Another Hint from Treyarch?

So if you go to

http://www.callofduty.com/CoDWW homepage

Check out the image for IPad Zombies that they have used at the top of page, do you think they might be hinting that Der Riese still has more to it?? I mean there are words written on the wall.

I remember when they gave us the wallpaper that looks to be based in a similuar area, but had no writing on the wall in the background everyone said it must mean there was possibly a teleporter that we had not yet found a way to access. Maybe they were right afterall.

So one other thing I noticed was that Ipad zombies have a differant skin for some of there zombies if you look at the screen grabs on CODHQ, I mean I dont remember ever seeing a zombag in camo, have you?

Well I came across a texture in the PC files that might be of interest. It could just be from the SP or MP game files, I am reasonably observant though and I really dont think I have seen it in game before.

General Waffen = General Weapon

I mean two differant body skins both covered in slime and fibrerous/ roots....

Plus the riginal Der Riese wallpaper had Zombags with headgear, these textures also feature a helmut unlike the Honour Gaurd skins.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well first where is the writing

Lets try again

1st paragraph

"So if you go to

http://www.callofduty.com/CoDWW homepage

Check out the image for IPad Zombies that they have used at the top of page, do you think they might be hinting that Der Riese still has more to it?? I mean there are words written on the wall, I cant make them out as I dont have my glasses to hand. Can anyone see what it says??

Maybe someone could screengrab it and possibly enlarge for us all to see it."

Also the textures I posted are labelled General Waffen Body 1 and 2. I would screengrab the advert if I could but my PC just wont run with it.

Danke Schoen CarbonF, just gona edit the OP with your screengrab so peeps get it all in one.

So does anyone have any thoughts on the other textures posted? Maybe a few zombags we have left to find...

With regards the text, DARKNESS WILL COME... maybe this referances the text found in Veruckt. What was it? something like FAULTERING SECURITIES LIE ON THE SUN? Maybe the Nazis hoped to block out the sun with the moon....permanently :D

Anyone else notice the significance in the title of the file that held the images? GENERAL Weapon? Perhaps we were to see some sort of boss fight in one of the levels named General Weapon.

I noticed the 'waffen' tied in with some research i done on the waffen SS being in charge of Der Riese. Treyarch sure know how to release intel and i think we should always keep a close eye on all releases.

Anyone else notice the significance in the title of the file that held the images? GENERAL Weapon? Perhaps we were to see some sort of boss fight in one of the levels named General Weapon.

A boss fight in zombies sounds absolutely unheard of but imagine how awesome that could of been. You'd have the whole of Der Riese to roam around to fight, would have been unreal especially if the zombies carried on coming in.

It's nothing big. Just the advertisement for the iPad zombies. I wouldn't read into it to much.

That camo thing is quite interesting though. Maybe we are going to see the zombies in a more wildlife based environment like in Shi No Numa?

Totally appreciate your line of thinking there, let me tell you why I think it may well be one of the many layered clues that have been dropped.

You probably just think the wallpaper was not of any significance, so of course the advert obviously still in the same area has no importance either.

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/272

This is a quote from the intel with a little bit highlighted.

"Our recon team out in the field has finally started to get new information about the latest Zombie infestation. We’ve pinpointed the location to be an old factory called Der Riese. Most of the recon team was slaughtered, and we were only able to receive this one image of the carnage going on at Der Riese.

"Troops, study this desktop background carefully, as we’ll need as much preparation as possible to fend off the legions of zombies". The good news is that it seems like there are new technologies at the factory that we should be able to take advantage of."

Treyarch have multiple layers of clues spread throughout their website as well as in game.

If the zombies dont get to me first I hope to....oh noess.... they're arrrrg

That was a very good catch, good eyesight... Although i wish it had to do with DerRiese, i don't think it does, because truely in my opinion, Der Riese has been fished out and there is basically nothing else to be found at that map. Also I dont think that Treyarch would put a clue in the iPad zombies banner. I hope i am wrong though. Good catch!!!

• 1 month later...

It's nothing big. Just the advertisement for the iPad zombies. I wouldn't read into it to much.

That camo thing is quite interesting though. Maybe we are going to see the zombies in a more wildlife based environment like in Shi No Numa?

Totally appreciate your line of thinking there, let me tell you why I think it may well be one of the many layered clues that have been dropped.

You probably just think the wallpaper was not of any significance, so of course the advert obviously still in the same area has no importance either.

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/272

This is a quote from the intel with a little bit highlighted.

"Our recon team out in the field has finally started to get new information about the latest Zombie infestation. We’ve pinpointed the location to be an old factory called Der Riese. Most of the recon team was slaughtered, and we were only able to receive this one image of the carnage going on at Der Riese.

"Troops, study this desktop background carefully, as we’ll need as much preparation as possible to fend off the legions of zombies". The good news is that it seems like there are new technologies at the factory that we should be able to take advantage of."

Treyarch have multiple layers of clues spread throughout their website as well as in game.

If the zombies dont get to me first I hope to....oh noess.... they're arrrrg

what happened to him??

did anyone else see this? why didnt anybody alert the proper authorities?

oh noess are serious.

In my opinion I think they just designed a random room and put quotes from the last 3 maps in it and turned the image into a advertisement. Plus, why come out with clues so late in the game? I mean World at War has been out for a while now and has run through most of its steam, so to speak. I can see where you made the comparison between that image and Der Riese, but sometimes advertisements are just that... advertisements.

• 2 weeks later...