Honest Opinion

I want to see your guys honest opinion on MW2..

I've been hearing lots of hate I think most the community agrees that it sucks..

I think it isn't that good compared to WaW..

So hopefully Black Ops will not be the same as MW2.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hype, he Campaign, the game play... all great.

Honestly, I Still Play MW2, and I have really enjoyed the game. The major complaint from me is that it is too easy to get frustrated on that game. There are codes in the game to make it "fair" for everyone, but in the process it ruins the game play for hardcore players

World at War is the epitome of Call of Duty. Its such a great game. Most people who hate it haven't even played it.

I have 14 days of gametime on modern warfare 2, and about 20 on modern warfare. But I am still playing World at War, and have almost 27 days on World at War(what can I say? I like Call of Duty. LOL), and can honestly say simply out of sheer experience, that World at War is a much better game. It is so much more refined its unbelieveable. But I digress. . .

The game is most definitely way too easy bob, this is why infinity ward "mainstreamed" the game:

When people started to Transition from modern warfare to World at War, they weren't as good at World at War as they were in modern warfare. This is because Treyarch tweaked the gameplay to make it their own, and the guns simply took more skill. I myself remember getting frustrated because I didn't get as many kills as I did in modern warfare. As a result, Treyarch lost a lot of potential sales simply because people were big cry-babies and wouldnt stick with it for a few more games. Well infinity ward doesn't want this to happen to them right. So they make modern warfare 2 easy enough for anyone, LITERALLY, to play it. Anyone off the street can pick up the game and pick any weapon, and have a good match. They also made it take more points and introduced all these emblems and callsigns to make it SEEM like your doing more and getting more, along with making it take FIVE HUNDRED DAYS to prestige. Its all a charade to try and make the game last longer.

There are plenty of other reasons, but the fact is: modern warfare 2 is a horrible excuse for a first person shooter.

I think Treyarch knows this, as they have said they do not like many features of the game. Whatever happens, I have complete faith in Treyarch to release another Amazing Call of Duty game.

Mehh.... It coulda gone so many different ways!

Storyline: Good, but too movie like, failed to pick up where the original left off,very unrealistic

Multiplayer: Good Ideas Gone Wrong. Horrible ( and overpriced) maps.

Co-Ops: It's been how long since the game released and it's STILL lagging?

Overall, it could have been so much better.... And what the funk happened to painkiller?

" Oh, we took out juggernaut and improved it so that it's not as bad!!"

10 clips later, his health is halfway down.... Ahh.. poor IW.

I agree KNO1ATALL, It had a lot of potential. I even gave infinity ward the benefit of the doubt, at the cost of a LOT of wasted time on my part.

How about One Man Army?

"Oh? I'm out of noob tubes? Well thats not fair." *reaches down pants - pulls a gun out of you know where* "There thats better, more noob tubes"

Or the Riot shield + Commando

"Hey! Hey hold still! I have to tap you in the knees, from 30 feet away, so you'll die"

Not to mention that riot shields are indestructable. . .

I could continue, but there's no need.

World at War > modern warfare 2

Black Ops > modern warfare 2

Treyarch > infinity ward

I think you all are mistaking your hatred for MW2 for the hatred of the Matchmaking and Glitches and Hackers.

The actual gameplay, graphics and mechanics of the game are great.

The biggest downfall of MW2 is the piss poor matchmaking. The hackers and glitches also played a part in this and resulted from a rushed deadline IMO. I bet they knew all of that shit was bound to happen but b/c of deadlines they released early and patched later.

No, there is no mistaken hatred. In fact, this is not hatred at all:

When people started to Transition from modern warfare to World at War, they weren't as good at World at War as they were in modern warfare. This is because Treyarch tweaked the gameplay to make it their own, and the guns simply took more skill. I myself remember getting frustrated because I didn't get as many kills as I did in modern warfare. As a result, Treyarch lost a lot of potential sales simply because people were big cry-babies and wouldnt stick with it for a few more games. Well infinity ward doesn't want this to happen to them right. So they make modern warfare 2 easy enough for anyone, LITERALLY, to play it. Anyone off the street can pick up the game and pick any weapon, and have a good match. They also made it take more points and introduced all these emblems and callsigns to make it SEEM like your doing more and getting more, along with making it take FIVE HUNDRED DAYS to prestige. Its all a charade to try and make the game last longer.

painkiller?

" Oh, we took out juggernaut and improved it so that it's not as bad!!"

10 clips later, his health is halfway down....

How about One Man Army?

"Oh? I'm out of noob tubes? Well thats not fair." *reaches down pants - pulls a gun out of you know where* "There thats better, more noob tubes"

Or the Riot shield + Commando

"Hey! Hey hold still! I have to tap you in the knees, from 30 feet away, so you'll die"

Not to mention that riot shields are indestructable. . .

These are just a few Things that are Simply. Wrong. - broken, within the game.

They did rushed it out, but where are the patches? Could this be another game that infinity ward doesn't support after its released? Are they "too busy" again Or is this pattern behavior?

Modern warfare 2 is also less user friendly. What happened to the amazing squad system from World at War? What happened to the seperate volume controls?

Infinity ward does not care about the players. Thats what happened.

and they got rid of dedi-servers on PC:

with Dedi-servers.

You choose your games, you can see what map, how many player, what game mode, how laggy you are and can set it to take you to the fastest team deathmatch game instantly, 65 a side games with ultimate gameplay people being sniped, shot, and airstriked everywhere, dedi-admins are getting people into groups so they work together in acutal teams, some ban grenade launchers and remove teamkilling on hardcore so you dont have 'tards mowing their team down.

without Dedi-servers.

just like the gameplay on xbox or ps3. Wait, worse. only team Death, free for all and search are used meraning no war, ground war, demo, sabotage, cage match etc. and the xbox and ps3 versions are stale crap compared to the cod5 ones.

I like the story, but throwing a knife into a guys eye after pulling it out of your heart? jumping off a cliff in a snowmobile and landing completely fine? multiplayer, people with riot shields able to withstand a minigun without moving or dying, people suddenly resuplying by sitting down for 10 seconds, SAS troopers with handheld nukes?

IW say they have now perfected realism? hell no.

I know alot of people hate mw2 now, but i still enjoy it. I was super hyped for mw2, and it even exceeded my expectations. I know it has annoying things like commando and deathstreaks, and noobtubes, and campers, and glitchers (I think i should stop now). Its the most frustrating game ever, but its also the most fun game ever. I play on PS3, so im not upset over dedicated servers, And i don't need to worry about hackers since there arent any on ps3. But i am still really hyped for Black ops... If they can make a multiplayer thats just as good as mw2 without all of the things i listed up there, it would be the best thing ever.

• 1 month later...
I know it has annoying things like commando and deathstreaks, and noobtubes, and campers, and glitchers (I think i should stop now). Its the most frustrating game ever, but its also the most fun game ever.
IMO, the reason it is fun, is because it is frustrating...think about it, world at war's guns took skill to get used to, while mw2 takes skill to overcome the nooby things that are available. Now don't bash on one man army, that is one of the best perks if you want to actually try. what's bad is when people use it for noob tubes, but using it just for changing different types of classes is awesome. if EVERYTHING in the game is nooby...then really, nothing is. everyone gets an = chance (except campers, glitchers, and hackers) I think it is fun to beat the noobs, while they are "noobing" it up

What is it with everyone whining about riot sheilds? When do u ever see a person with a riot shield go remotely positive on kill ratio? Hardly ever! Plus they arent indestructible. You obviously havent stuck it with a sticky grenade. Its an instant kill.

However the game is still bad. The guns go from 1 extreme to the other. Guns like the MP5 have overly huge recoil compared to the other guns and most assault rifles are too accurate. General ideas are great and thank GOODNESS they got them out of the way early. Mistakes to learn from i believe. They wanted to try something new and its not the worst game on earth. It just came out after the ground breaking cod4 and a hard hitting follow from cod5. It is hard to keep the game fresh and interesting without taking risks and coming up with crazy ideas. I dont blame IW at all. I love them still (even though they hardly exsist anymore lol) I praise them for being brave and taking a god damn huge risk to try and keep the game interesting with new stuff. Cos its just easy to replecate games over and over (guitar hero). Unfortunately things just didnt quite work out.

I remember when I first picked up MW2 I was extremely excited to play it. From what I had seen on the teasers and gameplay previews it looked to be a great game. I choose to play the campaign first and it did not dissapoint. Other than the being too short, it provided plenty of suspenseful and explosive situations to keep me on the edge of my seat and playing even when I died from my own errors or from that of the game.

Next, I took a crack at Spec Ops. At first it provided everything I enjoyed from the campaign plus a little extra. But, eventually it became stale as all the missions began to get repetitive and blend together. Finally, the last game mode I played was the Multiplayer. This was the one that most of hype had built up so I had high expectations.

Much like the other game modes at first it was exactly everything IW said it was. The gameplay was smooth, graphics were excellent, and each of the game types brought something new to the tables. Then, after about a week or two after it was released people began to find ways to exploit certain weapons or areas to cheat and make the game less enjoyable for other people. Despite this and many other problems MW2 still (for the most part) delivered an enjoyable gaming experience and lived up to some of the hype it generated. I guess we all have to accept that no game will ever be perfect and there are factors beyond our and the developers control that can shape a game for better or worse.