Playing der riese, suddenly game restarts? A la hanging man?

Tonight I was playing der riese with 2 other friends. It was level 26, we had a crawler and were going around boarding up windows, buying ammo, etc etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

All of a sudden my screen goes white, much like after you teleport, or are downed. It fades out and then a couple seconds later we are spawned at the mainframe, round one.

Has this happened to anyone else?? In all the games of der riese I've played, this has never happened to me.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened to me just last week. me and 3 other friends were on wave 21. I wasnt realy consentrating and I realised I still had a full upgraded raygun so I decided to go on a quick rampage and jumped off the catwalk. after about 30 seconds of getting alot of kills this happend. all I can realy tell you was I was pretty much the only one firing and it was near to the end of the round. The exact thing that happend is what happend with the hanging man from shi no numa. This had never happend to me b4 (I have over 4 days of zombie playing time). We hadent done many of the radios or anything. There was 4 of us and we hadnt done the fly trap thingy. cant remember anything else lol.

Yeah its really strange. We didn't do anything special that game; just killing zombies (no flytrap etc etc).

I can't remember if it was then...or the day before...but I DO remember throwing a grenade at the hanging man when the box was near the B(?) teleporter, haha. But I don't know. In shi no numa you actually had to touch the dude for the round to restart. Hopefully him falling doesn't restart it.

techicalnaly he is just a pair of hanging legs from videos i have seen online of it i am pretty sure its the legs of the hanging man in shi no numa

Nope, Treyarch doesn't cheap out on things like that, unlike infinity suck. It really is another hanging man, The whole body, not just legs. There's even a secret room with a secret perk machine in Der Riese.

Wow you seriously are the biggest Treyarch fanboy I have EVER seen :lol: , you will find mate that it infact IS a pair of legs not a whole body AND there is no stupid secret room as the whole zombie forum got their hopes up and searched der riese on september 24th (i think) and flamethrowed some retarded door shot a pole with a wunderwaffle and wait for a bridge to come down only to turn around to a swam of zombies behind then....THE END :mrgreen: :ugeek: :geek:

Wow you seriously are the biggest Treyarch fanboy I have EVER seen :lol: , you will find mate that it infact IS a pair of legs not a whole body AND there is no stupid secret room as the whole zombie forum got their hopes up and searched der riese on september 24th (i think) and flamethrowed some retarded door shot a pole with a wunderwaffle and wait for a bridge to come down only to turn around to a swam of zombies behind then....THE END :mrgreen: :ugeek: :geek:

....how would you hang legs? there is obviously a body. ;)

techicalnaly he is just a pair of hanging legs from videos i have seen online of it i am pretty sure its the legs of the hanging man in shi no numa

Nope, Treyarch doesn't cheap out on things like that, unlike infinity suck. It really is another hanging man, The whole body, not just legs. There's even a secret room with a secret perk machine in Der Riese.

Thanks for this post, really. It will serve as a reminder to never listen to another thing you say, ever. I like when fanboys of company A make fun of fanboys / company B. Hilarious.

Even weirder was on round 46 with my buddy the other day, zombies stopped spawning and the game wouldn't goto the next round. He had to down himself, and I teleported to get a powerup for a bomb.

haha, interesting. That's a good idea though (teleporting for bomb). Weird.

Lol. So, when someone speaks the truth it makes them a fanboy? There is a secret room, Treyarch blocked it off at the last minute and the only way to get there is to mod jump, but you can't do that anymore because Treyarch fixed the mods. There is no secret combination of events or actions that needs to be performed. Its called the Ammo-Matic. See for yourself. . .

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Perk-a-cola

Thanks for this post, really. It will serve as a reminder to never listen to another thing you say, ever. I like when fanboys of company A make fun of fanboys / company B. Hilarious.

There was also no making fun of any fanboys. You should read a little better, It was a simple, factual statement, which is that infinity ward is a developer who doesn't care about the players.

Lol. So, when someone speaks the truth it makes them a fanboy? There is a secret room, Treyarch blocked it off at the last minute and the only way to get there is to mod jump, but you can't do that anymore because Treyarch fixed the mods. There is no secret combination of events or actions that needs to be performed. Its called the Ammo-Matic. See for yourself. . .

You are either incredibly gullible, or...stupid.

There is no secret room. It doesn't exist. They didn't "block it off", it simply DOES NOT EXIST. Maybe they planned on putting a room there, but guess what? It's not. That's like saying somewhere in my house is a secret room filled with gold bars, but it was nixed on the drawing board. "BUT DUDE ITS THERE!!" But DUDE, no its NOT.

People no-clipped around the whole goddamn map, what you see is whats there buddy.

And just because the files are on the disc does not mean ITS ON THE MAP. It was put on the disc because they were planning on using it, but never did. Who knows. Maybe for balance issues. Hell if there was an ammo machine I would get to round 50.

There was also no making fun of any fanboys. You should read a little better, It was a simple, factual statement, which is that infinity ward is a developer who doesn't care about the players.

I like when fanboys of company A make fun of fanboys / company B.

Maybe you should invest in some reading comprehension.

I suppose the former, I have never actually tried it. And So, although embarrassingly, I abdicate. :oops:

Yes, do I have an "It was Thursday" card I can play? Lol. Though I can see how the statement I made to start this whole thing can be considered fanboyish, I do not consider myself a fanboy.

I usually try to silence all the fanboys who refuse to admit that infinty ward is not a good developer and that modern warfare 2 is not a good game. That is of course, unless they actually like a developer who doesn't care about the players or the fanboys, and if they actually like laggy, unballanced, and glitchy multiplayer. . . And In taking a stand against the fanboys, I suppose I become suceptible to becoming the very thing that I abhor.

And this has been entirely off topic from your original post.

This happened to me, round 23, Nacht der Utoten, we were firing then suddenly my screen goes black, my tv has a clock that shows in the corner of the screen, and that even didn't show up (i thought it was a power cut as this clock has nothing to do with the ps3) but, it went on (phew :) ) but my screen warped, like when you are Taburned gassed, then I flew over the balcony (near the stairs) backward from my teammates, my one friend i was playing with had a headset and he said "what the- Shoreyo?" i never did ask him what i looked like to the others but he seemed confused and shocked. when i hit the floor, i died like you do in the story, you fall prone the sound and picture fades and a high pitched noise sounds, like when a grenade goes off near you, and it is grey screen colour. It said : "game over, Shoreyo has died" (just like in co-op when you bleed out) and it faded, but unlike your game, it never restarted, i had to pull my ps3s plug out at the back as it wouldn't work from the main screen or turn off if you pressed the off button. I did wait for 10 minutes but it never worked and when i asked my friend he never replied so I never knew what happend.

@shoreyo: thats crazy dude. it would be nice if JD or someone from trey would say what the circumstances are for those strange happenings. at least on der riese, since its happened to a few people and no one knows why.

@zeig:

ahh i don't care if its off topic, i dont think anyone knows why it happens anyways, haha.

sorry i gave you such a hard time. it just irks me sometimes when people say things like their factual when its just hearsay, or made up. Pretty soon you have alllllll these people that claim it to be true.

And trying to argue with a fanboy is most definitely a losing battle; don't waste your breath on them. The most you can do it simply point it out so others know to take their opinion with a grain of salt; since they have their heads so far up the a** of the developer they could tell you what they ate for breakfast.

There is no secret room. It doesn't exist. They didn't "block it off", it simply DOES NOT EXIST. Maybe they planned on putting a room there, but guess what? It's not. That's like saying somewhere in my house is a secret room filled with gold bars, but it was nixed on the drawing board. "BUT DUDE ITS THERE!!" But DUDE, no its NOT.

People no-clipped around the whole goddamn map, what you see is whats there buddy.

And just because the files are on the disc does not mean ITS ON THE MAP. It was put on the disc because they were planning on using it, but never did. Who knows. Maybe for balance issues. Hell if there was an ammo machine I would get to round 50.

I like when fanboys of company A make fun of fanboys / company B.

I've heard of that, ive noclipped on the pc game and there is no arm-o-matic, but i also heard they were thinking of it as a new perk machine and its even more probable that room might of been annother room to fight in, but i do know it has been replaced with a spawn point (for the zombies on the balcony :P) maby thy wanted less rooms so they axed that one?

I think you've been on Wikipedia too uch, thats where i found what you thought when i looked it up after i heard the rumor (Rule of life: something anyone can edit = NOT TRUSTABLE) :facepalm:

Yeah. I heard the ammomatic machine was actually in the shi no numa game files too.

It was just one of those things that they decided not to implement, but left in the download. One reason they could have left it there was for PC zombie level modders!

Yeah. I heard the ammomatic machine was actually in the shi no numa game files too.

It was just one of those things that they decided not to implement, but left in the download. One reason they could have left it there was for PC zombie level modders!

yeah, i used my mates PC version and went through the folders to hack the singleplayer game files, glitched and cheated on the game so i could UFO (noclipp) and i found the extra radio message about that group 93..whatever and found the books with the same thing in the hanging mans room and the folders with jpegs and notepad files on the machines height and stuff, but i checked the room and as i said before it is a spawn point now :P . i mean, a perk gives you infinite ammo untill your downed would make most of the game pointless, like buying ammo :P you could just sit in a corner with a ppsh forever, especially if you cheated on the pc so you dont have to reload (your ammo still goes down, its just in one big clip) them together would be awsome! but would ruin the game :facepalm:

oh and @zeig it is only legs and a rope. sorry.

i've never heard of people trying to get the arm o matic to mod, but you can make your own maps on pc! look here:

http://wiki.treyarch.com/wiki/Main_Page

look for the zombie maps then read all 4 mods :P you can also download others too! (lol, most are terrible though) and its only for pc :(

@zeig:

ahh i don't care if its off topic, i dont think anyone knows why it happens anyways, haha.

sorry i gave you such a hard time. it just irks me sometimes when people say things like their factual when its just hearsay, or made up. Pretty soon you have alllllll these people that claim it to be true.

And trying to argue with a fanboy is most definitely a losing battle; don't waste your breath on them. The most you can do it simply point it out so others know to take their opinion with a grain of salt; since they have their heads so far up the a** of the developer they could tell you what they ate for breakfast.

No Apologies needed :) . It was a necessary wake up call, I appreciate it. I definitely don't want to pour fuel on the rumor-mill.