My Killstreak Ideas

Faust

My idea for customizable killstreaks in the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops!

3 Kills:

Radar

Jammer

4 Kills:

Care Package (deployed via a Chinook)

Artillery Strike

5 Kills:

Manned Sentrey Gun

JADAM Missle

6 Kills:

Light Directional Airstrike (Sent in by radio)

Anti-Tank Long-Range Missle

7 Kills:

Napalm Airstrike

Hewey Gunship

8 Kills:

Emergency Airdrop

Orange Agent (an origional project desined to destroy the jungles by killing plant life, a c-130 will release a poison gas across the map that would give the entire enemy team the effects of Tabin gas fom WaW for thirty seconds.)

9 Kills:

Carpet Bomb (Throw Red smoke towards the enemy position and run like hell! Friendly Ardvarck or MiG bombers will drop a massive explosive on the position of the smoke screen.)

Jolly Green Giant Helicopter

11 kills:

AC-130

Cobra Rocket Gunner (Fires rockets, aka, not the same as a Chopper Gunner)

15 Kills:

Joint-Strike (The unicorn. Vary vary vary rare. Several fighter jets release several bombs across the map from F-15s to Phantoms, all will drop bombs across the map an kill everyone outside of a solid bunker. Not as extensive as a tactical nuke, but it will cause complete choas!)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Trying to be a mean guy or anything, BUT:

No Controllable Killstreaks like the AC-130 or the Chopper Gunner. They are as much to blame for the disaster that is modern warfare 2 as anything else.

Care package & Emergency Drop only if they drop Weapons and Ammo. Not if they magically give another killstreak.

Also, I hope they don't go higher than 7. Anything more than that will encourage more Killstreak Camping. Yet another Game ruiner.

No Controllable Killstreaks like the AC-130 or the Chopper Gunner. They are as much to blame for the disaster that is modern warfare 2 as anything else.

Care package & Emergency Drop only if they drop Weapons and Ammo. Not if they magically give another killstreak.

Also, I hope they don't go higher than 7. Anything more than that will encourage more Killstreak Camping. Yet another Game ruiner.

You might be right but... hear me out. At least with a controlable killstreak the controler is left volnerable on the ground. I'd rather have that than a centeral helicopter in the center of the map. Plus, we all hate Infinty Ward, but there comes a time when you cross the line of Mw2 sucks to Treyarch blind fanboy-ism. I sort of like the 7+ killstreaks. Otherwise, you'd have a super-powerful killstreak out after only a seven killstreak. 7+ kills meens more variaty. I agree with you about the EA & CPs though. They should only (A) drop ammo or (B) drop a random weapon with no weapon attachment. Especially considering that killstreak won't add to your killstreak anymore. As with the AC-130, I was think if it could work like an actillary strike, where you could call in the strike that would last about as long as the controlable one in Mw2. As for the Cobra Rocket gunner... well, it was eather that or a chain gun, and we know how well that's worked out.... :facepalm:

I'd have to say though, if I could take my pick of all the killstreaks here, it would be a Napalm Strike, Orange Agent, and then a Carpet Bomb.

EDIT:

I also played with the idea of having Phantom Strike replace a Harrior Strike.

Actually, Treyarch confirmed they stopped killstreak camping. You get an airstrike and get 6 kills with it, you still have to shoot two people to get dogs :) Problemo Solved :)

Actually, Treyarch confirmed they stopped killstreak camping. You get an airstrike and get 6 kills with it, you still have to shoot two people to get dogs :) Problemo Solved :)

I really hope it works out like that, But I seriously doubt that it will. If the Killstreaks go higher than 7, and if there are controllable killstreak rewards, All that this "solution" will do Is encourage all the douchers to Camp THAT Much Harder.

If their killstreak-kills don't count towards their killstreak rewards, then they say "Hey I have to camp here for another 10 kills so I can get my retardo 15 killstreak reward."

[You might be right but... hear me out. At least with a controlable killstreak the controler is left volnerable on the ground. I'd rather have that than a centeral helicopter in the center of the map. Plus, we all hate Infinty Ward, but there comes a time when you cross the line of Mw2 sucks to Treyarch blind fanboy-ism. I sort of like the 7+ killstreaks. Otherwise, you'd have a super-powerful killstreak out after only a seven killstreak. 7+ kills meens more variaty. I agree with you about the EA & CPs though. They should only (A) drop ammo or (B) drop a random weapon with no weapon attachment. Especially considering that killstreak won't add to your killstreak anymore. As with the AC-130, I was think if it could work like an actillary strike, where you could call in the strike that would last about as long as the controlable one in Mw2. As for the Cobra Rocket gunner... well, it was eather that or a chain gun, and we know how well that's worked out.... :facepalm:

True, but maybe one out of 25 kills will be from someone who's controlling their killstreak. There should be no Controllable killstreaks. With this time period, it really shouldn't even be possible anyway.

There is a ton of opportunity for variety with the 3-5-7 set up. Anything higher than that will simply encourage camping, no matter how Treyarch tweaks it. And who ever said you had to have an all-powerful killstreak reward? No killstreak reward should be more powerful than an A.I Helicopter or dogs.

killstreaks altogether ruin the game. Killstreaks should go up to 7, 10 at the max and have the ability to earn the player an extra 3-5 kills max. any more is stupid as it takes no skill to camp then press left or right and receive 10+ kills from some stupid harrier or shit.

make lobies with no killstreaks, also make sniper only lobies. do et

• 2 weeks later...

It is because it is your opinion, bit the list you ended with is just completer sh*t.

you are giving mw2 killstreaks in vietnam style which is pretty strange because it is not only set in vietnam.

also you have pretty much of the same killstreaks, huey and that pavelow.(not huwey, same for sentry gun not sentrey gun)

A anti-tank missile? it is like the javelin in Mw2, useless and there are not comming tanks in the multiplayer so why do we need it?

The killstreaks in MW2 made the game suck and for me it had to much of the same and the killstreaks are unrealistic...i mean what the hell!? a harrier (not harrior) that is hovering above enemies and that low! i would like to see robert bowling doing that in afgahnistan let's see how fast he is shot down!

I do hope they make killstreaks for max 15 killstreak, realistic, not overpowered, and not 25 options for a 15 streak.

I've got an idea that will probably get rid of killstreak camping but also let you enjoy a 3,5,7 but still want a 15 killstreak.

Once you get your 7 killstreak when you shoot 3 more people you get radar again then at 12 kills you get another airstrike and at 15 you get another chopper and so on and on until you die

Not a bad Idea.

But then again, Say you have a 28 killstreak in World at War, you can be 99% positive that other than boosting or really really hardcore camping,(neither of which are that common when compared to modern warfare) that 28 killstreak was acquired by skill with relatively little help from killstreaks. Thats because killstreaks ended at 7 kills.

In modern warfare 2 on the other hand. Does it really even matter what your killstreak is? Boosting and all other forms of cheating aside, it is extremely easy to get a 30 plus killstreak. Why? because of the Killstreaks.

Killstreaks should not be controllable and should stop at 7 period.

MW2 has totally turned me against killstreaks, and for this reason i think it would be kinda cool (maybe not for the entire game but for a certain game type) if instead of killstreaks you got attatchments. in the story mode, you often get weapons with sights, silencers and 203's..so why not in multiplayer? there could be a be a gametype which is a bit like a bare bones playlist, where you have no attatchments or perks, and by getting kills you get an attatchment and a perk, the higher killstreak the higher addition to your kit. you could also have it so that the player has to choose whether they want an attatchment for their weapon system or a perk..for example

3 kills - red dot sight/steady aim

5 kills - silencer/sleight of hand

7 kills - 203/stopping power

it might just be me who thinks this would be good but i dunno..tell me what you think

problem. theres this thing called hardcore. and some off these realeasing gasses and or explosions aacross the entire map would destroy not just the enemy but your own team too.

thats half the fun, there would have to be like a siren or something that goes off. Then you knoe to get inside, or die :p

You get Kicked on the Xbox As Well. At least in World at War, modern warfare 2 has the retardo hardcore ricochet.

I never had a problem with killstreaks getting me kicked in World at War, probably because they weren't ridiculously powerful or controllable.

Actually. . . In World at War Killstreaks don't get you Kicked. Even Better, so I'm sure it will be the same situation in Black Ops.

What he said and also to add they already tried a manned sentry turret and said they really didnt like the way it played out so they scrapped it

I think you should also be able to customize your 3,5,7 killstreaks.

little off-topic:

1. I like IW, just they fucked up MW2.

2. How about no killstreaks?

Totally in agreement love CoD4 and loved the MW2 storyline & spec ops(yes i love spec ops and anyone who can help me do wetwork on veteran for 360 plz send an invite to my gamertag 'biblibob') the only thing bad about MW2 is the multiplayer. And WaW is amazing and I think IW could make a comeback if and only if they do a major overhaul on the MP.

Totally in agreement love CoD4 and loved the MW2 storyline & spec ops(yes i love spec ops and anyone who can help me do wetwork on veteran for 360 plz send an invite to my gamertag 'biblibob') the only thing bad about MW2 is the multiplayer. And WaW is amazing and I think IW could make a comeback if and only if they do a major overhaul on the MP.

Completely Agree With Ya There.

In terms of killstreaks, i'd love if the Stealth Bomber returned! That thing is just so cool!

I agree with most of you. Killstreak camping sucks. These are all just all the ideas I could come up with at the time. As for the Hardcore issue. Hehehe. Gasing your own men actually sounds fun! :lol:

And as for YOU!

It is because it is your opinion, bit the list you ended with is just completer sh*t.

you are giving mw2 killstreaks in vietnam style which is pretty strange because it is not only set in vietnam.

also you have pretty much of the same killstreaks, huey and that pavelow.(not huwey, same for sentry gun not sentrey gun)

A anti-tank missile? it is like the javelin in Mw2, useless and there are not comming tanks in the multiplayer so why do we need it?

The killstreaks in MW2 made the game suck and for me it had to much of the same and the killstreaks are unrealistic...i mean what the hell!? a harrier (not harrior) that is hovering above enemies and that low! i would like to see robert bowling doing that in afgahnistan let's see how fast he is shot down!

I do hope they make killstreaks for max 15 killstreak, realistic, not overpowered, and not 25 options for a 15 streak.

Most of the weapons used today WERE developed during the cold war. And yes, a anti-tank missle. In Ace Combat they called it the Magnum. It was a long range air to ground missle that had lage blast but a controled explosion. You want to take out a bunker in one blow without causing colatural damage to surrounding buildings, but still turn to poulation of the crater you just made to zero? Bring in the magnum.