Reznov in Black Ops

firevice

OMDZ they're doing what they did with cpt price, this could end up meaning he will be in every cod made by treyarch to come!!!!

Incorrect, they are not just re-inventing the character of Reznov, It is THE VERY SAME Reznov that you knew in World at War.

You can't see the whole uniform, It could easily say U.S.S.R. and the strap is just covering the latter half.

You play as a Russian, on a team led by Reznov. Russia wasn't necassarily a bad guy in every aspect of the Cold War, and they too had "Black Ops" Teams everywhere.

Go to http://blackops.digitalwarfare247.com/news/e3-round-up and click on the top right video. You can clearly see Reznov in the video and talks to you character 'Mason' in english and all that good stuff so yeah.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, You meet Reznov in the Cave and then he goes off All Lone-Russian-Wolf like. Totally BA.

Yeah, totally BA, but for once can they kill of a character in a realistic way, i mean IW did but in a crap way, they wait untill the last few missions then kill everyone off in 1 go

RIP:

SSgt Griggs

Gaz

all the guys at the end of cod4

Roach

Ghost (Gaz? probagbly why he is called Ghost, as he is Gaz' ghost, get it?... F*** you.)

for once I want a realistic death in a game, IW are just making games exiting, in cod 5 polonsky/roebuck and Sullivan die suddenly at a random point, you dont see it coming, like in real wars, take afghan as an example, they lost 3 men when one of an american jet's missiles drifted a few feet and killed them, they just went down, dead before the men reached them, thats realism, not getting shot, then set on fire, then some other guy throwin g a knife out of his chest etc...

It would be a lot more emotional and gripping in the story if your commander was next to you on the battle field and got gunned down/ hit by a fragment, just by a normal soldier.

Anyone seen all quiet on the western front? His commander and him survive all the trench warfare, then on the way to the barracks a stray shell hits the ground and the commander gets clipped, so he carries him to the hospital but he is dead, they say shrapnel got his head while he wqas carrying him, you dont ever see that coming... So if reznov dies ever (please dont :D) make it like that...

To with what Shoreyo is saying, i can remember in the black ops demo you were going through a cave with your leader person and then someone comes out of nowhere and he stabs your commander, and you shoot him in the chest with your magnum. you all remember that? and then the guy who is playing the game walks into a room with only a few guys and just about dies. lol

i wonder if the reznov like person is using the same character model again with a few tweaks. reznov was like 50-60 in WaW and then 30 years later in black ops, i dont think it could possibly be reznov. maybe his son though.

reznov was like 50-60 in WaW and then 30 years later in black ops, i dont think it could possibly be reznov. maybe his son though.

Reznov wasn't that old In World at War, and its only 20 years later. Besides, they've already confirmed that it is THE Very same Reznov voiced by Gary Oldman.

Interesting stuff, I said somewhere else on here that Reznov was a major player for possiable new characters to enter the Zombie side of things.

Maybe the Nazis had some kind of wonderwaffle cache in the Reichstag, I know if I had those weapons I would want them guarding my HQ.

So it begs the question. What did the Russians (Reznov) find at the Reichstag?

The possiabillity is there for a link, back to you Treyarch.

Regards Snake.

• 3 months later...

Is Reznov a Defector, or a spy. I say this because in World at War he was all patriotic and for the Soviet Union. During the Cold War the U.S. was busy tracking down possible communists who were spreading their ideals throughout the states. Some of which were thought to be Spy's working for the KGB. Perhaps he back-stabs you towards the end. :o

That is not a soviet star! Maybe it is the other way around, Reznov is an American spy?

i found something interesting from the launch trailer.

if you look at his left shoulder, you can see a Soviet star(or whatever they're called) but in the mission Victor Charlie he was part of the SOG...soo Russian spy? (oh and please don't flame me if it's something else)

EDIT: reznov'z left, not your left

Is Reznov a Defector, or a spy. I say this because in World at War he was all patriotic and for the Soviet Union. During the Cold War the U.S. was busy tracking down possible communists who were spreading their ideals throughout the states. Some of which were thought to be Spy's working for the KGB. Perhaps he back-stabs you towards the end. :o

well one of the missions is called the defactor so....