Multiplayer Perks

Whats the point of having perk slots if you can flip flop? If they had this in say, mw2, everyone would be using stopping power and cold blooded. It would be just like that in waw and cod4, everyone would use camouflage/uav jammer, stopping power, and jugg.

I think they should get rid of jugg and stopping power, but like iced earth said, they have to rework it or else everyone would use uav jammer/ cold blooded /camouflage which could be a game breaker. It would be just like hardcore in mw2, everyone uses Coldblooded.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there where just a faster ADS perk (sleight of hand pro) I would love that, and always use it on my sniper

I think they should just keep the snipers like they were in cod4 & w@w... They had faster ADS times then the snipers in mw2, but in mw2 you can now use SoH which makes it even faster ADS then in cod4 & W@W. So i say no faster ADS perk, because its pretty much the only perk you can use while sniping in mw2, once you use SoH its impossible to go back :/

Zieghail, why all the hate? MW2 is really not that bad of a game, and is my favorite, other than RDR. If you are so mad of noobs with commando and other things, how bout you counter them with the same perks, or even a riot shield. It doesn't really matter if other people see you as a noob for it, it matters that if its in the game and everyone can have it, its fair. So if your having a bad time with the game then DON'T PLAY IT. Because there are 1000's of people out there that love MW2, like me, so stop hating, and go play another game. Because its really not cool to talk so much crap about MW2 when there are tons of people that love it, and think its perfect the way it is. Oh, and MW2 isn't even really a Call of Duty game, IW broke it from the series and started a new franchise.

Zieghail, why all the hate? MW2 is really not that bad of a game, and is my favorite, other than RDR. If you are so mad of noobs with commando and other things, how bout you counter them with the same perks, or even a riot shield. It doesn't really matter if other people see you as a noob for it, it matters that if its in the game and everyone can have it, its fair. So if your having a bad time with the game then DON'T PLAY IT. Because there are 1000's of people out there that love MW2, like me, so stop hating, and go play another game. Because its really not cool to talk so much crap about MW2 when there are tons of people that love it, and think its perfect the way it is. Oh, and MW2 isn't even really a Call of Duty game, IW broke it from the series and started a new franchise.

No, it says Call of Duty on the case and they officially announced about A YEAR AGO that it is considered part of the Call of Duty series. So you are wrong, as always.

MW2 was made for the casual gamer. IW just wanted to make a money, so they made a game that anyone can pick up and be good at. M/L/C and OMA has ruined this game, it's Modern Warfare, yet half of the players run around with a knife. And the people who love the game are probably their casual fanbase.

Oh, and lots of people have loved bad things in the past, yet they are still bad.

And as Zhetone said, MW2 was a Call of Duty game.

LOL, It is still a part of the Series, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't, But it is.

I don't hate the game, Its just a simple fact: ITS REALLY, REALLY BAD.

I REFUSE to degrade myself and stoop to everyone else's level of playing. The people who play as you are suggesting I should play, have no gaming morals, and no gaming integrity, nor any respect for the game itself.

I REFUSE to Sacrifice My Integrity and My morals simply because everyone else playing modern warfare does.

I will not play like a D-BAG just to get a high score or get a lot of kills or even for a win. None of those numbers matter if the people playing the game absolutely RUIN it.

I play with integrity and Honesty. Most of the time that even works out, but It gets old when everyone else your playing with only care about numbers.

Because of that, I DO PLAY ANOTHER GAME. Its Called WORLD AT WAR. Where IM NOT the only one playing with Integrity. People play World at War because they Enjoy it, and Because the Game is Amazing, Not for numbers.

Which is why:

Treyarch > infinity ward

World at War > infinity ward

World ar War > modern warfare 2

Black Ops > modern warfare 2

LOL, It is still a part of the Series, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't, But it is.

I don't hate the game, Its just a simple fact: ITS REALLY, REALLY BAD.

I REFUSE to degrade myself and stoop to everyone else's level of playing. The people who play as you are suggesting I should play, have no gaming morals, and no gaming integrity, nor any respect for the game itself.

I REFUSE to Sacrifice My Integrity and My morals simply because everyone else playing modern warfare does.

I will not play like a D-BAG just to get a high score or get a lot of kills or even for a win. None of those numbers matter if the people playing the game absolutely RUIN it.

I play with integrity and Honesty. Most of the time that even works out, but It gets old when everyone else your playing with only care about numbers.

Because of that, I DO PLAY ANOTHER GAME. Its Called WORLD AT WAR. Where IM NOT the only one playing with Integrity. People play World at War because they Enjoy it, and Because the Game is Amazing, Not for numbers.

Which is why:

Treyarch > infinity ward

World at War > infinity ward

World ar War > modern warfare 2

Black Ops > modern warfare 2

Amen to that dude...100% agreed.

There are a few perks I'd like to see go, firstly I would prefer there to be no damage or armour buffers, and get rid of Scavenger in favour of having the ability to always be able to pick up small amounts of ammo from weapons of downed combatants, so long as the weapon uses the same rounds that is. Also I'd like to see Last Stand go, probably the worst perk they put in besides Commando imo.

Other MP stuff I'd like to see:

Barebones playlists - no kill/deathstreak rewards, no perks, just one weapon attachment. Or 2 :D Definitely have this for Free-For-All, TDM, S&D and Sabotage.

Cage Match 1vs1 mode return

No Riot Shields

Get rid of titles and just keep emblems, only one avatar is really necessary and I don't care if your average [420]xX_mast3rch13f_Xx likes having two weed related pictures come up

No forced respawn after a few seconds, it's insanely annoying when you spawn and a harrier or some other killstreak reward kills you before you can move 10 feet

No quit out penalties (ie counting it as a loss) - if you're playing with glitchers and what not, it's frustrating that you either have to stay and lose or quit and lose

Be given an option as to whether or not you want to join a game in progress

I think the perks should be less powerful. In mw2 you had unlimited sprint but cod 4 you had increaced sprint. In mw2 you had invisability to killstreaks and uav and the red name thing. in cod 4 you had invisibility to uav. There are so many other examples... (btw cod 4 is the much better game)

There are a few perks I'd like to see go, firstly I would prefer there to be no damage or armour buffers, and get rid of Scavenger in favour of having the ability to always be able to pick up small amounts of ammo from weapons of downed combatants, so long as the weapon uses the same rounds that is. Also I'd like to see Last Stand go, probably the worst perk they put in besides Commando imo.

Barebones playlists - no kill/deathstreak rewards, no perks, just one weapon attachment. Or 2 :D Definitely have this for Free-For-All, TDM, S&D and Sabotage.

No Riot Shields

Get rid of titles and just keep emblems, only one avatar is really necessary and I don't care if your average [420]xX_mast3rch13f_Xx likes having two weed related pictures come up

No forced respawn after a few seconds, it's insanely annoying when you spawn and a harrier or some other killstreak reward kills you before you can move 10 feet

No quit out penalties (ie counting it as a loss) - if you're playing with glitchers and what not, it's frustrating that you either have to stay and lose or quit and lose

the only thing i see wrong with this is the no quit out penalties, if that was the case, then there would be so many people that would play, and if they are about to lose, quit, so they don't get a loss. i admit it does suck to get in those types of games. but that's something you have to deal with.

the only thing i see wrong with this is the no quit out penalties, if that was the case, then there would be so many people that would play, and if they are about to lose, quit, so they don't get a loss. i admit it does suck to get in those types of games. but that's something you have to deal with.

Well tbh there are ways around it, ie they could have no quit out penalty if you've been in the game under 2 minutes or something, BC2 doesn't have quit out penalties and in the 80-100 hours I put into it people quitting out wasn't that common or much of a big deal. I don't think it's something I should just have to deal with - in the case of MW2 I paid for the game, I went to play it and it 's full of people ruining the experience IW promised because there are numerous glitches that players can use to their advantage and yet people get penalized for leaving those games, so you either stay and lose or you leave and lose, it's frustratingly idiotic, especially when there are ways of boosting XP and raising k/d and w/l they haven't and will probably never address.

Like I said, quitting out within 2 minutes of joining a game shouldn't incur any negative repercussions imo, that would be fair and stop quit-outs near the end of the game.

No Riot Shields

I agree mostly. However:

If they do get rid of last stand, I think there should at least still be some way to revive people. It added such a great, and yet another, level of Strategy to Hardcore Search and Destroy in World at War.

If players are not forced to respawn at some point then nobody would in a situation like that, which would be pretty horrible. I think you are misplacing the reason for this happening. The map design plays a major part, And Treyarch is just about the best map-maker there is, so you shouldn't worry. Not to mention that there wont be any retardo kill streak rewards in Black Ops.

If there was an option to not join a game in progress, 90% of games where people back out would not fill back up again. They could put restraints on the matchmaking but then it would just be slower, leaving yet another thing for Treyarch Haters to complain about. Treyarch said they are improving on World at War's matchmaking system, which can only be a good thing.

I agree mostly. However:

If they do get rid of last stand, I think there should at least still be some way to revive people. It added such a great, and yet another, level of Strategy to Hardcore Search and Destroy in World at War.

If players are not forced to respawn at some point then nobody would in a situation like that, which would be pretty horrible. I think you are misplacing the reason for this happening. The map design plays a major part, And Treyarch is just about the best map-maker there is, so you shouldn't worry. Not to mention that there wont be any retardo kill streak rewards in Black Ops.

If there was an option to not join a game in progress, 90% of games where people back out would not fill back up again. They could put restraints on the matchmaking but then it would just be slower, leaving yet another thing for Treyarch Haters to complain about. Treyarch said they are improving on World at War's matchmaking system, which can only be a good thing.

I agree with all that, the forced respawn in a matter of seconds really annoys me still though, the way BC2 does it is that if you don't respawn after a certain amount of time you get kicked for inactivity, I think that's more than fair, however I don't think spawning when you're immediately going to get AC-130'd is going to make the game fun or fair, however like you say Treyarch have thusfar made much more fair multi-player and hopefully there won't be any retardo (great word btw :D ) killstreaks and the maps will be a lot better.

And yeah being able to choose whether or not to join a game in progress would probably lead to games becoming empty, if they included the no quit out penalty if you've been in the game for less than 2 mins I talked about earlier then I guess that would make joining in progress games more fair too so you could still leave if as soon as you enter people are glitching or the host is absolutely terrible (far too common in MW2).

MW2 killstreaks and maps were horrible, I hope Treyarch deliver on both this time :)

I think they should take out FMJ (especially considering that's the standard military ammo type anyway) and bring back Deep Impact. I think they should take out the "pro" parts of the perks and for most of them make the pro part its own separate perk, or include the pro with the perk from the start. I definitely don't want to see Bling go, but I'd rather them rename it to something a little more serious. Get rid of Commando, unlimited sprint, and take out Cold Blooded and bring back UAV Jammer or Camo. I also like how in WaW you could aim down your sights faster with a submachine gun, instead of moving faster while ADS in COD4. Lastly, I hope they take out the aperture sight (it wouldn't work, its basically like having a rear sight and no front sight. How would you know your weapon is lined up?). I'm not sure when reflex sights came about, but I do know they weren't around in Vietnam. So instead of apertures or red dots, a 1x scope would probably be best.

other then the perks...

i think in the playlist there should be categories...

like ever category would have tdm, s&d, headquarters, etc...

but you could shift between regular, hardcore,mercenary, barebones(no noobtubes and stuff like that), old school, and maybe a custom of them all or whatever else that would fit into that...

and then you could do tdm or hardcore tdm with just switching between tabs,so that the playlist wouldn't be so full with different game type categories...

not mixed all together, you just get to pick it like regular but it has tabs at the top of the different categories that you get to choose from...

it would also free up rooms so that people that want to play alone can play mercenary s&d and wouldn't have to play with a full squad of 6 people in regular s&d

Perk 1:

Plunder - Strip grenades, flashbangs or magazines of an enemy corpse.

KillStreak: Customized Killstreaks

Sleight of Hand: Faster Reloads

SideKick: Drop a wireless camera to cover your blind spot, see picture in a corner of your screen.

Perk 2:

Stopping Power: Increased Bullet Damage

Cure-All: Heal Faster

Infrared: See through walls for a certain period of time (5 sec.)

Perk 3:

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando

Double Tap: Faster Rate of Fire

Streaker : Ability to take off your pants and run naked across the level :)

Thats all i got. Thanks. Let me know if u got anyothers...

that is all good but remember this is vietnam not mw2 so some of these things don't fit.....and we need a perk like ninja

Perk 1:

SideKick: Drop a wireless camera to cover your blind spot, see picture in a corner of your screen.

Perk 2:

Perk 3:

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando

Thats all i got. Thanks. Let me know if u got anyothers...

u gotta include a dead-silence perk. that was one of the best peks

No Offense here, but many of these are things that made modern warfare 2 the absolutely horrible game that it is.

Perk 1:

Perk 2:

Perk 3:

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando

Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power must be the same tier. That was one of the dumbest things in modern warfare. EVERYONE WILL use stopping power and Sleight of hand if they are seperate tiers. They Absolutely must be the same tier.

There is no commando.

A perk that you have to activate is essentially equipment. Being able to see through walls would be bad anyway, it would be just like a heartbeat sensor. You'll end up needing 45 different perks to stay hidden from all the dumb equipment and other things that can detect you.

Same with the Camera, Its an interesting Idea, but it should be equipment if anything, and would really really encourage camping.

There is absolutely no need for two perks that effect your running speed. It would be much better if they go back to only extreme conditioning. Sprinting indefinitely is ridiculous, and one of the worst perks in modern warfare 2.

Lol. I LOVE Extreme Conditioning. I absolutely hate marathon though. I also Agree that there should be no "pro" perks. Pro perks essentially give the player 6 perks. Which is horrible.

No deathstreaks, no juggernaut, martyrdom, danger close/fireworks, one man army, no pro perks and NO MARATHON/LIGHTWEIGHT/COMMANDO. But I will accept Extreme Conditioning. Because nobody used that anyway.

Quoted for Truth.