TRANSMISSION #5 IS UP ON GKNOVA6!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, but I missed something here, what file are you refering to and where did you retrieve it?

Quote:

If this is not intended for you, stay out of this! No one is so brave

that he is not disturbed by something unexpected.

yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo. 551961.

http://rs700.rapidshare.com/files/383985365/551961.rar

"If this is not intended for you, stay out of this! No one is so brave

that he is not disturbed by something unexpected." Julius Caesar

Sorry guys, but I missed something here, what file are you refering to and where did you retrieve it?

Quote:

yyuahrnqyf hcgi vxmly navgu ulli xmixo. 551961.

http://rs700.rapidshare.com/files/383985365/551961.rar

"If this is not intended for you, stay out of this! No one is so brave

that he is not disturbed by something unexpected." Julius Caesar

Maybe we should use Caesar code? And we have number 16!

This may sound a bit strange: If we are sure it is the Vigenere cypher, then we need to remember when picking keys that both of the first letters are "y". That limits our options if we want both the key and the plaintext to be real words. Also, is it possible we need to Vigenere cypher and get a random jumble of letters, then use a Caesar cypher to get the final plaintext. If he truly "upped the ante" he would use two cyphers, not one.

we should use this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovan_Bat ... ta_Bellaso

In 1553 he published his first and most important booklet: La Cifra del Sig. Giovan Battista Bel[l]aso, dedicated to Girolamo Ruscelli. For the implementation of this cipher a table is formed by sliding the lower half of an ordinary alphabet for an apparently random number of places with respect to the upper half. Actually the table can be compiled by heart by moving the lower list one place to the right following the alphabetic order of the index letters, firstly the vowels, then the consonants: A, E, I, O, V, C, G, M, Q, S, Y. Encipherment is performed by using an agreed-upon phrase called countersign, placed over the plaintext. With reference to the table, one substitutes the plaintext letter with the letter that is above or under it in the alphabet identified by the capital letter of the countersign.

Enciphering:

VIRTVTIOMNIAPARENT VIRTVTIOMNIAPARENT VI Countersign

larmataturchescapa rtiraacinquedilugl io Plaintext

SYBOVEYLDANVOFSZLP IINCVPNSHMLRNXOIZN RD Ciphertext

Deciphering:

This cipher is a letter-by-letter polysubstitution using a long literal key string. The system is still periodic although the use of one or more long countersigns makes it sufficiently secure. This feature is perfectly in line with Kerckhoffs’ principle.

This may sound a bit strange: If we are sure it is the Vigenere cypher, then we need to remember when picking keys that both of the first letters are "y". That limits our options if we want both the key and the plaintext to be real words. Also, is it possible we need to Vigenere cypher and get a random jumble of letters, then use a Caesar cypher to get the final plaintext. If he truly "upped the ante" he would use two cyphers, not one.

I like the way your thinking, I tried the ceasar cipher and you always get 2 of the same letters to start so we probably need the vigenere cipher (it is coming from the man that invented it), possibly both like you referenced.

Has anyone else taken the first letters from teh post:

i t i n i f y

s o o t

n o i s b t h i n d b s u

That first part can easily become infinity (possible anagram in message)

In 1553 he published his first and most important booklet: La Cifra del Sig. Giovan Battista Bel[l]aso, dedicated to Girolamo Ruscelli. For the implementation of this cipher a table is formed by sliding the lower half of an ordinary alphabet for an apparently random number of places with respect to the upper half. Actually the table can be compiled by heart by moving the lower list one place to the right following the alphabetic order of the index letters, firstly the vowels, then the consonants: A, E, I, O, V, C, G, M, Q, S, Y. Encipherment is performed by using an agreed-upon phrase called countersign, placed over the plaintext. With reference to the table, one substitutes the plaintext letter with the letter that is above or under it in the alphabet identified by the capital letter of the countersign.

Enciphering:

Deciphering:

This cipher is a letter-by-letter polysubstitution using a long literal key string. The system is still periodic although the use of one or more long countersigns makes it sufficiently secure. This feature is perfectly in line with Kerckhoffs’ principle.

How do you use that?

Enciphering:

Deciphering:

How do you use that?

It's a Vigenere Cipher, a key phrase is picked and its hard to explain but much easier to see how it works in the tables he made.

freedom7 passcode got me to 99% unlocked with the rar file

8% 17% 26% 35% 44% 53% 62% 71% 80% 89% 98% 99%

Encrypted file: CRC failed in 551961.pdf (password incorrect ?)

Total errors: 1

nothing else has got me past 8%

What about Freedom 7 with a space? or just Freedom

found an interesting site to figure out the cypher key length, and then the cypher, but I'm not really following the math to well.

here

I was on that last night when this transmissino first came out. I don't know what they are teaching those kids at Oregon State, but that tool seems broken to me, or at least, in our case, not very helpful.

Update on the google groups thread http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy/browse_thread/thread/3cc6f4751a4c39ce#

[email protected]

> On May 6, 2:38 pm, Giovan Battista

> wrote:

> > On May 6, 11:32 am, X O wrote:

> > > Where the hell are my files!

> > I saw what happened to yours so I had to up the ante.

> > The Conspiracy is the cats Meow.

> I found part of a file, does it belong to you Sig Giovan?

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/27543574@N06/4584853110/

Azure - You should look in the right group for the rest of the file.

Update on the google groups thread http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy/browse_thread/thread/3cc6f4751a4c39ce#

[email protected]

> On May 6, 2:38 pm, Giovan Battista

> wrote:

> > On May 6, 11:32 am, X O wrote:

> > > Where the hell are my files!

> > I saw what happened to yours so I had to up the ante.

> > The Conspiracy is the cats Meow.

> I found part of a file, does it belong to you Sig Giovan?

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/27543574@N06/4584853110/

Azure - You should look in the right group for the rest of the file.

Ignore that post... its me. Was just pointing Azure in the right direction.