Stimulus Pack - Thoughts

A thread to post your thoughts...

Personally for me, to start, I think bringing back Crash and Overgrown was good, but I think they also could've added new maps instead of remaking old ones.

Bailout - Very nice map, smooth gameplay, and not to mention the spawns are better than other maps. I like the size, very good for Ground War and Domination matches. Inside and outside battles are sure to spice up your game.

Storm - Also a very nice map, rather shallow gameplay however, as there are a lot of side-alleys and little spots to hide in. The map itself is very nice. Only good for regular team games though, as it isn't as big as Bailout. But with all the inside-outside space, you're sure to enjoy this map for a while to come.

Salvage - Very straightforward gameplay, medium map. Many spots to run through, but it's all really narrow, so it's run & gun on this map. Most action takes place on the side swept trails. As there are very few buildings, it's mainly an outside map. This place is perfect for Search and Destroy, Demolition, Sabotage and Capture the Flag.

Crash/Overgrown - Not much to say, the maps are from Call of Duty 4. CoD4 in it's own was an excellent game. Overgrown was always a very good map, it's excellent for Bomb and Flag games. It's a good place to snipe, as it's a very grassy terrain. Not much has been changed from the CoD4 version besides the updated graphics. Crash has always been my favorite map of any Call of Duty game. Crash was the baseline of what was to become a very very updated, fast paced and wide-spread game-play map. From back-alleys to the mid-area to the three story building. All of Crash has been kept the same, some spots from CoD4 have been removed. But I won't complain. The map itself is excellent. The spawns have been worked to balance them out and Crash is suitable for all game modes.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the new map pack is that its alright.

however.... fourzerotwo gave me a free map pack code since I met him at Pax, I guess we are friends now lol anyway I got them for free so even if I don't like them, it was no skin off my back :P but ya they are cool, I like crash and overgrown.

well since ps3 players have been shunned and ignored, i havent had the chance to give IW my money again for the same maps. By the end of april, some type of boycott will have started and i will probably end up not buying them. If i do buy them im sure i will find them to be good, not great but not terrible. Ill come back and edit this when its released lol

I absolutely love the maps. They are the best ones they've made yet, and for the price they put on them, I think we got our money's worth. :)

Its the only new maps they made, lol, there is still another one ( or so we were told )

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure we could guess what's going to be in the next map pack. "The Whitehouse, Vacant, Abandon, Revolt, Compact and possibly Shipment."

I absolutely love the maps. They are the best ones they've made yet, and for the price they put on them, I think we got our money's worth. :)

Its the only new maps they made, lol, there is still another one ( or so we were told )

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure we could guess what's going to be in the next map pack. "The Whitehouse, Vacant, Abandon, Revolt, Compact and possibly Shipment."

The White house might sounds BA

Well i have to say. I was definitely thinking about trading mw2 in until i got the maps. It really saved the game. They are not one sided anymore! You dont have to sit there and die 30 times to get up a hill. They are all equal on each side of the teams.

Personally my favorite map of the DLC is Storm.

Least favorite is Bailout ( i think the thought of the map is cool but to much of a camper friendly map)

• 2 weeks later...

Treyarch is making the next map pack. I'm glad personally that the infinity ward staff is being taken over by treyarch, because that means more updates (that actually fix things and not ruin them) they'll fix mw2s corrupted files and the maps will be fun in the new map pack, as well as a patch to fix the guns e.g. the vector is the strongest most accurate smg in the game with very low recoil it is way too weak in the game. And the sniper rifles are unrealistic, so are the hit boxes. The maps IW came out with are like cod 4's maps rehashes of old ones from previous games.

Treyarch is making the next map pack. I'm glad personally that the infinity ward staff is being taken over by treyarch, because that means more updates (that actually fix things and not ruin them) they'll fix mw2s corrupted files and the maps will be fun in the new map pack, as well as a patch to fix the guns e.g. the vector is the strongest most accurate smg in the game with very low recoil it is way too weak in the game. And the sniper rifles are unrealistic, so are the hit boxes. The maps IW came out with are like cod 4's maps rehashes of old ones from previous games.

Ermmm......Who the hell told you that?

Mw2 Was kinda dead, a lot of people were turning to Bc2 but this rescued it, but not for long for me. Bc2 gave you free maps for buying the game, and didnt charge you 1200 MSP,

I Think Mw2 could have been The best Game if they would have Postponed it and gave it a beta, to fix the iron sights that dont work, spawn points issues Etc. not bad dlc, But not enough tot make me Put in Mw2 Instead Of Bc2 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for the 1200 MS, i thought it was a OK deal, not bad, not good.

yes, when i put into perspective just how much time i have spent playing these maps since they were released,they were totally worth the points/money. (even though i got my code free)

I have spent £40/$60 on a game numerous times and only played it for a couple of hours to never put it in my consoles again. :-)

Maps are OK... but i expected more. But out of the new maps, salvage is my fav. All players try to get in that little house (like it's the hot spot in that map), you can easily noob tube them through the window. And FMJ does the rest.

Hope they do "all new" maps next time. Otherwise the advantage is on those who played Modern Warfare 1. I didn't , and the first matches on Overgrown and Crash i've been an easy target for those veterans.

Before the new maps were out I was just not really playing xbox at all because there were no good games and I was waiting for The Passing DLC for Left 4 Dead 2 to come out which was currently delayed. Once the MW2 maps came out I waited till the second day because I knew that there would be problems, and look at that I was right.

Then when I got them it was a breath of fresh air and I enjoyed playing again. But after a couple weeks of playing them im starting to get tired of the game and now that CoD:Black Ops is announced, that cannot come soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Ermmm......Who the hell told you that?

Ditto ^ If thats true I'll be sad. Treyarch would fix everything of course, and it might be a decent enough game to play again BUT, Treyarch should not have to bail out infinity ward because they're a crappy developer. They need to focus on Black Ops.

Oh and the maps are crap, typical crappy infinity ward maps with absolutely no possible strategy. Its just a bunch of crap dropped randomly on the ground. Every game mode plays like team deathmatch because no one cares about the objective when they can camp for a killstreak. A complete waste of dollars.

• 3 weeks later...

My thoughts on the new map pack is that its alright.

however.... fourzerotwo gave me a free map pack code since I met him at Pax, I guess we are friends now lol anyway I got them for free so even if I don't like them, it was no skin off my back :P but ya they are cool, I like crash and overgrown.

lol friends w/ josh olin, and him? gosh ur famous :P