Reznov in Black Ops

firevice

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not reznov, they just copied his character, he may be called reznov, but its not the same character

IW has done this a lot:

Cpt Price (most famous one, looks the same since cod1)

Sgt/Cpt Foley (Cpt in cod1 , but had a swap so he could be african american but got demoted to seargent ;) )

There are others but there the main ones i remember

Interesting. This presents the question: Will you play as a Russian?

That would be (for lack of a better term) EPIC! Playing as a member of a Russian Special Forces team. This wouldn't necessarily mean you would fight against Americans, the entire Cold War was a giant battlefield. Russia took part inderectly, or directly, in as many secret missions as, if not more then, America. This could be really cool. And Reznov is pretty BA so it would be sweet if they brought him back some how.

Treyarch also said they had ex Russian Special forces advising them along side members of the SOG. I assumed they would be there to advise enemy tactics, but you know what assuming does. . .

Also, the exact time period Still hasn't been confirmed, just the fact that it spans a long period of time during the Cold War. . . So you still never know what could happen. Maybe it really is Reznov

...but black ops takes place like 20-40 years later, there's no way he'd look the same

they're probably just doing what they did with zakhaev from cod4

Actually he doesn't look the same his hair is turning gray ,plus the Vietnam War began in'54 and ended in '73. That's a big window of time and leaves a lot of room for Reznov as a captain or even still a sergeant and that my friend is why we will probably see him as a character in Black Ops :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :geek:

Post Script :@ Shoreyo since when is Treyarch Infinity Ward?

...but black ops takes place like 20-40 years later, there's no way he'd look the same

they're probably just doing what they did with zakhaev from cod4

Actually he doesn't look the same his hair is turning gray ,plus the Vietnam War began in'54 and ended in '73. That's a big window of time and leaves a lot of room for Reznov as a captain or even still a sergeant and that my friend is why we will probably see him as a character in Black Ops :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :geek:

Post Script :@ Shoreyo since when is Treyarch Infinity Ward?

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST I MENT THAT!!!! im hurt :cry:

I mean that treyarch and IW, however different do do some things in the same way, IW do it to make the old Cod1 fans (like myself) buy the game, treyarch do it cos the old fans ask for it to be done or to make them happy [brains]

• 2 weeks later...

"Josh Olin: Well I can tell you – and again, not to spoil the game – there is one character from World at War who is going to make a return, and that’s Reznov. But I don’t want to tell you what capacity he works in our game, but he has a pretty big part and the players who experienced World at War are going to recognise him. But that’s all I can really disclose right now and believe me, I would love to tell you about the whole game but I just don’t want to spoil that experience because this story is just so rich and deep." - AusGamers interview.

So he has a pretty big part according to jd_2020. Well, they're hardly going to make a fan favourite who was a good guy (aside from his passion for mercilessly slaughtering his enemies I guess... but all things considered that was justifiable) a bad guy, so if that's right then it looks like he won't be on the side of the Soviet Union. According to a couple of previews from journalists who got to play a couple of missions (including the June issue of OXM) he was working with the S.O.G. guys in one mission, so maybe he defected or he's a freedom fighter of some kind, now opposed to the USSR.

OMDZ they're doing what they did with cpt price, this could end up meaning he will be in every cod made by treyarch to come!!!!

Incorrect, they are not just re-inventing the character of Reznov, It is THE VERY SAME Reznov that you knew in World at War.

You can't see the whole uniform, It could easily say U.S.S.R. and the strap is just covering the latter half.

You play as a Russian, on a team led by Reznov. Russia wasn't necassarily a bad guy in every aspect of the Cold War, and they too had "Black Ops" Teams everywhere.

True, but if you look at the type of uniform it looks similar to that used by the U.S. also why would someone who feels so strongly toward their cause cover up the name with a strap.

I still feel that hes defected or has been captured and brainwashed :D

OMDZ they're doing what they did with cpt price, this could end up meaning he will be in every cod made by treyarch to come!!!!

Incorrect, they are not just re-inventing the character of Reznov, It is THE VERY SAME Reznov that you knew in World at War.

You can't see the whole uniform, It could easily say U.S.S.R. and the strap is just covering the latter half.

You play as a Russian, on a team led by Reznov. Russia wasn't necassarily a bad guy in every aspect of the Cold War, and they too had "Black Ops" Teams everywhere.

yeah i know it is the same guy, as price was the same in cod 4 to 6 reznov is the same from cod 5 to 7 but i think maybe after this they might make him apear in other cods as a cameo not as reznov though, ones where he couldn't be alive (like in cod 2 and 1 they had price but he couldnt be in mw and mw2 then

Wouldn't it actually say CCCP or have Russian characters instead?

[brains]

Good point.

So he has a pretty big part according to jd_2020. Well, they're hardly going to make a fan favourite who was a good guy (aside from his passion for mercilessly slaughtering his enemies I guess... but all things considered that was justifiable) a bad guy, so if that's right then it looks like he won't be on the side of the Soviet Union. According to a couple of previews from journalists who got to play a couple of missions (including the June issue of OXM) he was working with the S.O.G. guys in one mission, so maybe he defected or he's a freedom fighter of some kind, now opposed to the USSR.

Indeed, although Russia Wasn't necessarily a bad guy in every facet of the Cold War. Remember the opening line of the trailer? Just because they Write it down and call it history doesn't mean its the truth. The trailer is most likely not referring to this particular instance, but in general the statement applies to the fact that Russia wasn't necessarily the bad guy 100% of the time.

Maybe Reznov doesn't the totalitarian direction his motherland is headed/taken, and he decided to do whatever was necessary to restore her to her former glory?