogs dibble Xbox is best. :x SCE :x

I wasn't starting a flame war both consoles are the same w/e. I'm most annoyed with activision and sony Microsoft were just doing there job for more sales. But its easier to call it Xbox than explain myself so derp.

Besides, it means that Treyarch have a whole month to fix glitches before us PS3fags start playin :P And is it more likely that if there is a beta, it will be fore people who have pre ordered? and aprox how long will it be out for

Beta isn't always about servers though, a lot of it is about testing physics and gameplay mechanics, if one game is a port of the other then in theory there is no point in testing both, it will just cost more. Not that I am in favour of single console Beta, quite the opposite.

good point re the timing I'd not really thought of that. IDK.

Re the numbers I guess they might have 20/50/100 people in a closed beta test looking for glitches (limited due to cost), compared to an open Beta which might have what 50,000/100,000/200,000 game freaks banging away at it 24/7 with some looking to boost/cheat/hack. Look at the recent COD release and you see how quick hacks and cheats proliferate around the community and then get shut down (hopefully).

I'm talking from a position of absolutely zero actual knowledge by the way, just guess work. Would be interested to know the thoughts of anyone who is/has done testing or who knows anyone who has.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah the PS3's would be more polished up because whenever they release DLC there is always some bugs/glitches so when it comes out for PS3 it should be bug free

nothing is ever bug free, there will always be bugs, by the time it gets to us on PS3, there might be 1 update which fixes a few bugs, but there is always bugs in games, just too many to fix without causing others to show up, you can only fix as many as you can.

ps: the map packs for the next 2 years made by activision will be out on***box 1 month before ps3 so thats a fail for us.

Besides, it means that Treyarch have a whole month to fix glitches before us PS3fags start playin :P And is it more likely that if there is a beta, it will be fore people who have pre ordered? and aprox how long will it be out for

Might wana change the red text mate. :lol:

Actually it's for the next three years :P

I think activision/xbox have something in the works.

Something bigger than DLC.

But back on topic, the Beta most likely will be for all platforms. I don't see why not, they gotta test the servers for all of em.

i think the next cod like someone else said will be 360 exclusive more people will switch to 360 since cod is such a big franchise now