WANTED: CoDz Writers

carbonfibah

Ok, with our new site, which has an article system, we can start producing more content that can be displayed via the homepage. Before you say "ohhh I want to be a CoDz Writer" know that all your written content must be your own work. So I mean NO plagiarizing, and no changing a few words around so its a little different.

I am looking for people who are creative individuals and all around good writers meaning good with spelling, grammar, etc. I am not looking for novels but enough written content that shows you put an effort towards making your article good and worth reading. Of course there will be a new group added for the select few that are chosen.

So how can I be chosen? You might be wondering. Well let me tell you. First of all I would ask you to submit to me a few articles that you have written. Also you must be a person who frequents the forum and is trustworthy. There will only be a few open spots for this position. In the future, for gaming conventions, being part of CoDz, and being a writer might score you a free media pass, so be conscience of the opportunities of becoming a well known and revered writer for a fansite.

Who knows your articles may become popular and even considered news and spread throughout the gaming community via social web programs like Twitter or Facebook. So now that I have covered some basics, lets get into the type of content that I am looking for the CoDz writers to produce.

• [*:39tfxmow]Game Reviews (cross platform and genre, if its new, and you played it and review it!)
    [*:39tfxmow]Report on Industry wide news (in your own words)
    [*:39tfxmow]Report on Gaming news (in your own words)
    [*:39tfxmow]Report on CoD news (in your own words)
    [*:39tfxmow]Write and conduct interviews with people in the gaming Industry (I can help set some of these up for you, you provide the questions)
    [*:39tfxmow]Report on CoDz news/events

Along with your article I would also ask that you provide 1-5 images that are related to your article. As for article length the choice is yours, but it needs to be more then just one paragraph and not a full book, so use your own literary discretion.

So after reading all this and you are still interested in applying to become a CoDz writer, private message me, or write a few articles to send me, and we can go from there.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xeinpo

ive written a few reviews which are good but sorry im not really interested in like going to gameshows and stuff i live in UK so

I wanna be a CoDz writer.

Can I submit the draft that I wrote for Transmission 6?

lol no, I am looking for a comprehensive review of a game, a few paragraphs, nice long review with images.

I need a well versed writer who does not mispell words, understands grammar and the english language, I need a good writer.

A good example of a review, would be something like this:

Earlier this month, Ubisoft released the latest addition to the widely acclaimed Splinter Cell franchise, Splinter Cell: Conviction. You play as ex-Third Echelon Agent Sam Fisher on a quest to find the people who killed his daughter, who had been murdered in the previous game. Throughout his journey you have to face tough foes, interrogate dangerous criminals, and sneak your way past well-armed guards.

This game manages to bring together a lot of great new concepts and it does it in such a way that can only be explained as perfect. All of the new elements fit together ideally and really manage to round out the entire experience. One example of this would be a situation where you’re hanging from a ceiling pipe in a dark room. You pull your radar goggles down over your eyes and can now see any enemy in the room identified as a bright white silhouette on your screen. Then, using the right bumper you can mark your targets. You then wait till an enemy is directly below you, you quickly jump down on him and take him out. After that’s done you tap the “Y” button and immediately go into slow-motion as you watch Sam quickly and efficiently execute the rest of the enemies in the room. This is only one of the infinite number of scenarios you can experience.

One of the biggest improvements to the game is the one mentioned above, the “Mark and Execute”. Like described earlier, you simply Mark the enemies, but you can only Mark a specific amount of enemies depending on your current weapon of choice. Once you’ve done that you tap Y and observe Sam go to work as he Executes the visible enemies. One last thing is that the enemy has to be close enough and in view for Sam to actually be able to Execute them, though that’s a small setback and can easily be overcome.

Another of the features that I thoroughly enjoyed was the way the objectives and video clips are projected onto the walls of surrounding buildings. If you wanted to view your current objective you could hit the Back button and it would project you objective either onto the ground in front of you or on another building nearby. The way they incorporated this was really nice because it allows you to not have to access the Pause Menu to view your objectives, thus allowing you stay in game.

Apart from the main single player campaign, they included Co-Op, which is extremely fun to either tag team the Co-Op campaign, which is a prequel to the single player story, with a buddy. It’s really configured just right so that you do have to work together with your partner if you want to prevail. There’s absolutely no running ahead on your own because it could spell trouble for either one of you. Some of the other Co-Op game modes are enjoyable too, though I haven’t dabbled too much in those because I’ve been to enthralled in the story modes.

There are only a few small things that I had slight issues with. One of those would be that while playing Co-Op with someone, if they paused the game, it would pause the game for you to. Though it wasn’t too big of a deal, it became a bit of hassle at times. Another problem I had was with the sheer weakness that Sam had. I understand that he’s not wearing any protective armor and all that, but I figured he’d be a bit tougher than what they made him. Again, just a very small issue that really didn’t hinder my gameplay and enjoyment by too much.

Final Thoughts: Altogether, Splinter Cell: Conviction is a great game and definitely stands out in this years game line-up. Offering many new innovative and exciting features, it also manages to stand out among the Splinter Cell franchise. If you’ve been a fan of any of the previous Splinter Cell games, then is definitely the time to step up and buy the newest and best rendition in the series. Having said this, I give Splinter Cell: Conviction an “A-” grade.