What does gknova mean?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what it actually stands for...I suspect it's just a fictional name they came up with that:

A:Was an available Domain

B: Has a similar word construction to MK Ultra

Would be good if all the clues lead to a final clue which deciphers

"GKNOVA6"

as

"ZOMBIES"

The big gap for me is where it all fits into COD Black Ops...as I originally said; seems like an awfull lot of effort for a Zombie sub game to me..unless this time around its half the game??

No idea what it actually stands for...I suspect it's just a fictional name they came up with that:

A:Was an available Domain

B: Has a similar word construction to MK Ultra

Would be good if all the clues lead to a final clue which deciphers

"GKNOVA6"

as

"ZOMBIES"

The big gap for me is where it all fits into COD Black Ops...as I originally said; seems like an awfull lot of effort for a Zombie sub game to me..unless this time around its half the game??

Its not purely for Zombies.

What people have to remember is that in the Cold War, hundreds of still Classified, Secret secret missions took place, about Who-knows-what. So it could be about the campaign somehow. Hopefully about Zombies too, to increase the mystery around them, and its something big.

What if its clues to how the Zombie's are presented in Black Ops. Or a link between the story and Zombies.

Its also a viral campaign, like ilovebees.com for halo 3, or theressomethinginthesea.com for bioshock 2.

Anyone find this out? I found out that there is a Nova laser that...

"Nova was the first ICF experiment built with the intention of reaching "ignition", a chain reaction of nuclear fusion that releases a large amount of energy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_%28laser%29

seems related to the first transmission right - now we need to no what the gk6 is for :D

any other ideas?

gk is a unit of measure, the 6 could be how much that unit of measure is.

• 5 months later...

when you type GK into wikipedia, one of the options is this...

Geilenkirchen (German pronunciation: [ˈɡaɪlənkɪʁçən]) is a town in the district Heinsberg, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is situated near the border with the Netherlands, on the river Wurm, approx. 15 km north-east of Heerlen and 20 km north of Aachen.

The town gives its name to nearby NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen.

The base is home to 17 E-3A Airborne Warning and Control (AWAC) aircraft manned by crews from 14 nations

Just thought that it was interesting that GK links you to a air base :)

Geilenkirchen (German pronunciation: [ˈɡaɪlənkɪʁçən]) is a town in the district Heinsberg, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is situated near the border with the Netherlands, on the river Wurm, approx. 15 km north-east of Heerlen and 20 km north of Aachen.

The base is home to 17 E-3A Airborne Warning and Control (AWAC) aircraft manned by crews from 14 nations

Do you remember from Transmission 2 where it says...

"On the Lower Rhine and in Westphalia, he commanded for the League" this is a quote from Count Gronsfeld. Which lead us to the Gronsfeld Cipher. Anyway, Rhine and in Westphalia are mentioned and if your research is correct, I believe there could be an important connection here.

Do you remember from Transmission 2 where it says...

"On the Lower Rhine and in Westphalia, he commanded for the League" this is a quote from Count Gronsfeld. Which lead us to the Gronsfeld Cipher. Anyway, Rhine and in Westphalia are mentioned and if your research is correct, I believe there could be an important connection here.

THE MASTER TALKS, anyways nice find. :D

Not sure if this is correct..

But I seem to think gknova stands for "new German knowledge"

Nova being the Latin for new and I'm sure there is a thread with a German translation of ... Damn cant remember... Sure it translated to German knowledge... Il try and find it!

Anyways.. I'm going with new German knowledge... As in the americans are studying old german technology and research ... Hence making it new german knowledge

Edit to come.... When... If I find that damn thread!

While I can't confirm this to be 100% fact, my guess is this:

"GK" stands either for "German Knowledge" or "Geistes Kontrolle". They could be some company contracted by a government to conduct research and development of certain things.

"Nova" could refer to their product. According to the COD Wikia, it's "Nova-6", a new type of biochemical weapon of gaseous form which expands upon the last Great War's gas weapons such as Tabun, Mustard, or Sarin.

Not sure if this is correct..

But I seem to think gknova stands for "new German knowledge"

Nova being the Latin for new and I'm sure there is a thread with a German translation of ... Damn cant remember... Sure it translated to German knowledge... Il try and find it!

Anyways.. I'm going with new German knowledge... As in the americans are studying old german technology and research ... Hence making it new german knowledge

Edit to come.... When... If I find that damn thread!

Maybe, but You can't deny the Rhines and Westphalia connection.

I tought GK stood for Geistes Killer, and Nova is latin for new. So I think it's a new version of a/the geistes killer.

Just found out that geistes means ghost science aswell. Maybe we missed something?

Geistes means "mind", but including "geist" in the word does make you think, especially if you understand that "geist" is a German word for "ghost". German language is interesting like that sometimes. The word "geistes" then could touch upon paranormal, metaphysical things, such as ghosts.

"Geistes Killer" is an interesting one you mentioned. We don't know how the Nova-6 gas works yet, though; we haven't confirmed if it's a gas capable of inflicting damage to one's brain or psychological status.

I think we can agree on this...

GK - German city or German word for mind control.

Nova - The name of the project. (nova gas, nova project, etc...)

6 - The test number they are on, like their 6th attempt or 6th trial. The 6th version.

I remember reading that. :D

6 - The test number they are on, like their 6th attempt or 6th trial. The 6th version.

Found the thread... This is what id previously posted

Secondly... Have you seen our german friends translation post

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1157

Raises an intresting (new?) possibility...

Maybe "GK nova" stands for the german words "GEISTES-KONTROLLE" which means in english "MIND-CONTROL"

If some of you done latin in school you know that "NOVA" means "NEW"! -Not explosion like a "super-nova"! So when u put it together you´ll get "MIND CONTROL NEW or NEW MIND CONTROL"

So not german knowledge.. But.. New mind control

Sorted

Case closed?

Find the thread... This is what id previously posted

Secondly... Have you seen our german friends translation post

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... =16&t=1157

Raises an intresting (new?) possibility...

Maybe "GK nova" stands for the german words "GEISTES-KONTROLLE" which means in english "MIND-CONTROL"

If some of you done latin in school you know that "NOVA" means "NEW"! -Not explosion like a "super-nova"! So when u put it together you´ll get "MIND CONTROL NEW or NEW MIND CONTROL"

So not german knowledge.. But.. New mind control

Sorted

Case closed?

Case closed? Ooooohohoho, not yet. Not until November 9th. :P

So,

New Mind Control v6.

In the cold war both USA and the soviet union experimented with mind control. On GKnova6.com we see some sort of Russian text, so I guess we're in Russia this time. WW2 ended in 1945, the cold war started around 1947, so maybe they teleported from Der Riese to some research facility in Russia. And in that facility, the new experiment went wrong?

So,

New Mind Control v6.

In the cold war both USA and the soviet union experimented with mind control. On GKnova6.com we see some sort of Russian text, so I guess we're in Russia this time. WW2 ended in 1945, the cold war started around 1947, so maybe they teleported from Der Riese to some research facility in Russia. And in that facility, the new experiment went wrong?

Mind control is sort of an interesting topic of research concerning the Cold War, but I only know so much. I think we (the Americans) tried mind control experiments with drugs and other things, and the Soviets supposedly had psychics that were able to read people's minds.....though I think the Soviets did that with drugs as well, perhaps even vodka. :lol:

One thing I learned about mind control recently is that it's possible to change a person's mindset just by playing a sound or saying something; this can cause something to trigger in the subject's brain to arouse something in his personality, an extreme case being a personality change, like from a good, benevolent, kind-hearted soul into a psychopathic mass-murderer.

We don't know where the facility on GKNOVA6.com is, but thanks to the leakage of the COD:BO Achievements list, one possibility is Vozrozhdeniya (Rebirth Island). During the Cold War the island had a secret facility that conducted experiments with chemical & biological weapons, one most in particular being anthrax. Vozrozhdeniya also had a town, possible where other experiments were conducted (particularly with monkeys in the 1930's).