Multiplayer Perks

Ok everyone. We have played WaW and were content with the perks, aside from Juggernaut :lol:

We have played MW2 and, well at least I am disgusted with the perks, commando especially.

Anyway if Treyarch were to resdesign the perk system.

What would you want to see / have them do to provide a well balanced and new system for multiplayer perks?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Commando, Marathon and Lightweight type perks don't make it, I'm happy ;) I'd also be up for less damage increased based perks, such as Stopping Power. I think another cool way to balance perks would be for them to all have a pro and con ability.

Perk 1:

Plunder - Strip grenades, flashbangs or magazines of an enemy corpse.

KillStreak: Customized Killstreaks

Sleight of Hand: Faster Reloads

SideKick: Drop a wireless camera to cover your blind spot, see picture in a corner of your screen.

Perk 2:

Stopping Power: Increased Bullet Damage

Cure-All: Heal Faster

Infrared: See through walls for a certain period of time (5 sec.)

KillStreak: Customized Killstreaks

Perk 3:

Marathon

Lightweight

Commando

Double Tap: Faster Rate of Fire

Streaker : Ability to take off your pants and run naked across the level :)

Thats all i got. Thanks. Let me know if u got anyothers...

I'd like to see them throw in some sort of perk similar to danger close that gives you more explosive weapon damage. Also lets do away with Martydom and last (final) stand totally.

Heres some new ones I thought up of:

Scattershot-Scatters the shot of weapon farther hitting more enemies but losing power

automatic-ugrades any un-automatic weapon to full auto

homing fire-your bullets hone in on an enemy. A good drawback to make it fair could be that it will hone on to the closest body, friend or foe.

quick knife-speeds up your melee attack or allows you to knife more than once without having to "recharge".

Revenge of the undead-Allows you to come back after a death and using only your knife hunt down the guy who killed you. But it only last for 15 seconds

End of the End-Gain the power of Chuck Norris for 0.0001 seconds.

Yea I don't see those last two happening :lol: plus chuck norris is way to overused.

Well I think there should be customized perks because if gives you and incentive for using them. Jugg should not make its way back to any COD. Only for zombies ;)

I enjoy WaW. So i dont think they should move to far away from the set up there but a few new things would be nice and also taking away stuff is also nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I think juggernaut should return because I never had problem with it.

custom killstreaks should be like in MW2 but not owerpowerd.

in the beginning of every round/match ,you should select a create-a-class and create-a-loadout(could find a better name for a killstreak loadout.)so every time you prestige(there are rumors wich are about there will be 15 prestiges)you will earn a create-a-class slot and every time you prestige twice you will get a create-a-loadout slot.also the map should be huge like in BBC2 .so thet can place wehicles in it(not just tanks but motorbikes ,transports...)

ı also have an idea to make commando more fun for victims.when you use commando from a long distance, your character should start fighting with the other character(just for a second or a little longer) so somebody can save you while he's hitting you.

about the perks, overkill should retun, couse a man from treyarch (his name was van I think)said that ^we dont like the idea of carrying shotguns and machinepistoles as secondry^

also I was thinking about using kinefes as secondry or even as a third weapon.that would be a good way to deal with the knife-monkeys.so ,when you dont have a knife as secondary, you will have to hit your enemy twicw with melee.

OH COME ON! Why all the commando hate!? All I ever heard were complaints about snipers and campers in W@W and, well, commando + lightweight + marathon + tactical knife is simply the counter to camping/sniping. Would everybody feel better about it if there were a way to counter the Stabby McStabbingtons?

In my opinion, there's nothing terribly wrong with the perks in MW2. The real problem is the spawn system, map layout, overpowered killstreaks, and glitches. The perks just exacerbate these fundamental issues and it's an easy/visible thing to blame.

Also, if your tired of getting stabbed, stop camping in the same spot over and over again =p

well it has to fit the era first of all , and second i think death perks should stay. death perks help out when our having a bad day on cod. i would like to see most of the mw2 perks but with the exception for a few tweaks to some. maybe one where you can climb in a tree like the japanese on w@w and i would love to streak naked and hump people for something like a humiliation perk lol. they could fix commando by just giveing you a bigger knife . and have 9-12 guns per class with tons of attachments so the possibilitys are more open. keep bouncing bettys , and i would love to still hear " our recon plane will find them" :ugeek:

Commando will not make its way back. You can increase knife range without overpowering it. Commando lets you teleport (I.e. when your mid lunge during commando your technically invincible) and it doesnt slow down your knife. Bayonet increased range but slowed it down. I.E. BALANCED. Commando is broken and stupid and the developers that post on the WaW forums agreed.

Also I think Stopping Power should stay simply for the fact that if it were gone, everyone would use Cold Blooded/Camoflauge/ UAV Jammer. And that would defeat the whole purpose of killstreaks.

NOTHING AT ALL From modern suckfest 3000, NOTHING. I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one completely disappointed with the perk system in that horrible game. I mean Seriously, one man army(aka "pull-a-new-kit-or-the-same-kit-with-more-ammo-out-of-your-ass" perk) with noob tubes? Indefinite Sprint? Show me one person in the world that can sprint indefinitely. Scavenger? Hey that guy had a noob-friendly(I guess what weapon isn't in modern suckfest) barett and thats all he had, so lets pick up bullets for my mp5 and a couple of grenades and claymore out of his barett! Yeah that makes sense. . . Everything about modern suckfest 3000 ruined Call of Duty, especially Hardcore Search and Destroy.

Luckily, as stated by someone else here, the developers at Treyarch have some common sense, and have realized Exactly that point and that modern warfare 2 is broken because of it. They have stated they will not reference modern warfare 2 for anything at all! THANK YOU TREYARCH! Please continue to make your Own game, So everyone will be forced to realize once and for all that You are a better developer than infinity ward.

Back on topic I suppose. . .

The perks would have to fit into the Cold War Era, 1947 - 1991, and Just imagine some of the Killstreak possibilities! Napalm Strike? I dont mind if I do! Nothing gay like modern suckfest, there shouldn't be quite as many killstreak rewards either. They also shouldn't stack although I believe thats already been stated. . .

• 4 weeks later...

take out stopping power and juggernaut and since theres vehicles add a perk that increases damage done to vehicles(new version of stopping power) also add a perk that makes vehicles do less damage to you(new version of juggernaut) :D

They have stated they will not reference modern warfare 2 for anything at all! THANK YOU TREYARCH! Please continue to make your Own game, So everyone will be forced to realize once and for all that You are a better developer than infinity ward.

What about host migration? Oh wait...

Also, if you get rid of stopping power/jugg, camouflage CANNOT be a 2nd tier perk; because everyone will use it. They might have to rework what perks go where if they get rid of those two.

They have stated they will not reference modern warfare 2 for anything at all! THANK YOU TREYARCH! Please continue to make your Own game, So everyone will be forced to realize once and for all that You are a better developer than infinity ward.

What about host migration? Oh wait...

Also, if you get rid of stopping power/jugg, camouflage CANNOT be a 2nd tier perk; because everyone will use it. They might have to rework what perks go where if they get rid of those two.

Host Migration is in the game, but it's probably Treyarch's own host migration system. They didn't take the idea from MW2, either.

I think it would be cool if you could flip-flop the perks to another tier. So maybe you could have stopping power and cold blooded, so that could give more customization to the way you use your perks.

EDIT: I don't think they should take away Bling because I love having two attachments.

I think it would be cool if you could flip-flop the perks to another tier. So maybe you could have stopping power and cold blooded, so that could give more customization to the way you use your perks.

EDIT: I don't think they should take away Bling because I love having two attachments.

It's a good idea, but it could cause problems. With your idea, could you use two perks form the same tier at once?