A Thread About The Future Of Zombies

This was started on the other site by Carbon it is a copy and paste so nothing has been lost.

I have written a thread on the Xbox.com forums about this topic, please feel free to read it and post your replies there.

http://forums.xbox.com/30912188/ShowPost.aspx

Here is what it says.....

**The main reason for this thread is that I want to know what you all think the future will hold for zombies. I also want to know what you would want to see in a full zombie game.**

So, with Treyarch on their way making their new game, I have come to think what will happen to zombies. I hope that Treyarch makes another war game and not JUST a zombie game as I would like to play something other than MW2 this Fall. However I hope in the following years a zombie game is workable.

Zombies was an incredible addition to the game that has kept many people playing WaW. With 4 maps to choose from it has been far from neglected. I hope Treyarch knows and understands what they have created here, something that will make them some serious money in the future.

To neglect zombies forever and to move on to other things is, in my opinion, a huge mistake. There is so much potential with the game mode and it's concept that it would be irresponsible to overlook it.

I look back on the video they did where they said "we shall return" in the cryptic Illuminati code that can be found scattered across a few of the zombie levels. This leads me to believe that perhaps they do in fact plan on resurrecting the zombie concept for further production.

Another thing that comes to mind is a radio found on Der Riese that is a letter from Dr. Maxis. If you replace words with Treyarch, etc, it sounds as though it is a message explaining the future of zombies.

Here is that letter, edited by me in bold. *please note that this is merely my own translation and it has not been approved or acknowledged by anyone at Treyarch*

"Sophia, this letter is to go to the Reichstag high command(Activision) immediately. Gentlemen, it is with the utmost urgency that I draw your attention to the lack of funding being injected into 'The Giant'(Zombies) project. Well, I believe we are close to realizing the ultimate plan. We still have several years of development before it is ready. It would be folly to cut our expenditures so early in our development. As you know, early tests on the DG-2(Map Packs) have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe(Zombies Game) within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has, however, come to a standstill. We simply do not have enough Element 115(Money) to continue the experiments. The test subjects have survived teleportation but are currently unresponsive to commands and cannot be controlled. If we are to overcome this obstacle, we need to increase the frequency and size of the experiment. To this end, I suggest we find not only a regular supply of 115(Money), but that we also find a larger conduit to channel the energy. Our operatives in America, have informed that the U.S have a large supply of the element at the Nevada base. So time is of the essence if we are to stay ahead of them. This cannot be done if you cut the budget, nor can it be done if you insist on pressuring us into action before we are ready. I am available for discussion on the matter, but on the meantime I will continue with the work here and try to win this damned war! Signed, etc... etc..., Dr. Maxis."

Granted this could be very wrong, but the way I read it, it sounds as though they plan on making a zombie game. I am not saying all of the letter is decipherable, perhaps I am overlooking something. However, I can dream can't I? Big Smile

I read something a moderator wrote on my forum and I completely agree with her. If there were to be a zombies game it should include 2 game modes.

1. The infinite levels with waves of zombies, like what we have seen so far.

2. A continuing campaign where you fight zombies along a storyline.

I have come to terms with the current state that Treyarch has left zombies in and I feel perhaps they have already divulged the storyline. However the dreamer in me hopes that there is more and that we will see additions to what we know already.

I, myself am incredibly devoted to zombies and all it stands for and what it has to offer the community. Which was the main motivating factor in my creation of callofdutyzombies.com. I have noticed that there is something special about zombies, a lot more than was being talked about. With almost 4,000 members and growing, it tells me that zombies is something that was stricken enjoyment into the lives of many. When you hear people talk about WaW, it always turns into talk about zombies, and how much everybody loves zombies.

I remember the first day I bought WaW, I beat the campaign on easy so I could play zombies

So now after you have read my LONG post (sorry about that) please tell me what you think the future holds for zombies. As well as what you WANT the future for zombies to include.

Your Zombie Connoisseur,

Carbon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

honestly i believe they shouldn't change a thing its all perfect.... the fact that we have to scavenge for info on the storyline is absolutely terrific and has kept us playing for years it shouldn't be changed the zombies getting more decayed and grotesque is very realistic. and the idea of this minigame in general just blew my mind .... because thats how its supposed to be and thats what makes it great keep it all the same just new maps like numa and der riese and well be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe we'll stay in the WWII era for the next 4 maps and then we are going to progress and start getting newer guns and what not.

I agree and the Zombies will take on different attributes and mannerisms. Plus with more modern weapons Zombies is going to be messy lol :lol: