http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/05/ ... ckage.aspx

It's gunna be the same amount, another of $15

Here are all the maps:

Strike

Vacant

Carnival ( I think it's called)

Trailer Park

Fuel

What kinds of re-makes are those? Strike and Vacant?? Frankly, I didn't care for either... Where's shipment and Bloc?

The only map I really feel that I would like is Carnival....

Post what you think!!!!

EDIT: It comes out June 3rd for Xbox live...

For Ps3, shall I say November 9th, 2010?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... hope they will also release a patch for matchmaking and stuff with this Map Pack.

Hopefully there are no corners to hide for nuke boosters :-)

of course there will be corners for noobs to hide and whore the game, thats at least 50% of mw2's target audience

definately not gonna buy it. i have a feeling it will be crap bc all of the good workers left for respawn.

Im sure all the new maps were made way before the whole IW vs. activison fiasco started. Besides only one map designer has left so far.

Hmmm... hope they will also release a patch for matchmaking and stuff with this Map Pack.

There won't be a patch, It is infinity ward after all. . .

of course there will be corners for noobs to hide and whore the game, thats at least 50% of mw2's target audience

:lol: So true, Although I would say more than 50%. Considering they literally built the game so noobs could win. Its also just the way infinity ward designs maps. Strike is horrible, vacant is horrible, bloc is horrible, shipment is extra horrible, As will these new maps be Horrible.

Well... I guess they did make a patch for match making the last map pack, but it actually made the matchmaking worse. Oh Infinity Ward :roll:.

I'm still gonna get it in hopes of some kind of fixes and a short term cure for my bored to hold me over till Black Ops. :P And, honestly, Fuel and Carnival look pretty awesome! In case you guys didn't know, Fuel is supposed to be even bigger than Overgrown.

Play World at War. The maps in World at War are bigger, better, and more Strategic than anything infinity ward could even imagine, let alone actually create.

Since i saw the video about those new maps i fear "Trailer Park" will be a paradise for Nuke Boosters in FFA.

Can't they just forbid party chat in FFA, that would do the trick. No secret chats, no way to meet.

That would work, except you can talk to anyone in a Free For All match anyway. Banning party was a bad move by infinity ward. Who wants to play a game where they can't even talk to their Friends?

I will get the map pack. Im not happy with the price but i am not being forced to get it, its my choice so i will look forward to it.

I agree carnival looks like campers paradise and i really did like vacant (one of my fav CoD4 maps) but all i can see is it being ruined by n00b tubes and marathon and commando tac knife to name a few.

I did not even think about buying it...the first mappack was bad, 2 maps of cod 4, like what the..? if i'd like to play cod 4 maps i'll play cod 4 which includes better gameplay too. and than there was these 3 new maps with loads of camp spots.

15 dollar/euro for a mappack which doesn't contain achievements, 2 cod 4 maps ( oh yeah we've put changes on it...you can now walk there...yeahhh... [brains] ) and 3 bad maps.

than they try this trick on me again? i mean come on, Robert Bowling had to be in front of a camera to tell how fun these new maps gonna be, for me a sign that even infinityward knows that this one is not gonna be populair.

looking forward for Black Ops!

That would work, except you can talk to anyone in a Free For All match anyway. Banning party was a bad move by infinity ward. Who wants to play a game where they can't even talk to their Friends?
I know! That is probably the one thing I hate the most about MW2, other than noob tubers, me and my friends would always do Search, and spectate the people not in our party, so we would know more of where the enemy was. About this map pack though, all I have to say is VACANT YES!!!!! Idc about the others. When I get money, I will buy it just for that map, I would do the same for Bloc.
  • 1 month later...

So guys, the map pack came out for PS3 today, again for $15....

I don't think I want to get it, but Carnival and Strike have me on the fence of purchasing it. Is it a great map pack? Is it worth $15? Please provide info, i'm not sure what to do :)

is it defo out today? I thought it was yesterday but I kept checking and couldn't get it. I'n getting it, it's not that much and might breath some fresh air into what is a bit of a stale game for me at the mo, come on BO hurry up!!!!!!

EDIT- it's out, I got it and played a bit, only on a couple but it was ok, need more time for full opinion