the question marks on the map

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys! i looked at all the rooms with question marks and found this. Every room with a question mark in it has a barrel with stuff burning in it, or a pile of burning stuff. Maybe another clue? or a coincidence.

I think you might be onto something! :D We should look into that!

Possibly... They gotta represent something!

What you thinking hotshot... synchronized grenades/ monkey?

maybe they we burning all the files so nobody knew what was going on. But not all the files we burned! For ex. the paper in the grate or the paper in the monkey bomb glitch. There could also be something in the barrels. I'll have to look in them or try pressing x on them or something... [brains]

guys! i looked at all the rooms with question marks and found this. Every room with a question mark in it has a barrel with stuff burning in it, or a pile of burning stuff. Maybe another clue? or a coincidence.

I think you might be onto something! :D We should look into that!

Possibly... They gotta represent something!

What you thinking hotshot... synchronized grenades/ monkey?

This is the idea/theory I'm thinking of:

1. You get to a late level like over level 20 or 25 or something.

2. You shoot(with a upgraded gun)/throw a grenade/monkey bomb at the barrel that is closest to the fly trap.

3. Activate the Fly Trap

4. You shoot(with a upgraded gun)/throw a grenade/monkey bomb at the barrel that is closest to the one of the teddys.

5. You shoot that teddy.

6. You shoot(with a upgraded gun)/throw a grenade/monkey bomb at the barrel that is closest to the other teddy.

7. Shoot the other teddy.

8. You shoot(with a upgraded gun)/throw a grenade/monkey bomb at the barrel that is closest to the monkey in the furnace.

9. Shoot the monkey in the furnace.

10. You shoot(with a upgraded gun)/throw a grenade/monkey bomb at the last barrel remaining.

My theory is that you can shoot all 5 barrels and the teddys in a synchronized pattern like I wrote above then maybe your character might say something that is important to the story. This is just my theory I doubt it will work but that is just my idea. :D

I think I might bust out Zombies to check this out.

Edit: Yea, only 2 rooms have the flaming barrels... The one by Juggernog, and the one by the "SOS" shed. The others just have something burning. Not sure about the Quick Revive room though, the only part burning is the start of the underground area. The one with the double barrel doesn't have anything burning in it...

Double Barrel: Nothing in the room is on fire, outside the window however, a pile is on fire.

Juggernog: A flaming barrel RIGHT ON the question mark.

Quick Revive: The wall of the hole in the floor is on fire. Whether this counts as being "in the room" is questionable.

Teleporter B Room: Nothing in the room on fire, but inside the Zombie window some stuff is burning on the floor.

S.O.S. Shed Area: Inside the shed is a burning barrel.

So yea, what do you guys think?

before this topic got posted about a week prior this is what i said to a random player in a random game of der riese i went in. Each room question marked room has fire and each area has a window with a destroyed wall.

What has to be done in these rooms is ?????

I believed these areas contained possible thinking spots to get away momentarily from zombags or later in the game after the shield has been destroyed a possible defense mechanism for each area for the player to get to and have an escape from the chaos.

The questions marks must be a hint to where important easter eggs are?

Goin anti clockwise ( number order I suggest to make reference easy?)

1. Note in "monkey bomb glitch"

2. Chalkboards

3.Dr maxis office.. "need more 115" Radio transmission ?

4. Cryptic writing on wall?

5. .. Not sure.. Close to chalkboards?

The questions marks much be a hint to where important easter eggs are?

Goin anti clockwise ( number order I suggest to make reference easy?)

1. Note in "monkey bomb glitch"

2. Chalkboards

3.Dr maxis office.. "need more 115" Radio transmission ?

4. Cryptic writing on wall?

5. .. Not sure.. Close to chalkboards?

.... is produced by bombarding an Americium-245 nucleus with a Calcium-48 nucleus. It then decays... after further decay a meta-stable isotope is formed. This leads us to believe that transference of matter is indeed possible, and even re-animation of...

Name: Americium

Symbol: Am

Atomic Number: 95

Atomic Mass: (243.0) amu

Melting Point: 994.0 °C (1267.15 K, 1821.2 °F)

Boiling Point: 2607.0 °C (2880.15 K, 4724.6 °F)

Number of Protons/Electrons: 95

Number of Neutrons: 148

Classification: Rare Earth

Crystal Structure: Hexagonal

Density @ 293 K: 13.6 g/cm3

Color: Unknown

Atomic Structure

[bohr Model of Americium]

Number of Energy Levels: 7

First Energy Level: 2

Second Energy Level: 8

Third Energy Level: 18

Fourth Energy Level: 32

Fifth Energy Level: 25

Sixth Energy Level: 8

Seventh Energy Level: 2

Isotopes

Isotope Half Life

Am-240 2.1 days

Am-241 432.7 years

Am-242 16.0 hours

Am-242m 141.0 years

Am-243 7370.0 years

Am-244 10.1 hours

Am-245 2.1 hours

Am-246 39.0 minutes

Facts

Date of Discovery: 1945

Discoverer: G.T. Seaborg

Name Origin: After America

Uses: Smoke Detectors

Obtained From: Man-made

Name: Calcium

Symbol: Ca

Atomic Number: 20

Atomic Mass: 40.078 amu

Melting Point: 839.0 °C (1112.15 K, 1542.2 °F)

Boiling Point: 1484.0 °C (1757.15 K, 2703.2 °F)

Number of Protons/Electrons: 20

Number of Neutrons: 20

Classification: Alkaline Earth

Crystal Structure: Cubic

Density @ 293 K: 1.55 g/cm3

Color: Silvery

Atomic Structure

[bohr Model of Calcium]

Number of Energy Levels: 4

First Energy Level: 2

Second Energy Level: 8

Third Energy Level: 8

Fourth Energy Level: 2

Isotopes

Isotope Half Life

Ca-40 Stable

Ca-41 103000.0 years

Ca-42 Stable

Ca-43 Stable

Ca-44 Stable

Ca-45 162.7 days

Ca-46 Stable

Ca-47 4.5 days

Ca-48 Stable

Ca-49 8.7 minutes

Facts

Date of Discovery: 1808

Discoverer: Sir Humphrey Davy

Name Origin: From the latin word calcis (lime)

Uses: life forms for bones and shells

Obtained From: chalk, limestone, marble. 3.5% of crust

Whats a "monkey bomb glitch" and why there?????

**Note that at "1" there is a square that is in between the note and the window that is different than the rest of the room and it makes a *Ping* noise when shot at.**

Where the note is you reference from , aprently if you throw a monkey bomb into the crevice ( love that word) and it gets stuck the monkey lasts longer... Legend has it anyway! Though it was common knowledge , therefore easier to call it monkeybomb glitch than ... Secret note in crevice by shogun

Good info... Now if we obtain decent info on eggs found around the rest of the question marks .. We may have a spine to work from

Question Mark "2"

2.http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/258/note1.png

When deciphered note reads:

Faithful servant

The seed has been planted

Observe and report

Maxis must not know

Date: December 23rd, 1944

In this room without the switch being flipped is a broken wall with barricade.When the switch is flipped there is a ball of light in the top right hand corner of the barricaded window.

There are 2 shelves with empty laden jars and jars with red liquid(xerum525?). When liquid is shot from the top it causes a ripple, depending on the caliber on the weapon used to shoot the substance it will either cause the splash to spread out off the shelves or just proppa drop on top the jar to a minor effect.

Their is the experiment board noting:

"Edward I know It Was You"

"Never Again Sam"

"level 5-8 must survive"

"potential model 647" **it equals 17 just like 935 if all numbers added**

fibonacci numbers. If taken the even numbers from the board listed "2,8 & 34" and take the phrase "Embrace the Trinity.... and take the 3 even numbered letters from this phrase it spells "MEL" and this is on that same experiment board.

Illuminati deciphered on board also spells TREYARCH & OHM & 935

Last but not least on this board you can purchase grenades.

There is a desk in this area, on this desk is a brain jar with spine and another red substance(xerum 525?) filled jar. Directly behind the desk is a cork board as per below:

Also there is a door in between the experiment board and the shelves. If you look at the top portion of the door and directly above the barricade there is a date, 1943 11 3. In Germany history this is the day that AH ordered Gen.Rommel not to retreat dispute shortages of fuel and materials. In the garage their looks to be the supplies seeing how the barrels have the same crest as the machine that houses the PAP machine.

I believe I have covered all that is seen in this room, if I have missed anything please add to this.

You the man

They gotta lead to something ...

Sure the old forum discussed this... Now we can crack it

Im sure the old forum has but I am now writing in this thread because like I said earlier in recent weeks I made note to a random lobby that there were these question marks and seeing how a thread was made I figured I would put down some of my notes that I have kept logged into this thread and hopefully by writing it all down will shed some light onto my inner workings within said complex.

** Special thanks to CODZ for providing pics that are used in this topic. Giving a shout out and giving credit where its due fellow CODZers **

Not in question marked area and hopefully this isnt off the topic but:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9514/note2.png

...powerful side effects of using 115. The power is undeniable, but who can use such weapons without themselves turning...

Slightly ..ha.. Not a major breach though :D

This is the piece of paper under loner stone near Thompson I believe..

Probably explaining blimmin ray gun / wunder splash back!

You got some great info... Keep it flowing!

The question mark at the quick revive possibly wants to show us the tunnel downstairs? when the wall is opend downstairs look through it! you can see a blue shining light and a shadow..? blue is not a natural source of light it must be something strange...

the shadow and the blue light is from a rock inside the tunnel, idk what it's for though.

well if cant be anything that involves audio, ive listened to all the dlc3 audio files for waw on pc, even some that didnt make the cut in the game (my 'original title' topic) i havent seen all the image texture files for the game but i cud check them

theyr zombie spawn points its like one of the people there made a map and they couldnt go in there beacuase the zombies would get them

It can't be spawns points since only one of them is a spawn point. The Double barrel room, the quick revie room and the juggernaut room are not spawn points.

theyr zombie spawn points its like one of the people there made a map and they couldnt go in there beacuase the zombies would get them

It can't be spawns points since only one of them is a spawn point. The Double barrel room, the quick revie room and the juggernaut room are not spawn points.

no remember there r rooms behind each of those places

no remember there r rooms behind each of those places

yes but the actual question marks are not in spawn points. the 3 others have rooms beside it for spawning , but not for spawning itself.

And why would they be 4 spawn points labeled but when there are loads more?

As Phil said they not spawn points... Why would they single them 5 points out? They are in no way major spawn points.

The thread has pretty much established the question marks indicate important easter eggs.. Possible added together leads us to major info...

The only question mark of no significance so far seems number4 (near jugg)