So We get Screwed Again!!!

# The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package DLC will hit PS3 in North America on May 4th, everywhere else May 5th. PC gets it worldwide on May 4th about 2 hours ago via CoTweet

So, now we have to wait MORE than a month? GREAT! Jackask. So, extreme long wait times, crappy games in between, maps that aren't that great, extremely overpriced...

Who's With Me On Not Buying This?!?!?!?! :evil: :x

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah not really worth it, only 3 new maps and there not great. They were ok for like 3 days and now I'm back to playing all the maps

That's exactly how I feel.... I'm not paying for this crap, unless my dad does...... Blegh...

I never hated IW so much in my life

Nothing to do with Infinity Ward simple fact that microsoft have paid for the privelege in some way, same as they did with GTAIV. I guess they will charge £8 a pop but of that an extra £1 will go to IW if they can have it a month early. It means they can say "get all the big exclusives first on Xbox, don't bother with PS3 cos you'll have to wait". If I was a first time buyer it would make me think.

Guess sony aren't prepared to pay or don't think that they'll need to, they think the fan base is too sticky to care.

I'm not that fussed, it's just business. Would rather have them now but it's not much money really so I don't mind paying. You'll all get them inthe end.

I really don't understand why Infinity Ward gets so much love from the gaming community. Don't get me wrong, MW2 is a fun game and I play it often, but my god is it half baked! Technical glitches galore, tons of maps that are nearly identical, worlds shortest single player mode, half assed spec ops mode, extremely unbalanced multiplayer.... and now the map packs for ps3 delay AND 3 maps for $15! That's just a d*ck move no matter how you cut it. And yet, MW2 did $1bil, gets rave reviews and infinite love from gamers everywhere.

World at War was a superior game in almost every measurable way and yet Treyarch is the read headed step child, the filler between IW releases, who seems to get kicked by every gamer at every turn.

What is going on here??? I mean, sure JD is the WORST CM IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES... but at least the d*mn game is good, right?

Guest patastinky

I gave on IW 2 weeks after the release date. Let's not forget how hard it was to get a match the 1st 48 hours. I couldn't connect with my friends, servers were down. That's why i play zombies. :ugeek:

• 2 weeks later...

I voted - Up Yours, IW!

The next CoD related purchase I make will be CoD 7 and not MW2 DLC

This

Don't feel bad, they're terrible anyway. Not worth the $15 or so dollars they cost. Hell, I wouldn't get them if they were free; now I don't have to play them the few times I ever even bother to play the shitty game.

and this.

I've gone back to waw, I simply cannot stand MW2 anymore. It's just not a great game.

I really don't understand why Infinity Ward gets so much love from the gaming community. Don't get me wrong, MW2 is a fun game and I play it often, but my god is it half baked! Technical glitches galore, tons of maps that are nearly identical, worlds shortest single player mode, half assed spec ops mode, extremely unbalanced multiplayer.... and now the map packs for ps3 delay AND 3 maps for $15! That's just a d*ck move no matter how you cut it. And yet, MW2 did $1bil, gets rave reviews and infinite love from gamers everywhere.

World at War was a superior game in almost every measurable way and yet Treyarch is the read headed step child, the filler between IW releases, who seems to get kicked by every gamer at every turn.

What is going on here??? I mean, sure JD is the WORST CM IN THE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES... but at least the d*mn game is good, right?

Hey man, there's more than one way to slice a turd. (That turd being Infinity Ward.) At least JD doesn't get drunk on the job. OH, TOO SOON!!!

Well, that should spawn some angry comments. My job is done.

It really is the superior game and it sucks that it doesn't get the attention it still deserves. As soon as I picked up my controller to play MW2 I instantly knew I was gonna hate it.

Hey man, there's more than one way to slice a turd. (That turd being Infinity Ward.) At least JD doesn't get drunk on the job. OH, TOO SOON!!!

Well, that should spawn some angry comments. My job is done.

Okay, I must have been living in a hole because WHAT?!

When do these map packs come out for Ps3 anyway?

It really is the superior game and it sucks that it doesn't get the attention it still deserves. As soon as I picked up my controller to play MW2 I instantly knew I was gonna hate it.

I think the problem is that there is only so much you can do with WWII. Pound for pound, W@W is a better game than MW2, period, end of report. BUT, controlling an AC130 is a ton of fun. Pwning the shit out of dozens of Russian troops in a Virginia suburb with a predator missile is a ton of fun. Thermal scopes, barrett .50cal sniper rifles, fighting in the White House, sneaking up on people and stabbing them in the neck is just plain fun. WWII was gritty, dirty, grey, low tech and depressing (I personally like that better, but I can understand why most people don't). And WWII has been done over, and over, and over, and over again. W@W was the shiznit, but I'm so ready to leave WWII behind, and I think Treyarch obviously feels the same way. And I think this is why COD7 will be cold war covert ops... it's the best of both worlds - small, special ops teams facing overwhelming odds and doing cool shit, but still historical and gritty. Just my $.02

Its simple, the uninformed masses. They go where others say are cool, and in turn they think its cool. No offense to those guys, they literally just dont know any better.

I do feel slightly sorry for you PS3 gamers out there and dont really understand it.

My honest opinion of the maps would say to buy them - they are a breath of fresh air and will make you enjoy the game again (if you were annoyed before)

dont want to start a war here BUT....i love my playstation dearly, the options are endless when it comes to downloading movies and music online, built in wireles, and now we just got a firmware update for 3d games and movies!!! i like to see what ur box will do next :D

I think the problem is that there is only so much you can do with WWII. Pound for pound, W@W is a better game than MW2, period, end of report. BUT, controlling an AC130 is a ton of fun. Pwning the shit out of dozens of Russian troops in a Virginia suburb with a predator missile is a ton of fun. Thermal scopes, barrett .50cal sniper rifles, fighting in the White House, sneaking up on people and stabbing them in the neck is just plain fun. WWII was gritty, dirty, grey, low tech and depressing (I personally like that better, but I can understand why most people don't). And WWII has been done over, and over, and over, and over again. W@W was the shiznit, but I'm so ready to leave WWII behind, and I think Treyarch obviously feels the same way. And I think this is why COD7 will be cold war covert ops... it's the best of both worlds - small, special ops teams facing overwhelming odds and doing cool shit, but still historical and gritty. Just my $.02

Which is about .04 pounds. Not that I'm British. ANYWAY, the Vietnam era will be, quite literally, a blast because it will provide that dark, gritty, vintage feel while providing tech that was just coming into service. This culminates into an experience where you CAN control an AC-130, but it would be through a radio pounding in coordinates instead of a touch screen laptop. Good enough to satisfy hard core Modern Warfare gamers and convert them to Treyarch-anity, and also serve justice to those of us that have already seen the light. :geek: