What do you hate most about MW2?

Ok seriously, "camping"

Its defending a fortified position, its really how ALL REAL WARFARE goes, stop complaining you complainers. "Noob-Tubes"? Those were invented for a reason, and its the reason that you getting killed by them.

Stop Complaining. complainers.

I bet your not a camper. . .

Last I checked, hiding in/around a corner with a noob-tube is not defending anything, and I highly doubt thats what grenade launchers were invented for. . .

I find it absolutely hilarious that your talking about "Real Warfare".

In fact, here's a military field manual on the m203. I bet they don't train the soldiers to use it the way you do.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... p1.htm#1-1

Is that real enough?

Sure there are campers in everygame, but just admit that there have never been so many as there are in modern warfare 2.

Oh wow you found a article. nice google skills. HEY! how about next time, don't be so confrontational about stuff and people wouldn't have to resort to this!

First off, im willing to bet more than 3/4 know NOTHING about how real warfare is fought. The only reason i know is I am thinking about joining the military (only 15 as of now, but i am doing everything that i can to prepare myself mentally, which excludes this game.) and because my family comes from a long history of war, and let me tell you something, its not what you think it is, or you are told.

No, ever since world at war and modern warfare, everything the call of duty games put into the minds of gamers is 90% wrong and could never happen. For instance, the people talking about the f'n barett above. ITS AN ANTI-ARMOR/TANK/PERSONAL VEHICLE, THE ONLY TIME YOU WOULD EVER USE SUCH EXPENSIVE AMMUNITION ON A HUMAN TARGET IS IF YOU WERE A MILE OR MORE AWAY!! at which point it would be most ineffective anyways. Do you know what happens to a person when hit with a 50 caliber from a barret? Lets say there isnt a corpse. or body parts laying around either.

Predator missile: you think they spend so much money to kill 4,5, even 10 guys? HAHAHAHAHA NO!! Its vehicles, and buildings. Any vehicle or building hit by something like that would be a pile of rubble, not perfectly in shape like in MW2.

Lastly, i said its a video game, they can do whatever because its for fun, but they should probably still have at least a little bit of realism into it. I'd like to see one of you pick up a LMG and go full auto. That's not what there meant for. small bursts, just like every automatic ever invented.

call of duty-----------------------real life

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Qwerl

Chill out Kid. I am also willing to bet you also know nothing about "Real Warfare" If you did, you wouldn't even be thinking about Joining.

I agree that my reply was a little confrontational, but Your ranting did nothing to help your cause, ranting like that only makes you look ignorant, especially when you don't have all the facts, and yet you claim to.

Ok seriously, "camping"

Its defending a fortified position, its really how ALL REAL WARFARE goes, stop complaining you complainers. "Noob-Tubes"? Those were invented for a reason, and its the reason that you getting killed by them.

I dont have a problem with all of the things listed... and by campers i meant people that hide in corners, i dont have any problem with people that just stay on top of buildings ect.

However, i completely have a problem with noob tubes. Just because something is powerful in real life doesn't mean it should be that good in the game. People dont hate noob tubes just because of the fact that they are grenade launchers, people hate them because they are overpowered.

i just think if a weaon is so good, why do people hate it? why dont they use it? they obviously only hate it because it others are skillful with it and get good kills but they cant so they call it 'nooby' which i find sad, i just want to play and have fun, but i get distracted by people saying to me over mics and on txt:

"you F***ing noob go **** your mum i want you to die you noob go leave cod and never come back!"

and normally for just winning, ive was called a noob by a guy called 'AjaX' i think, and he told me to stop using nooby weapons, so i used the starting pistol without a scilencer on cod 4 and i was still given abuse by him and others for winning,so i told them to stop playing if they are so sad they cant handle being lv 55 10th prest and being beaten by a lv 3 (as i was then) player and if they are that terrible at cod they shouldn't bad mouth other players (they must of been using that 10th pres glitch because they were terrible at the game)

Right mate, I am not kidding, I 10000000% AGREE with you on everything,if a gun is overpowered why dont they use it. Frankly the only gun I think is FAR too overpowered is the ACR but so what.if you dont like it DONT PLAY IT simple as. I run about quickscoping with throwing knives, I find it fun if you dont simply stop complaining and play something else

@ Qwerl

Chill out Kid. I am also willing to bet you also know nothing about "Real Warfare" If you did, you wouldn't even be thinking about Joining.

I agree that my reply was a little confrontational, but Your ranting did nothing to help your cause, ranting like that only makes you look ignorant, especially when you don't have all the facts, and yet you claim to.

No, i was pointing how you don't really seem to know anything about how real warfare, because you don't come across as such. I come from a family from war, i think i know a little more than the average person, let a lone a person who plays a game mimicking it. hell, my last name means war-ready in German, which is were the name comes from. and my dad too.

If i didn't know what was involved, and yes i realize the risks of my life, people i love, and the such, i wouldn't be thinking about it. Also, i didn't say i knew everything.

HERE IS MY ATTEMPT TO GET ON TOPIC

I hate riot shields, and how someone can be 15+ feet away and get a knife kill on you by all of a sudden accelerating a million miles per hour lol. That just bugs me.

Just to clarify, I never stated nor tried to claim that I knew everything about "real war", I too come from a family with Military History, but I'm not coming here being all arrogant saying that I know everything there is to know about "real war".

I appreciate your on topic-ness, I also agree that Riot shields are completely ridiculous, getting tapped on the shoulder with a shield made of plexiglass and dying is dumb. Plexiglass is also nowhere near indestructable.

i just think if a weaon is so good, why do people hate it? why dont they use it? they obviously only hate it because it others are skillful with it and get good kills but they cant so they call it 'nooby'

It seems you do not understand the concept of the term noob. How can you compare "Good" and "Ridiculously-easy-to-use"?

NOOD-Tubes, for instance, are named as such for the fact that they require no skill.

Other weapons, in fact just about every weapon in modern warfare 2, may also be considered noob weapons because they were all Literally designed BY infinity ward for ease of use, to cater to the casual player, and in turn, be taken advantage of by the morally devoid player.

Honestly, How much skill does it take to run around with a grenade launcher? Or better yet, as is the case in both modern warfare games, Launch a grenade from spawn to spawn at the beginning of every Hardcore Search Round??? Just about Zero. If you disagree then take a look at youtube, at the 6 & 7 year olds showing people exactly where to launch their grenades.

Whether a weapon is created for ease of use, or not, It is to blame largely on the People. The People who play the game and have no respect for other players or the game itself. The people who just want to get kills and win as easily, and cheaply as possible. The People who forsake their gaming morals, for a simple statistic. Noobs.

I just think that we shouldn't have a go at the players who have found a way to win easily, the aim of the game is to kill, but also to have fun, so its not the palyers fault, blame IW for desinging the game badly so these people can find flaws to exploit :lol: also i think obsessive people are the only ones to dislike, we all play to have fun, thats why games are made; to be enjoyable, but like most of my mates, they join online tournaments, not to enjoy, but to come first and get renown as the best (and saddest) people around at FPS. they're the ones who, while we may get annoyed at people who are nooby, Scream down the mike telling you to go F*** your mum because you shot them with a pistol/rifle/sub/LMG or whatever. i think they are responsible for most of the 'nooby' techniques as they spend years exploiting games to win, so it becomes a task, not fun anymore, they then post these on utube to show off, then 5 year olds (who dont know better so dont have a go at them) copy them to be 'cool' [brains] its all messed up, and can all be traced back to IW, so dont hate the players, hate the game! (or the company behind it)

also have you noticed how IW make the game more unrealistic and easy for you, i'd prefer to have to check your gun like in real life to make it harder, thats what Trey did with cod5 and these 'wnat to win' players ran to IW and cried about how it was 'hard to shoot' and 'guns arn't as powerfull' that is why the guns on MW2 are so overpowered

Not trying to pour gas on a fire or anything lol.... BUT...

People get popped with barrets all the damn time in Afghanistan. And they absolutely take 1-5 people out with a predator all the time. Seriously, if you could pick some dudes off from a km away with a barret would you say nah, the ammo is too expensive, let's go get closer? Hell no! You would smoke the dudes and get on with your life. And what's cheaper/more effective for taking out a couple of haji terrorists on a remote mountain 60km away from the nearest fire base.... find some choppers that aren't being used, fuel them up, plan the op and any contingencies, find a platoon that's not doing anything, get them on the choppers, fly to said remote mountain, drop them a few km away, fly away and wait in a holding pattern somewhere while the platoon humps it's way to the position and takes out a couple dudes OR just blast the motherfuckers with the drone you found them with?

If you tried to use a 203 the way it's used by n00b t00bing campers, you would kill yourself very quickly. The rounds arm themselves by a how many rotations they have completed which ends up being about 30m. If I remember correctly (and I'm sure somebody will google it and prove me wrong lol), danger close for a 203 is about 100m. The round seems to arm at about 5m in the game, which is insane. You would absolutely be dead as a doornail if one of those things went of 5m away from you. We always used the 203 as some kind of overwatch or support by fire or against vehicles.

As for camping, it is absolutely unrealistic. Under no circumstances would you be by yourself, hiding in a little corner waiting for people to randomly run by. Think about the map derail for a minute... lets say you were irl trying to defend charlie. If you were hiding in a corner under the stairs in the building behind C and an enemy ran past you and, YOUR POSITION HAS ALREADY BEEN OVERRAN. You are already fucked. You will be going home in a body bag. Realistically, if the enemy got past Bravo your element would be considered overran and you would all fall back. Realistically, you would and could keep them all the way out to alpha. It's only about 300m from C to A in derail.

ALL THIS ASIDE, IT IS A VIDEO GAME. Of course it's totally unrealistic. There isn't on single realistic thing in the game. YOU MAGICALLY COME BACK TO LIFE AFTER BEING KILLED LOL.

N00b t00bing campers are annoying not because they are unrealistic, but because it takes absolutely no skill whatsoever. It's irritating to play a game of skill and lose to someone of absolutely no skill, just dumb luck. Just sitting there until somebody eventually happens to run by on their way to actually do something.

Sorry for the long post lol

Ok seriously, "camping"

I dont have a problem with all of the things listed... and by campers i meant people that hide in corners, i dont have any problem with people that just stay on top of buildings ect.

However, i completely have a problem with noob tubes. Just because something is powerful in real life doesn't mean it should be that good in the game. People dont hate noob tubes just because of the fact that they are grenade launchers, people hate them because they are overpowered.

i just think if a weaon is so good, why do people hate it? why dont they use it? they obviously only hate it because it others are skillful with it and get good kills but they cant so they call it 'nooby' which i find sad, i just want to play and have fun, but i get distracted by people saying to me over mics and on txt:

"you F***ing noob go **** your mum i want you to die you noob go leave cod and never come back!"

and normally for just winning, ive was called a noob by a guy called 'AjaX' i think, and he told me to stop using nooby weapons, so i used the starting pistol without a scilencer on cod 4 and i was still given abuse by him and others for winning,so i told them to stop playing if they are so sad they cant handle being lv 55 10th prest and being beaten by a lv 3 (as i was then) player and if they are that terrible at cod they shouldn't bad mouth other players (they must of been using that 10th pres glitch because they were terrible at the game)

This is exactly what happened with world at war. The MP40 is undeniably overpowered. People hate getting killed by it since its too good, so many people just use it themselves. I still refuse to use it. But thats a major problem with w@w, if the weapons aren't balanced you will get very little variety in gun selection from players.

I have made the poll multiple choice and you can now revote so if you had more you wanted to pick you can.

I picked everything that involved MP. The MP just was a big disappointment. Has to many flaws for it to be fun. Enough said...

Thanks, but i meant to have it so you could only pick one option, hence "what do you hate MOST about mw2." I did this because i knew that most people would have problems with all the things listed. But if you think that the new way suits the poll better thats fine, no biggie.

I have made the poll multiple choice and you can now revote so if you had more you wanted to pick you can.

I picked everything that involved MP. The MP just was a big disappointment. Has to many flaws for it to be fun. Enough said...

Thanks, but i meant to have it so you could only pick one option, hence "what do you hate MOST about mw2." I did this because i knew that most people would have problems with all the things listed. But if you think that the new way suits the poll better thats fine, no biggie.

about your Mp40 post, i agree, but its like that in real life, the mp40 was very powerfull, and guns were harder to use, unlike in mw2 where you get super powered pistols lol [brains]

about your Mp40 post, i agree, but its like that in real life, the mp40 was very powerfull, and guns were harder to use, unlike in mw2 where you get super powered pistols lol [brains]

Well if you want to go for realism, how bout this. The springfield, BAR, M1 garand, and browning all fire the same caliber bullet in real life. Do they all have the same damage in game? No. Game developers go for fun over realism any day of the week. I can give so many other examples of the guns in game that are not realistic. If a multiplayer was realistic, that would just be flat out terrible.

Well if you want to go for realism, how bout this. The springfield, BAR, M1 garand, and browning all fire the same caliber bullet in real life. Do they all have the same damage in game? No. Game developers go for fun over realism any day of the week. I can give so many other examples of the guns in game that are not realistic. If a multiplayer was realistic, that would just be flat out terrible.

[brains] - For Knowing that those guns are all the same caliber.

However I don't understand the Mp40 "Problem" I have a ridiculous amount of game time, and I have never had a problem with the Mp40 in any way at all. Is it common in normal mode? I almost exclusively play Harcore Search and Destroy because its awesome, and like I said, I haven't had any problems with the Mp40.

The BAR is THE Prime example of a Perfectly Balanced weapon by the way, Powerful and accurate, but if you don't know how to control the recoil, then you won't get a lot of kills with it.

And it isn't really that difficult, but that is part of the reason people say the guns are "too hard to use" when they should be saying "Im not good at this game".

EDIT: Actually, pretty much every weapon is balanced very well in World at War.

[brains] - For Knowing that those guns are all the same caliber.

However I don't understand the Mp40 "Problem" I have a ridiculous amount of game time, and I hae never had a problem with the Mp40 in any way at all. Is it common in normal mode? I almost exclusively play Harcore Search and Destroy because its awesome, and like I said, I haven't had any problems with the Mp40.

The BAR is THE Prime example of a Perfectly Balanced weapon by the way, Powerful and accurate, but if you don't know how to control the recoil, then you won't get a lot of kills with it.

And it isn't really that difficult, but that is part of the reason people say the guns are "too hard to use" when they should be saying "Im not good at this game".

EDIT: Actually, pretty much every weapon is balanced very well in World at War.

Okay lets compare the BAR and the MP40. Bar does a little bit more damage, but that wont even matter in most situations because they are both 3 shot kills at most range's wo/ stopping power. Okay, now lets talk about how the mp40 is better then the BAR. MP40 has better mobility (5% better), Faster ADS time, Better hipfire, better magazine size (more then 3 times bigger with duel mags) faster ROF (160 rpm faster), ALOT less idle sway, overall slightly less recoil per bullet, faster reload time, less delay between when you press the shoot button and when the gun actually shoots, faster center speed (TBH i dont even know what that is)... But hey, the BAR does have slightly more range ;)

EDIT: Scratch that part about the mp40 being a 3 shot at most ranges wo/ stopping power, its a 2 shot at most range wo/ stopping power, at long range its 3 shots, but put some stopping power you got yourself a 2 shot at even longer range and a 1 shot head shot :D

Okay lets compare the BAR and the MP40. Bar does a little bit more damage, but that wont even matter in most situations because they are both 3 shot kills at most range's wo/ stopping power. Okay, now lets talk about how the mp40 is better then the BAR. MP40 has better mobility (5% better), Faster ADS time, Better hipfire, better magazine size (more then 3 times bigger with duel mags) faster ROF (160 rpm faster), ALOT less idle sway, overall slightly less recoil per bullet, faster reload time, less delay between when you press the shoot button and when the gun actually shoots, faster center speed (TBH i dont even know what that is)... But hey, the BAR does have slightly more range ;)

EDIT: Scratch that part about the mp40 being a 3 shot at most ranges wo/ stopping power, its a 2 shot at most range wo/ stopping power, at long range its 3 shots, but put some stopping power you got yourself a 2 shot at even longer range and a 1 shot head shot :D

Thats all fine and Dandy, but like I said, I play Hardcore exclusively. There's no problem with the Mp40 in Hardcore, because In hardcore pretty much every weapon is/can be a one shot kill. Without stopping power. Which is why World at War is so Awesome.

And you have to admit, Treyarch Did Balance the Weapons Very well in World at War. Every weapon(except for the Mp40, I guess) has pros and cons that balance each other out. In modern warfare 2 on the other hand, there isn't one weapon that has a noticible amount of recoil (hell, the pistols in World at War have more recoil than modern warfare 2 weapons) and they all kill very easily. Honestly, how many people do you see running around using the BAR or the M1 Garand like people use weapons in modern warfare 2? Zero, because World at War's weapons actually require skill.

There is ONE weapon in World at War that may be a little noob-ish. One.

Do your little comparing thing between the Mp40 and EVERY weapon in modern warfare 2.

When Compared to 99% of the weapons in modern warfare 2, The Mp40 has: MORE recoil, MORE sway, LESS damage, LESS mobility, is LESS accurate, when hip firing and aiming, SLOWER aiming, SLOWER reload, and MUCH SLOWER Rate of Fire.

So, one exploitable weapon in World at War compared to just about every single weapon in modern warfare 2.

Oh, And

less delay between when you press the shoot button and when the gun actually shoots

No Offense, but thats funny!

In MW2 all the guns are good though, its not like there's one that just stands out from all the others in every single way like the mp40 did. And your wrong when you say the mp40 has less mobility and slower ADS ect... but i really dont feel like bringing up the stats on that.

And yes, there is a delay between when you press the shoot button and when the gun really shoots

"Good" is not be the word that should be used to define them. . .

Maybe the Mp40 does stand out a little, but its not like all the other weapons are bad. Anyone who wants to be, can be just as deadly, if not more so, with any other weapon in World at War.

Where do you get your statistics?

"Good" is not be the word that should be used to define them. . .

Maybe the Mp40 does stand out a little, but its not like all the other weapons are bad. Anyone who wants to be, can be just as deadly, if not more so, with any other weapon in World at War.

Where do you get your statistics?

i thought the thompson was more powrfull as it was faster and only slightly less damage, and with round drum got rid of ammo size problem, i run around with stopping power ittakes 2 or 3 shots to kill, you can snipe with it is so good!

I think that the reason why this stuff is so terrible about mw2 is that fact it makes everything sooo god damn easy! Noob tubes, they require no skill or effort and u can get multi kills from them with danger close.. AND not only that you have infinite of them using scavenger or 1 man army. And then with commando its just a bad perk. Those who use it arent noobs but its a completely stupid perk. U can lob urself off the biggest cliff in the world not die then stab some guy from literally miles away and there is nothing to counter it. Its the same with noobtubes there is nothing to counter them yet they r such a massive danger. Plus even if they dont use 1 man army or scavenger they use sleight of hand allowing them to shoot them really fast. It all builds to the game being over exaggerated and boring cos u die in the same way over and over. Its the fact that everything in that game makes u superman the only thing i think that is underpowered in that game is the riot sheild.

I agree mostly, but the riot shield is not underpowered. Believe it or not, this actually happened.

Some randomguy on the opposing team camped for an AC130(big surprise). A few moments later, a guy on our team had a riot shield, LOOKED UP AT THE AC130, raising his shield, and BLOCKED/SURVIVED A 105mm Howitzer Shell from the AC130! Because the Riot shields are stupidly indestructable. Riot Shields are made of plexiglass(plastic) by the way. Then he proceeds to run around with commando, one-tapping people in the shoulder with his indestructable riot shield made of plastic.

Completely retarded.

I agree mostly, but the riot shield is not underpowered. Believe it or not, this actually happened.

Some randomguy on the opposing team camped for an AC130(big surprise). A few moments later, a guy on our team had a riot shield, LOOKED UP AT THE AC130, raising his shield, and BLOCKED/SURVIVED A 105mm Howitzer Cannon blast from the AC130! Because the Riot shields are stupidly indestructable. Riot Shields are made of plexiglass(plastic) by the way. Then he proceeds to run around with commando, one-tapping people in the shoulder with his indestructable riot shield made of plastic.

Completely retarded.

talking about riot shield, i did the funniest thing yesterday, i was at my mates, he has just got cod6 and i was playing, a guy came up wih a shield we were out of ammo, so he gave it to me, instincively, i have no idea how i did this, probably :mrgreen: adrenaline, i went prone and threw the knife into his leg as he was not crouched! lol

MW2 has lots of ghey perks/tactics/etc that ruined it. The biggest: OMA tubers, scavenger tubers, explosives in general and: Commandooooooooooooooooo.

In WaW it was: MP40, or for super-douchebags: MP40+jugg. Actually, all of the SMGs are overpowered, a little. If you don't play core, you just don't know.

Let me break it down: MP40 does 50 damage. Yes 50. All other SMGs do 40 tops. What this means: MP40 users can use any 2nd tier perk they want; since stopping power is useless. The most popular: juggernaut. And don't forget the extended mags.

If a SMG (i.e. thompson) user IS NOT using stopping power, it takes four bullets for them to kill you. It still takes the MP40 user two.

Just look at the waw leaderboards. I'm willing to bet 95% of the top 200 players have the MP40 as their #1 gun, with at least a 2:1 used ratio over their next gun.

MW2 has lots of ghey perks/tactics/etc that ruined it. The biggest: OMA tubers, scavenger tubers, explosives in general and: Commandooooooooooooooooo.

In WaW it was: MP40, or for super-douchebags: MP40+jugg. Actually, all of the SMGs are overpowered, a little. If you don't play core, you just don't know.

Let me break it down: MP40 does 50 damage. Yes 50. All other SMGs do 40 tops. What this means: MP40 users can use any 2nd tier perk they want; since stopping power is useless. The most popular: juggernaut. And don't forget the extended mags.

If a SMG (i.e. thompson) user IS NOT using stopping power, it takes four bullets for them to kill you. It still takes the MP40 user two.

Just look at the waw leaderboards. I'm willing to bet 95% of the top 200 players have the MP40 as their #1 gun, with at least a 2:1 used ratio over their next gun.

Your completely right about the MP40 people on the leaderboards. All of them have the mp40 as their top weapon. Im proud to say that the mp40 is only my 10th weapon :D And i never even used the mp40. Those kills were just from picking them up. That shows how many other people use the mp40.

I don't mind n00b tubes (in part because they are the only weapon I have to use agenst campers) but I DO mind knifers and people who use the SCAR-H (the new MP-40). I don't hate riot sheilds, you hate the people behind them. I only use riot sheilds responsibly (like I do n00b tubes). For object games only! Hence my class name "Flag runner."