Weapons of the Call of Duty: Black Ops teaser.

Ok, so in the trailer, I saw, an AK-47, an M16 (A1 vietnam era), an AUG-like gun (bullpup, silenced, scope around 0:33) and an RPD. The RPD was used in Vietnam in case anybody didn't know. It had an AK-47 style magazine. There were also Vietnamese soldiers, which is why seeing an AK-47 confuses me. Unless I mixed it up with a Vietnam variant of the gun.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only noticed the aug and the ak in the trailer. But im interested to see what model of the m16 they are going to use, because the m16a1 and the m16a2 were used in the vietnam war. Im pretty sure that they introduced the m16a1 and it was a huge hit. Then many of the people experienced jams with it because it was labeled as a self cleaning rifle, so alot of people neglected them which caused jams. So they then recalled the m16 and used the m14 again until they released the m16a2, which fixed the jamming problem and introduced the burst fire, and some other small things. Or at least im pretty sure thats how it went. So do you guys think they will use the burst fire one or the non burst fire one?

well this is my first post here so helllo :D

i noticed the weapons and alot of other things like numbers ive got some screenshots hope you guys like them :)

i thought this was a rpd

ak 47 ?

m4 ?

now this is intresting this pops up for less than a second near the start

aug hbar ?

GET TO THE CHOPPPA!

skydiving?

vietnamise people? could we be undercover with them ?

flamethrower?

heres the numbers i spoke about earlier

us army conformation. and rapling conformation ?

heres some more screenshots make of them what you will

discuss :) :)

So that thing that i thought that was an ak47, and james and demon thought was an rpd, turns our were all wrong, its a rpk74. Its like a cross between an rpd and an ak47. Its classified as an lmg but it has a small mag.

m4 ?

The m4 carbine wasn't used in the vietnam war, it wasn't introduced yet. When i saw this part in the video i thought that was a mp5, but im not sure if the mp5 was used by the US then (Cause it looks like an American soldier holding it.) But the front sight of it doesnt look like an mp5's but idunno. And nice find with that m16 on that screen in the lab.

So that thing that i thought that was an ak47, and james and demon thought was an rpd, turns our were all wrong, its a rpk74. Its like a cross between an rpd and an ak47. Its classified as an lmg but it has a small mag.

m4 ?

The m4 carbine wasn't used in the vietnam war, it wasn't introduced yet. When i saw this part in the video i thought that was a mp5, but im not sure if the mp5 was used by the US then (Cause it looks like an American soldier holding it.) But the front sight of it doesnt look like an mp5's but idunno. And nice find with that m16 on that screen in the lab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

Whether or not the M16 had a more compact look (Just taking the M4A1 Carbine Variant) or it's a totally different gun like the AR-15 or an older variant of the AR-15 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15) is too soon to tell, seeing as how we can't get a side view of the weapon.

Although, an interesting theory is the story line changing. (Dates, in particular) From maybe WWII all the way up to a more modern time.

@ZiploK : I seriously think that it IS a zombie. Notice his legs, how one almost looks like bone and the other looks almost like a normal leg?

@BBS : I agree that it does look like the SPAS, the Franchi SPAS-12 (MW2) was in service from... 1979 - 2000, so it is possible that it's being used.

For Future Reference if Need Be :

Last Note : I in no way intend to seem like a Gun Nerd, or "Gun Fake". I've grown up with Guns all my life, and I had to use Google for some help, I don't know everything about guns. This is JUST my two-cents about what guns are being shown. :)

People are now saying that the w1200 is in the trailer too. I havent seen a screecap of it yet, but alot of people say they saw it. Im still skeptical.

And the gun in the picture above this reply is a car-15 (or thats what some people think)

And and, there's some other part where there's a g3/mp5 its not clear enough to tell which one it is.

And and and, acog confirmed, that american dude that gives the neck slicing motion is holding an m16/ar 15/ whatever with acog

---------

i thought this was a rpd

Not an RPD, no round drum, its an extended stick magazine and the Barrel is Waaay to long for an RPD. Looks like an RPK

---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPK

ak 47 ?

Definitely

The Ak-47 was developed in Russia 1947, based largely off of the German STG-44, which was the first Assault Rifle.

m4 ?

Not an M4, it doesn't fit the timeline, Its Either an M16-A1 or a CAR-15.

CAR-15 = AR-15 with a shortened barrel, hence the C, or Carbine.

The AR-15 and the M16 are essentially the same weapon, they just have a different manufacturer.

M16 = Colt - AR-15 = Armalite.

The AR-15 was also circulated as much if not more than the M16 during the cold war, as it was slightly less expensive than the M16.

I also caught a glimpse of of one of these with some sort of telescopic sight attached to it, as the ACOG wasnt developed yet.

now this is intresting this pops up for less than a second near the start

Interesting indeed, I didn't catch that. Some sort of blue print or weapon design? If so, and if this is a Russian Lab as previously Hypothesized, it could hint at stolen plans for a New American Weapon.

OR, and its a big one, THIS IS an AMERICAN Lab, and your being Interrogated by the very people you serve!!!(GASP!!! It would fit into the conspiracy-theory-filled-story-line!!!)

or your not being interrogated or tortured at all and they just need to know what happened. GAH! Too many possibilities!!! I suppose we'll just have to wait for more information.

aug hbar ?

Doesn't fit the Timeline, but its definitely an AUG, probably an early version of the AUG Steyr, the description does say you will use

unconventional weapons, its possible that could also include at the time prototype weapons.

GET TO THE COPPPA!

LOLS, the AH-1 Cobra that has been discussed, as the Apache doesn't fit the timeline.

flamethrower?

Lets Hope so!!! In some form or another.

Hmm what gun is that on his back, looks like a spas-12 but it doesnt really look like a shotty.

How does that not look like a Shotgun? You can Clearly see the collapsable stock of the spaz. As well as the Barrell. It is Clearly an early version of the spaz.

heres the numbers i spoke about earlier

There were Also numbers as the character looks to the left. Not sure if theyre of any significance, although seeing as the date was significant, the other numbers might be as well.

Also I haven't heard this theory about the numbers, and I really hope this isnt the case, BUT What if the Date is the actual time that the interrogation is taking place?

Alas, only time will tell

Still holding out home for the M1 Thompson Sub Machine Gun!

Ok, so in the trailer, I saw, an AK-47, an M16 (A1 vietnam era), an AUG-like gun (bullpup, silenced, scope around 0:33) and an RPD. The RPD was used in Vietnam in case anybody didn't know. It had an AK-47 style magazine. There were also Vietnamese soldiers, which is why seeing an AK-47 confuses me. Unless I mixed it up with a Vietnam variant of the gun.

Why are you confused about the AK-47? It was developed in 1947 in Russia, and used all in nearly every conflict since that time. . .

While this points to Vietnam, The Steyr AUG was put into use in 1978

Indeed, but the game takes place in more than just vietnam.

And and and, acog confirmed, that american dude that gives the neck slicing motion is holding an m16/ar 15/ whatever with acog

Technically the ACOG wasnt developed until the 1990's, but it definitely is another form of Telescopic sight.

m4 ?

I'm still going with the CAR-15 Commando model on this one. Not only does it look like the Commando, but it fits the time line AND was specifically issued to members of the Studies and Observations Group, which you might recognize from the recently uncovered GKNOVA6 document and the VG247 article which pointed towards the S.O.G. being the faction we'll be appointed to in Black Ops.

n April 1967, the Army purchased 510 Colt 629 Commandos for use by troops assigned to the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG), and designated them XM177E2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAR-15#CAR-15_Commando_.28XM177.2FGAU-5_series.29

http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/19/rumour-call-of-duty-casting-call-mentions-sog-in-vietnam-details-characters/

@ZiploK : I seriously think that it IS a zombie. Notice his legs, how one almost looks like bone and the other looks almost like a normal leg?

I know everyone wants there to be Zombies, And there will be, but they wont be integrated into the campaign, It would be cool to a certain extent, but I don't see it happening.

About the leg that "looks like bone", you can clearly see that his pants are either rolled up, or cut off. Whereas on the other leg his pants are all the way down. That leg is in no way thin enough to be just bone.

I know everyone wants there to be Zombies, And there will be, but they wont be integrated into the campaign, It would be cool to a certain extent, but I don't see it happening.

About the leg that "looks like bone", you can clearly see that his pants are either rolled up, or cut off. Whereas on the other leg his pants are all the way down. That leg is in no way thin enough to be just bone.

agreed. people are looking to much into things as they did with der riese. "there are X lanterns in the map, that leads to X date which kind of links to X event that CONFIRMS map pack 4!!! :3 :3 :3

Hmm what gun is that on his back, looks like a spas-12 but it doesnt really look like a shotty.

How does that not look like a Shotgun? You can Clearly see the collapsable stock of the spaz. As well as the Barrell. It is Clearly an early version of the spaz.

I was a little bit tired when i posted this one (It was like 4 in the morning) but now that i look back it does clearing look like a shotgun, and clearly look like a spas. But i think i was saying that it doesnt look like a shotty because the spas is really "Wide" because most shotguns just have a small circular barrel.

Technically the ACOG wasnt developed until the 1990's, but it definitely is another form of Telescopic sight.

Im not sure when acog was developed but i do know that that it was first developed for the m16. And in the trailer that sight was definitely on a m16

I was a little bit tired when i posted this one (It was like 4 in the morning) but now that i look back it does clearing look like a shotgun, and clearly look like a spas. But i think i was saying that it doesnt look like a shotty because the spas is really "Wide" because most shotguns just have a small circular barrel.

Im not sure when acog was developed but i do know that that it was first developed for the m16. And in the trailer that sight was definitely on a m16

EDIT: Im a fail at quotes <.>