GKNOVA Dead Drop

Shizzire

you're gonna stretch it out just like what was done with the gknova6 site? of your own free will? riiiiiight. did a zombie eat part of your brain while you've been there or something?

just dump it all on us at once, we can handle it.

But...if he does stretch it out, than it'll have more suspense, give us more things to do, and it'll be easier to process, rather than just dumping it on us and it being confusing to us at first...idk it is really up to carbon not to us...i guess...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're gonna stretch it out just like what was done with the gknova6 site? of your own free will? riiiiiight. did a zombie eat part of your brain while you've been there or something?

But...if he does stretch it out, than it'll have more suspense, give us more things to do, and it'll be easier to process, rather than just dumping it on us and it being confusing to us at first...idk it is really up to carbon not to us...i guess...

how? if he can deal with it all right now then why cant we?

i hope the "power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely" hasn't come true on carbon, would be a shame to have a super power moderating our exposure other than that of treyarch (unless he has been otherwise instructed to do so)

you're gonna stretch it out just like what was done with the gknova6 site? of your own free will? riiiiiight. did a zombie eat a part of your [brains] while you've been there or something?

how? if he can deal with it all right now then why cant we?

i hope the "power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely" hasn't come true on carbon, would be a shame to have a super power moderating our exposure other than that of treyarch (unless he has been otherwise instructed to do so)

Maybe there was a note in the case instructing him to stretch it out, but not to disclose that there was a note instructing him. I hope that would be the only reason he would seemingly stretch it out on us of his own free will.

AS much as I dislike the idea of stretching it out (especially if it's as awesome as you say it is, carbon, then we should have no problem figuring things out with it until the 2th especially since there seems to be a quite a lot anyway), we are not in the position to argue as you have the briefcase, I sure hope you know what you are doing.

I will say this.... I will not be just flat out releasing these documents. Over a period of time I shall disclose via a method I have yet to decide upon. In my mind this is the best route to go. If I lay this all on u at once ur heads will explode after you pee yourself. This way we can extend this. But don't worry everything else will be photographed and I will recall the entire night for u all tomorrow.

Carbonfibah, you are wrong.

This game has been a cooperative effort since receiving the original USB drive. Refusing to release the information at once is anti-cooperative and contradicts the entire point of the game. Also, gradually releasing information is the job of the PM, and not you. To hesitate to release the information is a thinly-veiled attempt at putting yourself in a position of greater authority and power. Furthermore, while also implying that you think you're somehow better than us, masking this intention with such a poor excuse as "if I lay this all on u at once ur heads will explode after you pee yourself" is extremely insulting to the community that has solved this game with you.

The community has a right to see the contents of the drop without further deliberate delay.

I will say this.... I will not be just flat out releasing these documents. Over a period of time I shall disclose via a method I have yet to decide upon. In my mind this is the best route to go. If I lay this all on u at once ur heads will explode after you pee yourself. This way we can extend this. But don't worry everything else will be photographed and I will recall the entire night for u all tomorrow.

This game has been a cooperative effort since receiving the original USB drive. Refusing to release the information at once is anti-cooperative and contradicts the entire point of the game. Also, gradually releasing information is the job of the PM, and not you. To hesitate to release the information is a thinly-veiled attempt at putting yourself in a position of greater authority and power. Furthermore, masking this intention with such a poor excuse as "if I lay this all on u at once ur heads will explode after you pee yourself" is extremely insulting to the community that has solved this game with you. It also implies that you think you're somehow better than us.

The community has a right to see the contents of the drop without further deliberate delay.

I agree, even though, carbonfibah, you are in a position to withhold this from us, many of us seem to agree you should release it all at once when you have the opportunity.

if the document s are a puzzle that go in order then going step by step so we can resolve it would be fine with me :D

just dont make us wait too long in between solving each step ;)

well yeah, that would make sense. But seeing as Carbon said he's choosing to do it this way, I don't think it's set up step by step. Otherwise he would've just told us that it had to be done step by step.

I guess we'll see whether it was truly necessary to stretch it out once we start digging through the info.

I'm curious though. Is this just intel for us to learn more about our enemies or allies, or is it a message in puzzle form?

This game has been a cooperative effort since receiving the original USB drive. Refusing to release the information at once is anti-cooperative and contradicts the entire point of the game. Also, gradually releasing information is the job of the PM, and not you. To hesitate to release the information is a thinly-veiled attempt at putting yourself in a position of greater authority and power. Furthermore, masking this intention with such a poor excuse as "if I lay this all on u at once ur heads will explode after you pee yourself" is extremely insulting to the community that has solved this game with you. It also implies that you think you're somehow better than us.

Take it easy bud. There's no point in stating your opinion in such a violent manner. Though you might feel that his decision isn't the right one, it could very well be the best decision for the community as a whole. And just so you know, Carbon does have the power and authority to do this, and he IS doing it. If you have any more disputes about this, please contact me via Private Message.

This game has been a cooperative effort since receiving the original USB drive. Refusing to release the information at once is anti-cooperative and contradicts the entire point of the game. Also, gradually releasing information is the job of the PM, and not you. To hesitate to release the information is a thinly-veiled attempt at putting yourself in a position of greater authority and power. Furthermore, while also implying that you think you're somehow better than us, masking this intention with such a poor excuse as "if I lay this all on u at once ur heads will explode after you pee yourself" is extremely insulting to the community that has solved this game with you.

I agree, but it won't let me 'thumbs up' your post. The assumption that we couldn't handle it is a lie, it's definitely not based on fact.

I'd appreciate the truth for why Carbon doesn't want us to see everything at once.

What do you expect it to have said?

"So your forum buddies' heads don't explode after peeing themselves, lay it on them one document at a time."

This is supposed to be a briefcase filled with stolen classified documents. It wouldn't come with a sticky note saying "by the way tell all your friends, but you've got to reveal it one page at a time."

Besides, I just had a delightful private conversation with CovertGunman in which he assured me that this idea was theirs alone.

I am bored. there is nothing new about cod black ops. so what i reckon, is that you definitely stretch it out. if you give it all to us at once then like you said we will probably explode in either anticipation or confusion.

if you spread it out then we get to investigate things for longer which will make the release seem not so far away :D

MKULTRA was an illegal CIA project for mind control and brainwashing, which was later used to try to drug Castro :D This could explain the first part of the teaser when the guy is supposedly being brainwashed and further campaign levels.

Also I agree that the documents should be spread out. If carbon lays it out all at once

then we won't know what to do with ourselves untill nov. 9 so I think giving us suspense and things to solve will help to make that wait feel shorter.

Wow.... I did not realize that by saying those things you would become so upset. I just want to keep gknova going but if u want them all at once then that is what you get. My comment about heads exploding was a joke referring to the massive amount of info in this briefcase. When I get hom I will be doing a incredibly detailed analaysis of everything I have obtained. I don't think I have oe been the person to crack the code for find monumental info to solve a transmission. I was personally contacted and so... for once since gknova6 came I am able to solve something. It is not like I won't show everything. I would only like the chance to write and post my anaylsis before I scan all the images? Is that so wrong to delay a couple hours? If so I won't as the community and you all are so instrumental in this gknova6 project.

My only reasoning to spread out the docs was to keep you all busy until we can tallk about black ops on the 28th but if y'all want them I shall deliver. I wass shocked when I read such negative posts on here and unfiction. I feel like an asshole now and that was not my intention at all. :(

I'm going to bet this is Carbonfibah's first ARG (as it was mine as well). I know if I was in his position I would be completely freaking out, with no idea what to do next. Also as he stated above, he's without EQUIPMENT which is making it difficult to share.

Instead of beating him down, I suggest offering him help.

Carbonfibah, it would be nice to get at least some pics of the relevant info (like the parts that say MrToasty, AzureWolf, and Shizzire!) and anything that might be a code that needs to be decrypted. We can start working on those while waiting for some hi-res scans of the docs.

Carbonfibah - This site is your "baby" so to speak. You were chosen to visit Treyarch Studies and get hands on experience with the new title, meet creators and developers, and what-ever else you got to do. We didn't. If I was in your shoes I would tease people with the info like Treyarch is doing with everyone anyway. You received this info, not us. Therefore you should have the authority to distribute the info as you see fit.

I've always said it and it's in my signature "Patience is a virtue" & "Good things come to those who wait"

My only reasoning to spread out the docs was to keep you all busy until we can tallk about black ops on the 28th but if y'all want them I shall deliver. I wass shocked when I read such negative posts on here and unfiction. I feel like an asshole now and that was not my intention at all. :(

seriously tho, please spread it out so im not waiting all week